Wednesday 26 July 2006

IN SINGAPORE



Last Saturday was the day I was supposed to meet up with Sherry if not for her friend cancelling on her haha. In the morning, I went jogging. I...jogged really fast all the way. So I sweated a lot that morning. When Mummy was back from the market, Daddy, Mummy and I went to eat Beach Road Prawn Mee. It's situated along East Coast Road.



Daddy and I nimbled a bit on the snacks he brought back from Macau before we went to eat so both of us were like...10% percent full. BUT the three of us still managed to finish one bowl each ^^. Daddy and Mummy still expected me to give some to Daddy haha. Breakfast leh aunty uncle, breakfast must eat heavy one. Oh ya I added A LOT of chilli powder into mine =D shiok.



When we were done, we went home. Didn't do much. Then Mummy and I went to Roxy Square because she needed to pay for her (and Daddy's) air tickets and hotel fees for my graduation. It took about...two hours??? Poor Fiona. She was new in the company but she's a really happy go lucky girl. The kind of staff you want when you go into a service company.



Mummy and I ate at the basement food court of Roxy Square. I had ban mian. Mummy had you mian. Talking about noodles. Mummy always says that she eats bee hoon for the prawn mee, Daddy eats the yellow noodles. Me? Combination. Bee hoon with yellow noodles. This is called...*echo* THE CHILD OF THE TWO GREAT LOVERS *echo*. Okok too dramatic.



When we were done, Mummy and I walked over to marine parade (the post office near parkway there) to take bus 36 to town. Both of us slept in the bus =P. Too heavy lunch. So I told Mummy I wanted light dinner. She decided to cook pork porridge x). Surprisingly, both of us also managed to wake up right before the bus stop haha. When we got off the bus, we were like two blur sotongs on the road.



We MANAGED to walk to CK Tangs. Why go there? Buy dress lor. What dress? You guess lor. Haha. I tried on like three. In the end, the first one I tried was still the best. Bought some sandals (on heels) to suit the dress, and also some necklace and ear rings. Sweet =). But we couldn't find a suitable handbag. We both forgot to go to Taka(shimaya).



It was getting pretty late so Mummy and I squeezed our way through to the nearest bus stop with bus 14. Sooo many people sia. Heng the second level of bus 14 not many people. Reminds me of...the day when Mummy and I took the bus home from Bugis. It was raining and the roof was leaking can! We moved once but in the end also no use haha. It was bus 12. Also the first day I went shopping with Mummy when I went back. LUCKILY that day not raining. So bus 14 wasn't leaking. Haha. Both of us slept in the bus again. AND managed to wake up before our bus stop again. Ha!



Went home, Mummy cooked and we had dinner. At night...pack luggage. *sigh*







STILL IN SINGAPORE. SUNDAY. Was supposed to go jogging in the morning. But in the end, I got too lazy and woke up at around 8am 'cos Mummy and I had to leave home at 9.30. It was Ah Gong's death anniversary. I went to shower and everything, and we left home at around 9.30.



We went to the coffeeshop near my house to get roasted dark, roasted meat and char siew BUT the stall in the coffeeshop wasn't open. In the end, we went to Eunos' market to get them. Wa lao S$50++ can. Siao.



We reached Ah Mah's house at around 10.25. Super early. Everyone soon started coming in. And you know what? I had more presents ^^. My biggest aunt bought key chains, crouche (I still don't know how to spell that...anyone?) and magnets from Russia. I got a crouche. Crouche's like the safety pin thingy that you hang on your shirt or something. My third aunt bought t-shirts in Malaysia. She bought a black t-shirt with three ballerinas and words saying "Prima Ballerina". The three ballerinas' tutus were made of those...real tutu material. And they're like sew-ed on. Damn nice. Then there were extra shirts because there was only one big size shirt for Germaine. Jojo grew bigger and couldn't fit the other two small sized shirts. So I took one more =P.



I talked to Ah Gong. Invited him into Ah Mah's house. Talked to him and stuff. Although...I have no impression of him, I still miss him. Don't ask me why. Then we all had lunch. When everyone thought the whole thing was over and were about to leave, Ah Mah shouted, "Buy durian ah buy durian ah!" in Hokkien. Everyone got excited and all the grandchildren (except for me because...I don't know haha felt lazy) went down to buy with Ah Mah. It's those kinda van that goes around selling durians. My older uncle paid for the durians.



That reminds me of my really young times. There used to be vans driving around, selling junk food and ice cream. They always came at the times where my parents weren't home. Then my maid would bring me out and buy me a stick of ice cream. Sigh. Those days. Now no more maid, no more junk food van. Only got durian van.



Ah Mah bought EIGHT durians. We opened five. One was spoilt. Ah Mah wanted to go chase the van for an exchange of durian but we stopped her because the van had already gone far. I tell you the durians were really good. My elder uncle and I agreed that the first durian we opened was the best because it was the most bitter one. Both of us love bitter durians =). Yep, only both of us in the family.



After the whole durian craze, all of us went home. Germaine and Jojo tom-pang Mummy's (Daddy's actually) car. Mummy first went to buy fruits and bread then drove all of us home. When Mummy and I reached home at around 3, the first thing we did was to sleep. Ha! I just collapsed onto the floor and sleep. Don't know why both of us were really tired that day.



At 4.30, Daddy woke Mummy and I up. We got ready and left home. Daddy dropped Mummy and I off at Bishan Junction 8 (very very near Ah Mah's house) and went off for his karaoke at Teck Ghee CC (just beside Bishan). Mummy and I walked around Seiyu but couldn't find any nice handbags. We walked around the whole of Junction 8 but still couldn't find any nice handbags. I guess Mummy will have to help me find them in Taka(shimaya) when I'm over here in Perth.



Mummy and I got tired again so we decided to drink milkshake in McDonald's. I had strawberry, Mummy had banana. Banana was sooo damn nice. Strawberry was sooo damn sweet. We sat in McDonald's for about half an hour then decided to walk out slowly. Just when we walked out, Daddy called us to tell us he's ready. He picked us up at where he dropped us off; the taxi stand.



We went Ah Mah's house again. This time Daddy went. Daddy didn't go in the morning because he needed to do the laundry. For dinner, we ate almost the same things for lunch. Except there were extra three sambal fishes cooked by ah mah. And the soup was different. Dinner was really superb. Really. Then we had durian again! Didn't eat as much this time because there were only three left. But everyone was asking me to eat more because the next time I get to eat such good durians will be four months later. Sigh.



When we were all done, we went home. Daddy, Mummy and I were the first to leave because I had a plane to catch at night. I hugged Ah Mah and my smallest aunt goodbye. SIGH. Got home, packed EVERYTHING I left out. Left home at 10.



Reached the airport at around 10.30. Was super early. Went to check in first. No more window seats. I was like...WHAT?! But I got one right beside the window seat so it was still ok. I was asked if I wanted an assistance but I refused so Daddy and Mummy signed a form of agreement.



After the whole check-in thing was done, Daddy, Mummy and I were debating on where to sit down and drink. Mummy and I went up to the restaurants to see but most of them were closed. Then we debated on either McDonald's or Starbucks. Mummy preferred Starbucks so we went Starbucks.



There were only seats at the sofa zone. Then Mummy and I went to order our drinks. I ordered mocha frappuccino. Nope, I'm not affected by coccaine. I can still sleep. Don't ask me why. Mummy ordered hot cocoa and cuppaccino for Daddy. When I went back, Daddy shifted down to the normal seats place. =_= Gundusami sia got good place he don't want. But the sofa place was a bit cramped la haha.



Mummy came back with my drink first. That woman forgot to take straw for me. Smart. Lol. I went to take my straw and when I went back to my seat, Ryan and his group of friends and family sat infront of my table haha. Took him a WHILE to realise I was sitting just opposite him. Blind man haha. My parents also forgot to take stirrer. Wa I really pei fu them. I had to take two stirrers for them haha. And they used the stirrers as straws. Don't know if the stirrers were supposed to be straws but they looked really funny sucking their drinks out of stirrers.



Also bumped into Nic. He was with two or three other friends. He came to talk to Daddy, Mummy and I for a while. He was sitting at seat 55. SO far.



At 12 midnight, I went into the departure hall. That's when Mummy cried and when I told her it'll only be four months. About 5 minutes after I went in, Ryan came along. I went to the toilet and when I came back out, Nic was there too. We three sat on the chairs and waited for the queue to subside. Compared shoes haha. Nic was wearing his new pair of Nike dunks. Ryan wore his new pair of black Converse (I think) sneakers. And I told them I've got a new pair of pink adidas sports shoes.



When we finally cleared the gate, Nic sat down and played Warcraft =_=. Wireless broadband. He boarded the plane first because his seat was way back. Then Ryan and I went in together. Ryan was sitting at 35. Me at 37. I sat in between two guys. On my left was a Japanese guy named Junyo who had assistance haha. On my right was a british guy.



In the plane I watched Swan Lake man! But I didn't manage to finish watching the whole thing haha. That Swan Lake was performed in 1989 CAN. So freaking long ago haha. I watched for about half an hour then went to sleep. Then breakfast came. I didn't really finish mine. Then I watched for another half an hour then went to sleep again. Woke up when the plane touched down.



I TELL YOU AR SQ'S PLANES' TAKE OFF AND LANDING ARE SO FREAKING SMOOTH CAN. ESPECIALLY THE TAKE OFF. I ALMOST COULDN'T TELL WHEN THE PLANE LEFT THE GROUND. Wa lao so long never experience this kinda smooth take off already.



At the counter, Nic had some problem so Ryan and I had to wait for him. Then we were one of the last to take our luggages. I was the first to get mine. Ryan had to take his keyboard cover. Then I went to the green lane. Nic had Ba Gua to declare and Ryan had vitamin pills to declare. In other words, I was the first one out.



I then called Aunty. Told her that Nic will be out in about half n hour to one hour's time. In the end Ryan and Nic came out together 5 minutes later. Nic threw away his Ba Gua. Ryan said his vitamin pills didn't need to be declared. Another 5 minutes later, aunty and uncle arrived. Reached home at 7.30, where all the rubbish started.



signing off~RYNETTA

No comments: