Tuesday 26 December 2006

BACK!

Aight you guys have waited long and I'm back with a super long post again. Ready? Haha.



Let's start with...Saturday! I went out with Mummy. Was her model for her manicure class. She didn't do it too well because firstly she was still an amateur and secondly she was in a rush. She didn't paint my nails too well. She painted two layers already, teacher saw them, didn't like them, painted another layer on two nails so Mummy had to paint the third layer for the rest too. It was so thick it chipped the next day =_=.



Sunday. Spent the morning with Aunt Siew Keow, Uncle Andy and Samantha. It was Aunt Siew Keow's baptism.

Met the family at the first bus stop along River Valley Road. Had breakfast (dumpling kuay teow soup) with them and walked over to Kay Poh Road Baptist Church. Aunt Siew Keow had a tiff with Uncle Andy, Uncle Andy went off wanting to skip Aunt Siew Keow's baptism, Aunt Siew Keow messaged Uncle Andy and he came back.

There were a total of 10 candidates. The old man was the most touching one. He was almost disabled but he was persistant about getting baptised. I was close to tears =).

The service passed rather slowly 'cos each english sentence/phrase was repeated in cantonese. Sermon was about Luke 2:8-20. Slept for a few minutes during the sermon =X.

After the service, a friend of Aunt Siew Keow's pinched my cheeks and said I had a Superstar face (and I think she's m-a-d although I'm thankful for her compliments). Samantha followed one of Aunt Siew Keow's friend, Uncle Andy followed another, Aunt Siew Keow and I took a taxi.

When we reached Aunt Siew Keow's condo, we went up to her unit first 'cos she had to keep some presents. When we went down, her friends were already at the club house. So were Aunt Siew Khim, Uncle Alan and Grandma. I was so glad Grandma was there =).

Food was excellent. The amount I ate was equivalent to three meals lol. Totally bloated at the end of it. Played the gift game. Something like pass the parcel. A passage was read and each time "right" was mentioned, you'll have to pass the parcel to the right. Each time "left" was mentioned, you'll have to pass the parcel to the left.

Everyone got presents at the end of the game. The people who got empty boxes got hampers instead lol. Aunt Siew Khim and Uncle Alan sent me home.

Had fruits for dinner then went out again at night for countdown with Steven. We spent the night at Orchard Road. Packed like m-a-d. People spraying foam everywhere.

There was carolling outside the building beside Paragon. After the countdown, Steven and I watched Stranger Than Fiction 'cos everywhere was so packed and there was no transport. Awesome movie. Was really funny lol.

After the movie we hung around a little and then went home.



Monday. MEEEEERRY CHRISTMAS! Went for Christmas service at Christ Methodist Church (CMC). Sermon was on Luke 2:8-20 again LOL. Preached by Pastor Edmund, Steven's dad. After service, I hung around CMC a little more with Steven to wish people Merry Christmas. Then Steven walked me home.

Was dead tired in the afternoon but didn't dare sleep 'cos I was afraid I wouldn't be able to wake up in time to cook. Daddy's friend came to our house for a while at around 1pm. Which was when he invited us to his gf's birthday party. Started cooking at around 3pm. Was ready by 4.30. Started eating at 5.

Cooked ham. Was a bit too much lol. Overall was ok. I actually washed up everything. But I forgot to wash up the oven =P. Mummy cut up the remaining untouched ham and brought it to the birthday party.

At the birthday party, I saw Sebastian. Spent some time talking to him outside. Glad to see him again and to hear that he's doing fine =).

When it was time for Daddy's friend's gf and niece to cut their birthday cakeSSS, Daddy's friend suddenly pulled me in.

(In chinese)"I carried this girl since she was a baby! It's also her birthday but it's tomorrow!"

Was totally surprised. Didn't expect that to happen AT ALL. Made a very simple wish haha. Had a slice of the chocolate cake. Then Daddy, Mummy and I went home. =)

Didn't go to sleep immediately though. Waited till it was pass midnight haha. Quite a few people wished me Happy Birthday. Eng Kwan was the first on the actual day =D.



MONDAY. Which is today! My birthday! Haha nearly didn't wake up in time 'cos I forgot to set my alarm clock. Rushed here and there but I was still late meeting Sherry =P.

Met her at The Cathay's box office. By then, she'd bought the tickets already. So we went to Fish n Co. Reached Fish n Co at around 1.35. Ordered. Food came at around 1.45.


1. The fried calamaris Sherry would always order when she goes to Fish n Co.
2. The super dead-ed lemon I squashed lol.
3. The awefully huge seafood platter.
4. The candid photo Sherry took of me and the seafood platter.
5&6. The chocolates Fish n Co gave after I payed the bill (one week allowance gone just like that haha). I was expecting the mint la!

I gave the chocolates (two boxes) to Sherry 'cos I no longer eat chocolate. Or at least, seldom. We didn't manage to finish the seafood platter but we did a pretty good job 'cos only the grilled calamaris were left. THE FOOD WAS GOOOOOD AND SATISFYING.

At 2.20, we rushed back to The Cathay and were 10 minutes late for the first movie, Flyboys. Excellent movie. Real life story. Much better than Flag of Our Fathers. Not to mention the lead actor (also acting as Spiderman's friend in Spiderman) was darn cute haha.

After the movie, Sherry and I walked around. I bought a jacket from Adidas using my ang pau money =P.
The jacket was NOT cheap ok. S$129. But worth the buy 'cos the design's nice, it's a hoodie and it actually keeps me warm.

We walked around a little more, I went to the toilet (the queue was hell long), we bought popcorn and drinks and went in for our SECOND movie, Night At The Museum.

THAT MOVIE WAS HELL FUNNY. It was so good even Sherry didn't mind watching it again! Can you imagine? Sherry, the very strict movie critic, doesn't mind watching Night At The Museum again! What does that mean? IT MEANS YOU GUYS GOTTA WATCH IT. It's hellva good movie man!

After that I took bus 14 home 'cos I had a surprise waiting for me back home =).

At around 9.15, my parents and I took out THE CAKE.


I swear I look like I'm in my 20s in the photo Mummy took of me cutting my cake. Lol.



The cake was AWESOME. New design too. What I liked most about the cake? The message =). "Happy Birthday De Xin" was nothing. Really. 'Cos the moment I opened the box, "From Daddy & Mummy" caught my eyes first. Almost teared =D.

Strawberries were surprisingly sweet, mango cubes soured the hell out of my parents lol but the cake was AWESOME. 17 candles! THREE slices of cakes.

I so love my parents. I really really do. x) Smuacks!



Aight here's the shout out. I want to thank Eng Kwan, Michael, Eunice, Fang Xiang, Jesslyn, Jeremy (the one with a yello Hyundai Getz in OZland lol), Jun Yu, Sherry, Jia Hao, Germaine, Marcus (the Mr. Rubbish!), Kenneth Fam, Steven, Christine, Brandon (from Perth one), Faith, May, Mr. Chester, Kevin (from Maris), Marcus Teo, Kenneth (from Perth), Min Ru, Eu Fei, Aunt Siew Luan and Uncle Ming Guang, Aunt Siew Keow, Aunt Siew Khim and Uncle Alan, Daddy and Mummy. Especially Sherry, Daddy and Mummy. Sherry for spending the whole day with me =D. Daddy and Mummy for everything since day one of my life x).



Eh if I you've wished me Happy Birthday and I missed out your name, I'm really sorry but I thank you too haha. Thanks a whole bunch to the people mentioned above again!



Sherry you really made my day. Really x). I hope you enjoyed it today!



PS. I read about Luke 2:8-20 four times over the past 3 days. Lol. First time was Luke 2:8-14 during my quiet time. Second time was verses 8-20 at Aunt Siew Keow's baptism. Third also verses 8-20 at CMC. Fourth time verses 15-20 during my quiet time.



"My dumb dumb wants to speak." xD



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: