Sunday 20 November 2005

650th - Maids

When I woke up, I heard my parents gossiping about my neighbour's maid. What's with maids nowadays? Maids now have to go through courses to meet employer's expectations. Maids nowadays have age limits. Maids nowadays...are getting cleverer.



My neighbour's maid could understand teow chew. That was how she found out her employer's unsatisfaction. I can understand hokkien but not even to that extend! I don't even understand hakka; the dialect I'm SUPPOSED to understand! Never underestimate maids no more. Not underestimate their ability of work but their ability of eavesdropping or backstabbing. Although employers are more prone to backstabbing their maids.



Popa said: "Have maid also troublesome. DON'T have maid ALSO troublesome."



Moma added: "Have maid also good what. But DON'T have maid ALSO good."



You see the irony? My parents and I have survived without maids for a whole of 7 years. Even the part time maid my parents hired gave me a farkin big headache. Now without that part time maid, life seems much better. I get to enjoy the fun of washing, mopping and sweeping and meanwhile lose some weight doing so. No more searching for misplaced items, no more searching for clothes being dumped into the laundry even before you wore it(in other words, the clothes were clean and not worn yet).



Moma was saying the other day: "We don't know if Auntie(the part time maid) will come back or not. If she comes back we won't have to do all these household chores. If she doesn't, we'll have to continue doing all these household chores."



The fact is, I don't want the part time maid to come back. With her, my parents and I will not get to enjoy the fun of doing the chores together. No interaction, no fun. Without her, we can do the chores together, chat, interact, and maybe splash some water. Popa can save some money too. And I can be job free for a LONGER period of time.



As I was plucking some bean sprouts just now, I felt lucky to have no maid, to be close to my parents. Popa, Moma and I were plucking the bean sprouts as a family. It felt closer than usual and it made me feel good.



In other words, maids are family destroyers. ANNSLEY! BEWARE!!!!!



farking off~RYNETTA

No comments: