Thursday 28 September 2006

MY DREAM. GOD'S DREAM.(finally posted)

It all started a few days after Zion started advertising about Search for a Star. Shelina and Jazper were telling me they were joining FuZion DanZe. So I asked Jazper to help me get into DanZe. The next day he told me he didn't help me sign up because he was busy. There was also this day where I met up with Junie and Faith and we (Faith and I) were thinking if we should still join DanZe. I thought and thought and thought, and decided not to. Reason? Exams were near.



There was this another day where I went out with Wei Xian and Jay. While we were at Borders (Jay looking at car mags, Wei Xian wandering off somewhere), I sat down on a bench, stoning out. Then I chanced upon this ballet magazine in one of the shelves. I stared at it with glowing eyes like as though I just saw gold in the shelves lol. I got so hyped up I forgot I was hungry. That very night, I dreamt about myself dancing ballet on stage TWICE. The dream even ended with me rehearsing backstage with the curtains down before a performance.



A few days later I bumped into Sean in school and was telling him I wasn't in DanZe for SFAS anymore because I was worried for my exam and hip hop wasn't my thing. He told me they were also doing ballet for SFAS. At that very moment I froze. I was lost for words. In a good way. He gave me Lisa's number and I messaged her at that instant.



There wasn't any response so I thought I was too late or something. A week later, a girl by the name of Yivonne messaged me, asking me to go to The Gowrie on a Sunday (3rd Sept, right after Mamak Night) for practise. It felt like heaven for me. I couldn't supress my joy. Was more than just jumping up and down for joy in my room. God has been talking to me. Telling me to make my dream come true. =)



The practises didn't start out too good. We only had practises once a week for about two weeks. I missed out on two practises, one on 7th Sept, the other on 16th Sept. Cell and church service. On Sunday 17th Sept, we managed to rent a proper studio in Vic for Life Aqualife Centre. I was totally lost when I got there. They changed the finale steps and some of the ballet steps. AND I didn't know that very day was our AUDITION for SFAS.



I didn't have my shoes. I wasn't wearing proper outfit for the audition. I wasn't sure of my steps and they were super messy. When we finished our practise, I was close to breaking down.



The next day, muscle ache. Our finale had lotsa squat movements and we did too much of those on Sunday. EVERYONE went to The Gowrie aching here and there. We couldn't practise with full actions because of the aches. But we still practised the best we could because SFAS was less than a week away.



We practised at Aqualife on Tuesday. Same thing. We couldn't do full action. BUTBUTBUT we had this fire alarm practise thingy. Waste our money lo! Julie was going high over firmen even lol. Wednesday was at Gowrie from 7-8.30pm then Riverton from 9pm-12am. Yes, it took half an hour to get from Gowrie to Riverton lol. Did I mention Frances nearly lost her way with Angeline following behind? LOL. Thursday was our very very last practise. At Riverton. We put in our very best and practised from about 9-12am++. I went late because of cell but I heard later on that the ballet didn't really pracitse till 9pm when I just arrived.



On Friday night I went to the Gowrie at around 7 to watch the YA people dance because I was supposed to follow Cherrie down to Winthrop at around 10pm. THE YA DANCE WAS SO CUTE!!!!! Haha. At around 10.15pm, we left the Gowrie and ZOOM off to Winthrop. Cherrie followed Yusuke to Karen's house first then Yusuke parked his car there and drove Cherri's car (with Cherrie, Kai Ting and I inside) to Winthrop.



The nightmare started when I reached there. So many UWA people were there!!!!! My surprise was half destroyed. I sat facing the other direction but I bet the distinct colour of my jacket gave me away. When it was our turn to go in, the jazz and hiphop people went on stage to mark stickers on their positions. In the end we found out that the ballet people didn't even need to go there. Lol.



Karen said on Thursday night that we MUST reach home by 11.15pm and sleep by 12am on Friday night but at 12am, we were still at Winthrop LOL. Andrew was in charge of chasing us out so that all of us could go home and rest. Yusuke was aso trying to chase me out but the way he hit my bag to chase me out looked as though he was trying to grab my butt!!!!! That makes it worse given that his surname already has "hamsap" in it! I'm not kidding! Lol.



In the end Zee sent me home. And I guessed Marcus Cheong's age right! He IS 22! Haha. I'm pretty good at guessing ages aye lol. I only reached home at around 12.30 and only managed to sleep at around 2am because I was just too darn excited for the next day. But guess what. Nic woke me up at 3.15am just because he couldn't get in. I felt like smacking his head I tell you.







SATURDAY 23RD OF SEPTEMBER IS SEARCH FOR A STAR BABEH!!!!! Was supposed to wake up at around 6am because Dave was going to pick me up at 7.30am. Ended up waking up at 6.15am. Heng I packed my bag the day before, before going out. Dave came at 7.35 and went to pick up Fay and another guy whose name I've clearly forgotten. Fay didn't know Dave was picking him up so he took quite some time lol. We only reached Catherine's house at 8am. The time we were supposed to reach Winthrop by. LOL.



So Dave followed Catherine's car all the way to Winthrop. On the way we saw Andrew and Frances haha. We felt better because we knew we weren't the only ones going late. =X. Once we reached there, we put down our bags and went to practise on stage. Once our practise was over, we had our mass praying with all the dancers and other performers. Ray led. Then more practises here and there and...LUNCH!



I had my BEEF HOR FUN! It was totally awesome but...super filing. George and I both couldn't finish our hor fun lo! Must've been the starch. So we rested. Some people slept in one of the rooms in the sofas. So funny lo can haha. Then we had one full dress rehearsal and OFF TO MAKE UP SESSION!!!!!



I was freaking out I tell you. I didn't know where Priscilla was and I didn't know whether I was supposed to do my make up myself or not. In the end I was assured by Yivonne that Priscilla was going to do my make up for my because we were going to have feathers at the side of our eye. Ballerinas I mean. =D.



Priscilla came to do my make up at around 4 plus. I had to run up and down from the entrance area to the changing room like so many times. Once to get liquid foundation from Adeline and another time to get liquid eye liner from Lynn. I DID have the feather at the side of my eye! I was so hyped about it! I just couldn't resist touching it all the time =P.



I freaked out again when I didn't know who was going to do my hair for me. I was running up and down searching for Cherrie but she was no where to be found and then I realised we were supposed to do another round of rehearsing to mark our positions. When I was done, Yivonne told me we were supposed to tie our hair up into a poliana. Or whatever you spell that lol.



Priscilla did my hair too! Haha I so loved it. Oh I'll upload pictures in my Flickr thing soon. Then we rested even more. I walked here and there, taking pictures with many people. BUT I've only got pictures from Yivonne. I need more pictures!!!!! =D



We managed to watch the first half of the show. During interval, Venessa, Adeline (hagau), Andrew and I went to the toilet lol. We got back in time to go backstage to warm up for our dance. The warm up took quite long (we did it during THREE items) but it felt short. Felt as though it was our turn already in a split second. I was super duper hyped.



When the ballerinas (that includes me) were still stretching at the backstage, I wished Ray and Francis good luck for their item; Collide. JON DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO LOOK AT ME LONG ENOUGH TO LET ME SAY GOOD LUCK LO! When he turned to my direction, I lifted my hands, opened my mouth in preparation to say "good luck", then he turned away =_=.



ANYWAYS, we got on the stage when Genesis and Richard went on to comment. LIGHT'S OUT! SPORT LIGHT! MUSIC ON! AND THAT WAS IT!!!!!



The whole dance felt like it was only one second! When I got off, I had the sudden urge to get on and dance again. When the hiphop was done, everyone went on stage again for our dance's finale. IT FELT AWESOME! When the thing ended, the cheer was sooooo loud I nearly went deaf! IT FELT REALLY GOOD HAVING ALL THE ATTENTION ON US WHILE WE DANCED!!!!!!!!!!



The thing just ended like that. We stayed backstage, though, in preparation for the WHOLE finale. It ended with all the performers shouting "SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!"



That was the end of SFAS. All the performers stayed behind. The FuZion DanZe people (that includes me) stayed on stage going high, taking pictures. It was so so so fun. I was jumping and running here and there taking pictures with everyone!!!!! I then went to change and OFF WE GO to Northbridge!!!!!



We ate at Saigon. All the dance people =D. Garry came over to talk to Adeline and asked why I was here. So I explained to him how I could still see the UWA people everyweek but not the dance people and that it was A DANCERS' NIGHT OUT!!!!! =D Andrew and I both had banana fritter with ice cream only. I also had a cup of Avocado milkshake.



WE MADE JESSE TRY THE DURIAN FRUIT JUICE! Haha Jesse, Zee and Andrew didn't like it. Poor Jesse had to try a few sips and give the rest to Venessa and Adeline (hagau) to finish. We hung around more until all of us have eaten then we left Saigon.



We didn't part immediately, though. We stood outside Saigon chatting here and there. Dave couldn't wait any longer I guess so he wanted to leave first. So did Isaac. Our big day jsut ended like this.



I'm still suffering from post-SFAS syndromes. HELP.



signing off~RYNETTA

No comments: