Monday 14 January 2008

READY?

This is another food-flooded post. If you're not up for it, stop reading right now. Haha but you probably would have looked at the pictures already so neh-vuh-mind! I shall get going.

A gathering was organised for FOONG EUFEI on Thursday night at Chomp Chomp's but obviously he didn't turn up. I met Jeremy after work at City Hall mrt station before going down together. I was quite grumpy due to work but aiyah. I promised to join them so I should just go. The people who went included Abel, Louise, Joshua Lau, Max, Jeremy, Faith, Evangeline and I. That's all I think.

Haha yep, Joshua did this to irritate Josh Lim.

Check out the food! I loved the stingray the best. In this picture alone two people were attacking the stingray.

I would really like to know why this fried carrot cake had prawns in it.

La la! This was damn shiok too. This, and the stingray, were the only two things I ate. No appetite that night.

What's left of the stingray. Haha. It was gone damn fast.

I didn't try this. But it does look nice. Aiya actually from what I see, all those dishes looked extremely delicious.

I ordered cheng tng afterwards and was greatly disappointed with it. It tasted like plain water. And there wasn't even any attap seed. I was so unsatisfied I bought another dessert. This time, Joshua introduced me to red tea lychee.WOAH DAMN SHIOK MAN. I loved the red coloured jelly larrr! Wooo must try AH-GAIN!

A few of us wanted watch movie after that but there wasn't any late night movie on Thursdays. So Max sent me home haha. Thanks man, Max. =)



Those who wanted to watch movie on Thursday night weren't happy that their hunger for movie wasn't fed and so they organised a movie night out the next day. We watched American Gangster. I don't know if I was too tired or what but halfway through the movie I thought the movie got quite longwinded. Other than that, it was a great watch. I loved how the director managed to capture what life was like in the...60's? I think so lol. But the storyline was darn superb. Police-and-thief movie. MUCH better version, of course. =)

After the movie we chilled at Cineleisure's Hong Kong Cafe.Jeremy's "japanese rice balls with ground peanuts". What is it actually? Muah chee. Haha pity Jeremy, wasting S$3.90 for just 6 balls.

Joshua's tang yuan in sesame paste. Didn't try the tang yuan but the sesame paste wasn't very strong. Just nice for Joshua but ok-only for me haha.

My red bean ice. HAIYA why don't you just call it red bean ice kachang?!

Look at the carnation miiiiilk! It was damn good but too big. Couldn't finish. And I was freezing when I decided to stop. Max sent me home again haha. Seriously, man, thanks a lot, Max.



Had my first dinner with Daddy in 5 days on Saturday (the day I went out for supper with Max and Joshua). It was, in fact, also my first dinner in 5 days. Work had been so tiring I lose appetite by the end of it. So i didn't have dinner for 5 days.

I had hor fun. SHIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK! Especially after adding chilli. Yumness to the max.

Daddy's fried rice. Haha he was waiting for me to cannot-finish my hor fun. His fried rice was damn good as well. We bought these at a coffee shop near Eunos' hawker centre. The store we bought these from also sells crab with bee hoon and white pepper crab.



Today I went out with Daddy and Mummy. First to go return my uniform and grab my salary, then for lunch. Where? At the usual hawker centre where Daddy's friend sells hakka food. Daddy grew up with the boss of that stall.

Blue plate: wine chicken.
White plate on the left: sweet potato leaves.
Orange plate: niang tou fu.
Dark orange plate: ginger and spring onion beef.
White plate on the right: pig trotters.
Green plate: mei cai kou rou. Don't know what it's called in english but it's some kinda vegetables with pork belly.

For a moment it felt like we were eating from Sakae Sushi haha. But don't worry. This is faaaaar better than Sakae Sushi's standard.

After our lunch we moved to another corner of the hawker centre and had coffee. This coffee was quite strong. Not bad at all.

When we were done, Daddy and Mummy shopped around the area. While shopping, I wanted to take a picture of a begger but accidentally I dropped the camera lens cover and it fell all the way to ground floor (I was at second). You should have seen how Daddy and I charged down the stairs haha. I bet Daddy's heart skipped a beat man.

I managed to get the picture of the beggar in the end. Mummy went to her hair salon to get her hair done while Daddy and I continued walking around Chinatown area so that I can take more pictures. I'm super disgusted by this year's CNY theme (Mickey and Minney Mouse). Yuck. Sorry, haha, it just ain't my type.

Chinatown wasn't fully put up yet so I didn't take much pictures. No accidents anymore anyways haha. Daddy and I went home ourselves without Mummy.




Aunt Siew Khim bought me muffins from Han's again. Damn wicked I tell you! Haha. Decided to let Daddy try the chocolate and cheese muffin. I took the chocolate chip one. It's so wickedly chocolate! I'm not a big chocolate fan though. I still love fruity muffins.



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: