Monday 11 September 2006

WEEKEND!

I served on Saturday! Was supposed to wake up at around 11.30am but I was wide awake by around 11am. But I still managed to sleep for about 12 hours. How cool is that! Haha.



So Garry picked Nic and I up at around 1.30pm. In the car Garry was singing away so I just started looking at things passing by the car window. Like houses, streets, cars, clouds and the swan river. Then Garry suddenly asked me why I wasn't talking. I was like..."nothing to say what..". Then he asked me to sing. =_= I DIDN'T!



We reached UWA at around 2. Or maybe even before that. LOTS of people were there. So everyone got ready and..audition starts!



No, it's not those kind of really cool professional auditions. Mmm. A row of judges sit at the benches. Then Garry, Jon Chia, Charles (I think), Francis, Stanley and two other guys I've forgotten performed at the area where our worship team would worship during services. FRANCIS WILL BE SINGING! GARRY WILL BE PLAYING THE PIANO! Wooo! Hahaha. Jon Chia's playing the guitar and sing along a little here and there. Charles (I think) will be playing the acoustic guitar. Stanley's playing the bass guitar. One of the two other guys is playing the electric guitar and the last guy, drums.



Only the auditioned. And once the audition was over, the hall kinda cleared. Some of the people who performed went off for lunch. The ushers cleared up the hall. The PA people continued setting up everything. The worship team started rehearsing.



Eunice did briefing. I was gonna do door, collecting of offering bags and security. I liked doing door haha. NOT BECAUSE IT'S SIMPLE OK! Because I get to be the first to greet people and welcome them in. =) I get to smile like I've never smiled before!



Nic vacummed the floor. We folded the bulletins. At 3.50pm, we went for EduCell! I haven't been to EduCell for EONS man! At first there were some problems because the rooms weren't open so Debbie had to call the security people to open the door. EduCell only started at around 4pm I think. Sorry people!!!



EduCell was about time management I think. Not too sure. Because we, the ushers, left halfway through to get prepared and stuff. We opened the door at 4.30 ON THE DOT! Haha. It was really fun shaking people's hands and inviting them in. Really! Love the smiling part =D.



Service started. Karen chaired. Sermon was done by a speaker. He's from YA I think. His speach was darn funny man! Haha. We had double offering. The first one goes to the church as usual. The second one goes to the fund for our pastors' trip to ARGENTINA!



After service, we sang a Happy Birthday song for Dorcas =D. Her birthday was actually on Thursday but everyone pretended we forgot and celebrated it on Saturday instead haha. Dorcas also had a bouquet of flowers and a card!



Part of the ZPH "tradition", Dorcas was brought around for the ride of her life! Haha. The rest of us waited at St. Cat's common room. Then Dorcas came in! Someone tied her hair up like a small little girl lol. She really really looked like a small little girl. Even her cake was a Barbie Doll cake haha.



We had Broadway pizzas and KFC. I had one slice of Hawaiin and one slice of vegetarian and the breast meat Bijia didn't want haha. And also a slice of cake. And that was it. I was bloated for the day. Visited Lydia's room. Didn't really like the environment of St. Cats. =\. Wei Xian took a few pictures of me and May haha. Was really fun.



After the celebration, some of us went to Tea Fusion for bubble tea. Everyone was crashing. Bijia was like slacking at the other couch. Eufei, Jamie, June, Letitia and Eunice played cards at different times. I stoned here and there. Some of the Curtin people were downstairs.



We left Tea Fusion at 11++pm. Edwin, Nic and I went TimeZone. Nic played the racing car thing again. Edwin played the wrestling one. Nic also got a small cat. Edwin got the big Donald Duck. I stoned all the way. Lol. Left at around 12.15am. Got home by about 1am.



What's the fun-est part of the day? May was there! =)



signing off~RYNETTA

No comments: