Sunday 25 December 2005

Alright alright before I start off, merry christmas to all. Everyone's been saying I've been very cold to everyone. I wonder who's being the cold ones.



I had an afternoon nap at around 3 till 5.20pm before I got myself prepared for the party. Being the budget king, Daddy insisted on me wearing my prom dress. Was quite pissed at first but realised no one outside school has seen me in my prom dress. So heck. Even if I were to bump into someone from my secondary school, I wouldn't even have given a fuck. Make up was simple-gothic. Eye liner on my eye lids, whitish-pink eye shadow above my eyes(below my eye brows). The...brown powder as blusher and Elizabeth Arden's lip gloss. Didn't do much to my hair either, just waxed it into right parting, fluffed it up a little, and that's it, we were off.



We picked Uncle Lee up first 'cos he was also going to the party. I admire him, really, for being so active even at his age(77). I wonder what he'll be when he turns 85(my greatgrandma just did). It was pretty boring when we entered the neptune restaurant. Everyone who passed by me just went "Woah! Big liao leh! The above 18 show you don't have to go out liao!" And Daddy would go "Ofcourse la! Nu da shi ba bian(girl big eighteen change)! My new girlfriend leh!" I just smiled and nodded.



The dance floor opened when dinner was served. It's kinda STUPID because everyone was starving so who the hell would go down and dance? Only a few did. Cos it was waltz. I like waltz. I asked Daddy if he knew how to waltz but he said "this waltz ar? Dunno." He said he only knows the other waltz 'cos the other waltz is slower. I DON'T LIKE! I LIKE THE QUICK ONE! I LIKE THE SPINNING AND MERRY-GO-ROUND ONE! I so desperately wanted to get down on the dancefloor, honey. Cha-cha came on and I immediately dragged Daddy down. (The party was mostly full of Aunties and Uncles trying to show off their sagging skin so I'm always the one there to spoil the smug-attitude)



Dinner was fine. After dinner, and after so many rounds of chacha/waltz/blahblahblah, Mummy and Daddy went down for cha-cha again. Daddy's friend, Anne, pulled me down too. She was a hell load better teacher. She not only taught me a few more steps of cha-cha, she taught me disco-rock. She was like "woah! You're daughter damn ruan(flexible/soft) leh! Pull abit here and there can dance already!" I was like...DUH I've got all the dancing genes my parents have. Maybe more. Maybe even including some of the ancestors' dancing genes too. Gosh I love dancing. Disco came on. I joined my cousins(Jessica, Sean, Tristan) and their parents. Songs like YMCA, lalala came on. Their disco was slow and boring but better than nothing.



Countdown came. Party poppers were popped. I bet at least ONE person from each table burnt their hands. I burnt three fingers. One of which bleed a little even. "Santa Claus" shooked my hand. Went on stage(so did EVERYONE else), shook hands with the organisers(all were Daddy's friends) and with that...THAT Chan Soo Sen. I somehow was the limelight of the dancefloor 'cos everytime I shook hands with someone to wish them merry christmas, they'd end of with "woah you can dance ar!". Some photographer even took pictures of me secretly. I bet I crashed lotsa Auntie's and Uncle's egos. Some of the organisers even urged me to go on stage for fashion show/dancing competition but I went "don't want lah I go on stage before already, give chance to other people la". I DID went on stage once, two years back, as a vietnamese girl. The fashion show was for those who were proud of their dresses. They had to dance, though. Either Chinese or Malay or Indian. One refused to dance and the MC went "then what you want to dance? ballet ar?" Immediately I went "Godammit I should have gone on stage."



The above 18 show was nothing. They wore thongs and bra. The guys wore long pants and were only half naked. There was only one small section where the girls had their bra removed. None had their bottom removed. None of the guys stripped. You call this above 18 meh. Some thongs even had feathers covering their butts. What's the point? Ok I shan't go on like a horny bitch.



Overall, the party was fun. Got some present 'cos that 77 year old uncle went up on stage 'cos he was one of the oldest dancers. The MC asked how many friends he brought along and he said four; his dancing partners, my parents and I. So he got four extra presents and gave my parents and I two. DADDY REFUSED TO GO ON STAGE! People 53 also can go, Daddy 55 don't want to go. Wasted lar!



I saw alot of fashion disasters and alot of saggy-but-proud-of-it fashion. Alot wore the kinda dress I wore last year. Y'know the indian/arabian long long type? Nevermind. It' just so common now that it makes me nauseous. When I saw so many Aunties flaunting their sagging bodies, I thought to myself "I love mummy. She's simple but beautiful." She wore a two piece black gown that only had abit of dark red at the chest area. GOD she's lovely. The sexiest Mummy alive. (you don't have to be slim to be sexy/beautiful)



I heard another gathering was organised for me 'cos they realised(yes they REALISED) I was pissed at the fact that only 3 out of the so many was free the other day. If that's the case, I insist on Jin Kai going. HE was the one who gave me a fat "nope" when I asked if he was free. He's so gonna be farking screwed. That bustard son of a bitch.



farking off~RYNETTA

No comments: