Sunday 9 July 2006

pinkblackpinkblackpinkblack

I used to believe shopping is the cure to all sickness but pfffff I'm wrong. I've been having this cough since last Thursday. Went shopping this afternoon and I'm still having cough. Daddy wants me to visit the doctors' tomorrow. ARGH. Nvm.



Yep, I went shopping today. I watched world cup last night. Quite disappointing. I had high hopes on Portugal. Especially Christiano Ronaldo. When others did the free kick and miss, I said Christiano should do the free kick. In the end he did but he missed too. Sigh.



3-1. One own goal by Portugal. When it was 3-0 I thought it'd be over. As in, O-VER. Then Portugal scored a goal. And Daddy reminded me of the Australian vs Japan match. I stayed on only to see the score stagnant.



I had to wake up at 7 to go to the market with Mummy. Wasn't forced. I did it willingly. To me, it wasn't just an obligation. It was also a responsibility. How often do I get to go to the market with Mummy? Only during the holidays where I go home. I mean, come home. So. Usual market. Usual Singaporeans. No change at all.



Shopping was fun too. I already had in mind what to buy. The first thing Mummy did when we reached Bugis was to pull me all the way down to basement to look at the bags I wanted to buy the last time. Was contemplating on two really nice bags for quite some time. In the end decided to take the pink and black one. Pink and black are still my colours.



Then I pulled Mummy back up to level one because I wanted to go to Adidas. I needed a pair of sports shoes. Yes, i survived half a year without a pair of sports shoes to play badminton with. When I got in, none of the shoes caught my eyes. Then I sat down. Looked through again. And saw this pink pair that's really nice. It doesn't have shoelaces; zipped. It's pink with a few black. Same colours. =)



It was really funny at the cashier. The lady keyed the wrong amount and instead of S$119, she keyed S$11.90. Cheap huh? S$11.90 for a pair of Adidas sports shoes. Lol. She had to make a void receipt and tear both receipts up and make a new entry. Reminds me of accounting. Argh. OH! My sports shoes are multi-purpose shoes. Yay.



Watsons was next. Bought my concealors. Bought my pimple cream. Mummy and I were debating about whether or not Watsons will have the pimple cream I usually buy from NTUC's pharmacy. In the end Watsons had it.



Mummy and I didn't have anywhere to go next so we went to get food and leave Bugis. Food as in...pastries. Egg tart, lao po bing, sesame ball...blahblahblah. Bought a loaf of bread from Four Leaves for Daddy too. Mummy also bought dried cuttle fish somewhere near Bugis then we took bus 12 home. No change in bus drivers' attitudes, no change in Singaporean's kia-su-ness.



In fact, I just got back from a performance. My ballet school held another performance. Brings me back to the old days. Standing backstage, waiting to go on stage to perform. Heart beating very fast, peeping at the audience with anticipation. The performance was superb. Although it was a last minute thing (they only decided on having the performance two months ago), it was still a very good performance.



Mrs Skipp's choreography style hasn't changed. Without looking at the book, I could tell which dances were choreographed by Mrs Skipp. Miss Chew gave birth to a son. Ok that was random. But anyways, Mrs Skipp's got lotsa assistants now. Debbie's sister an assistant teacher in the school. Mrs Skipp invited a lot of guest dancers too.



Overall? The performance was splendid. The kids were cute (but hellva naughty), the tap dancing and modern dance were magnificant and Giselle, yes, Giselle, was the best ballet performance my ballet school ever performed. It's a sad thing I can't perform this round. And I doubt I'd perform ever again. Not that I don't want to. I can't. I've got no time to enroll in a ballet school in Australia. By the time I come back to Singapore permanently, I'd lose touch on ballet already. I guess...I'll have to enjoy ballet by watching.



BUT WHO KNOWS. I've still got my ballet shoes. I can practise ballet secretly at home! Ha! Ok I'd better stop daydreaming. Off to bed. Waking up at two for world cup finals. Oh goodness me.



signing off~RYNETTA

No comments: