Wednesday 19 July 2006

~family dinner~

Christine's coming to my house in any time. Wei Xian just told me that my neoprints remind him of S.H.E. ANYHOWS, I'm still going to blog.



Saturday morning was...a morning I've really been looking forward to. My parents and I were going to visit two temples and a cemetry. I'd made this special request weeeeeks ago. And finally, I was doing it.



First stop was the furthest; cemetry. Visit my grandma (Daddy's mum). Placed a bouquet of chrysanthemum flowers on her grave. Then was the temple. Grandpa (Mummy's dad). I love visiting him. Don't ask why. Then was another temple. My uncle (Daddy's brother). I've been DYING to go up and take a look at him but he's at level 5 and the temple is very wu lu. I hope...he heard and saw me.



After the whole thing, my parents and I ate at Ang Mo Kio's market. I had Bak Kut Teh. I still prefer the one Mummy cooks. Daddy even ate TWO bowls of Kuay Chap. CRAZY CAN??? I go overseas 6 months only he anyhow eat already. Haha but ok la. Only once in a very long while. Mummy knows how strict I am with Daddy's diet. =)



After lunch, we went home. Was supposed to meet up with Marcus and Janet BUT Marcus didn't contact me. So I just slept my afternoon away. At night? Dinner at Beach Road!



My uncle (Mummy's second youngest brother) treated me and my whole family (Mummy's side) to dinner at his newly opened branch in Beach Road. Hopefully his business continues to grow, allowing him to open more branches.



Almost everyone was there. Except my eldest aunt, my third aunt and her husband, and my fourth aunt and her family. My eldest aunt, third aunt and her husband went to Malaysia. My fourth aunt and her family haven't come back to Singapore for holidays. Although the dinner lacked their presence, the dinner was still a good one.



It was a Japanese restaurant. Had Sashimi, Shishamo, my unique Udon noodles, and a lot more other side dishes. My smaller uncle and I chatted a lot. He hasn't changed. He's still the uncle who wrote the post cards to Mummy 16 and a half years ago. The uncle who still dotes on me. He may look like one who doesn't like kids but, as the saying goes, looks may be deceiving. He helped me with my desserts. =) For once, I deeply felt his love. And hey, he's only in his late 30s. Or at most, early 40s. He's really really young.



After dinner, all of us went home. While waiting for Daddy to drive his car to the bus stop Mummy and I agreed on waiting at, Mummy and I saw lotsa school buses fetching primary 5 kids. Reminds me of my primary 5 days. Wooo national day. I'll be missing national day...but I hope I'll be able to celebrate it in Australia.



signing off~RYNETTA

No comments: