Monday 10 October 2005

Dear Stacie,


On the 10th of October 1989, while all Taiwanese were celebrating their national day, a baby's cry was heard in a ward somewhere in Singapore. No doubt, a baby girl was born. She was none other than Stacie.

Every year, people fuss about what presents to give this little girl on her birthday. Some say toys, some say clothes, some even say...pram. Time flew pass and before anyone could expect it, the little girl has grown into a young, fine lady. Long gone the baby toys, long gone the baby books. Fashionable clothes and accessories came in, and so did the...bras.

As I combed through the rows and rows of gift shops, I kept questioning myself, "What the hell to get Stacie on her 16th birthday?!" I was seriously broke, so it was impossible to get her a sweet sixteen birthday part. "Ask her out for a date?" Nah. She's got exams! History exams, to be exact. Damn!

Being a teenager myself, I tend to forget what Stacie needed was close to what I needed. I sat my bum onto the toilet bowl and started thinking of what I needed. "A NEW BAG!" But then again, she's got a new retro Nike bag.

The queue outside the cubicle was getting longer and longer. I just couldn't think of what to get Stacie! I started playing with my nails. Aha! Nail polish! I dashed out of the toilet, almost crashing into the queue, and went to my mum. "Mummy! Let's get nail polish for Stacie!" That was how I managed to get this present for that young lady.

Honey, my present may not be big or splendid. I just want you to know that whatever I gave you throughout the past two years or so was sincerely out of sincerity. Hopefully this present I've got for you would come in handy for prom, or outings.


Hugs and Kisses,
Rynetta

No comments: