Thursday 4 January 2007

BLOG BLOG BLOG!

Alright I don't know if I'll have the time to blog everything since New Year's Eve but heck let's start.



On Sunday morning, Eunice drove to my house 'cos she couldn't find a parking in the church itself. Not surprised I'd say haha. So we walked to Christ Methodist Church (CMC) at around 10.25am. Reached church on the dot!

We sat with the youth ministry. Sermon was goood. Arise and shine. Overall the service was really really good. I felt God's presence all over again.

MAX THAT DOOF WAS THERE. He's finally back from Australia and Malaysia. Lol.

Eunice and I were planning to eat at Cafe Cartel but in the end, when Eunice had parked her car already, Mark, Max and Keith told her they're eating at Thai Express, just beside Cafe Cartel. So we decided to join them!

I had seafood tom yam soup with kway teow. Mark had this clayfish tom yam soup with glass noodle. His was suuuuper duper red hot lol. Max had...some rice thingy. Eunice had some fried glass noodle. Keith had clayfish claypot I think. Lol. Eunice's was the best.

I ate hell loads. After finishing mine, I could even help Eunice finish hers HAHA. When we were done, Eunice and I went to Secret Recipe (or was it Sweet Recipe?) to get a slice of cake. Eunice bought chocolate banana. Looked super duper sinful but I still shared it with Eunice when we got home. As in my home haha.

When we finished that slice of cake, it was about 2.45pm. TIME TO START BAKING!

We didn't quite mess up the kitchen. Only a bit here and there. Was totally fun!


The coconut cake looked like a HUGE lump of nonya kueh la! But it looks good nonetheless haha.


And there goes Daddy's coffee cake. Looks good eh! Hahaha.

We left my house at around 5.45pm for Mandarin Gardens. Party with one of CMC's CG. When we reached, Eunice went one whole round around Mandarin Gardens in search of a parking. When she finally parked, we realised we parked at the wrong block. So she moved again to the right block and parked. And UP WE WENT TO #22-33! Nice number right!

When we reached the unit, food was still cooking. Could smell cheeeeese. So Eunice and I sat in a corner and chatted. Didn't quite mix around. Even when the food were out, we stood in a corner. Nate kept asking us to take food. PAI SEH LA. Lol.

The food was goood. There were fish (the one with cheeese), shepherd's pei, sushi (didn't manage to eat any =( ), roasted chicken (didn't any of that either), fried rice (ALSO didn't eat that) and pasta. I loooved the fish. Shepherd's pie was good too. Pasta was spiiicy haha. Apparently there were jelly and stew also but I didn't see any. I didn't take any beer either. THERE WAS ALSO CHOCOLATE FONDUE WITH FRUITS. Absolutely loved that one.

After dinner we hung around the living room area. Played a game. Where the "monkey" would stand in front and ask us who or what he/she is. The game master will tell us his/her character or name. So the "monkey" can only ask yes/no questions, and from the clues guess who he/she is. Fun fun!

Eunice left first because she had to go Pasir Ris for a watch night service with her parents. So the rest of the time I was chatting with Nate. Uncle Neal shared for a while, we slacked around for a while more and when the time was up, we left for CMC.

Nate was going on and on about how he wanted to take a cab lol but everyone else wanted to take a bus (? They didn't realise there wasn't any bus from Mandarin Gardens). It started raining so Mel and Ron decided to take a cab too. BUT there were no cabs on the road so in the end we walked to East Coast Road and took a bus down. It was only a few stops la! Lol.

We were late. So we went to sit upstairs. Same worship team, Pastor Edmund preached and there was Holy Communion. Nate also announced his new year resolution lol. You better make it happen, Nate! Hahaha.

At midnight, everyone upstairs were walking around shaking each others' hands wishing each other Happy New Year! I shook quite a lot of people's hands and hugged some too. When service was over, we went down and mixed around with the rest.

It took them quite a while to decide where to go and then quite a while more to start walking to Uncle Neal's house. Yep, we decided to go Uncle Neal's house again for drinks and MORE FOOD.

Nate, Mel, Diana, this guy whose name I've clearly forgotten and I sat in Uncle Neal's car. Reached in just a few minutes! And we were the first! Lol.

So Uncle Neal took things out again and Nate made drinks. He made vanilla vodka mixed with sprite and lemon. Couldn't quite taste the alcohol actually =P. When we finished the drink, Nate kept making more for himself and me. His second and third cups had a stronger vodka taste. I like! Heh.

Then he poured Baileys. Which was like...only one quarter cup????? Lol. Finished it before I knew it. Then he poured another cup when Isaiah was about to leave =_=. Ya, Isaiah was supposed to send me home because no one else stayed near me other than him and Max. I wanted to gulp down the whole cup of Baileys but Nate snatched it away from me after I gulped down only a quarter. Idiot! Lol.

In the end Mark drove me home. With Max, Diana and Mel. Hah thanks Mark!

Did I also mention Nate brought down Uncle Neal's two guitars and made the whole unit sound super noisy lol.



I totally enjoyed my New Year's Eve. The best so far. Can't wait for 31/12/2007! =D



My hands feel itchy again. Might bake another cake on Saturday.



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: