Wednesday 2 January 2008

BACK TO NORMAL.

Sorry for the last post. I know every blogger does this after a (few) terrible post(s) but I really mean it haha. I had a heated arguement with someone close over the same thing we've been disagreeing for a while already. It's not solved yet but we're ok now. Not telling who I argued with but it's over. Nothing big =).



Last Friday I went over to Shawn's place for steamboat. Mummy drove Wei Jun and I there. Mummy joined us too! Faith and Eunice were already there by the time we reached. And Mummy, Wei Jun and I were greated by two really adorable puppies.TADAH! OMGOSH They were seriously cute! My absolute favourite was the brown one. Name? Husky Brown. Look at the way it's siting! Damn cute! I even carried it in my arms haha and he happily just rested in my arms. Reminded me of how Jean just plonked herself comfortably between my legs. AAAAARGH I just love dogs!

I can't quite remember the white dog's name heh. Faith loved this dog to bits. There was another dog. A bigger pomenarian. Called Cookies Cream. He was hiding in the kitchen haha. That dog was one who's really really afraid of strangerse. Oh man.

We also spent some time in Shawn's room.Counting the number of fans/lights in Shawn's room.

SHAWN! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HEAD!!!!!

Haha I watched that video before. Hilarious.

Don't worry. We didn't manage to finish all. Haha!



I...cannot remember what I did on Saturday! But on Sunday I went for church service as usual at Christ Methodist Church (CMC). Lunched at Cafe Cartel with Cindi, Mel and Audrey. After lunch I went home and waited for my parents to come back. Then Daddy drove Mummy and I down to Ang Moh Kio (AMK) Hub.

My first reaction was....isn't this like Toa Payoh's mrt station? You can say so (the idea and all) but actually it's cooler ten times. BUT it's a place where you (if you stay very far from there) will only wish to go once. And for a food fanatic like me, I'd say that's not the best place for you to have breakfast/lunch/dinner.

The shops are the usual shops you get at normal neighbourhood. Even The Coffee Bean was in a miserable corner with limited chairs. AND it was so crowded and cramped Mummy and I resorted to walking outside. We also refused to have coffee inside. We ended up having bubble tea. We didn't buy them in AMK Hub's Sweet Talk! We had to buy them from the Sweet Talk alonh the shop houses outside.

To make it short, disappointed. We waited miserably for Daddy to finish his karaoke before he came to pick us up and three of us went over to Grandma's place for dinner. Dinner was absolutely superb. 'Cos Grandma cooked Bee Chai Bak. Those short stubby asian noodle. Grandma's food's just always so awesome.



Monday night was watchnight service. But before that our CG had potluck at Nelson's place. I made apricot chicken. OKAY Mummy made them haha but I can make them too! But anyways. I reached Nelson's place all too early. Not to mention everyone was gonna be late! Haha so I had a fun time watching him steam his chicken like...THREE times. Lol! Nelson's so gonna kill me after reading this.

The potluck was really great. There were deep fried tofus (Mel), chicken wings from Kembangan area (Kezia), fish nuggets and french fries (Isaac), Cantonese chicken (Nelson), deep fried fish fillets (Liting), drinks (Audrey), beehoon (Cindi and Chongwei). I hope I didn't leave anything out. But it was a great spread! We obviously couldn't finish haha. I even forgot to bring my pot of apricot chicken back!

We played Taboo after eating. But we had to wait for a while for everyone to gather around to play. So while waiting, Audrey took out her camera haha!You can see Mel's face at the back in the second picture haha! We had a great round of Tabboo before we left.

Liting drove Mel, Audrey, Kezia and I back to CMC for watch night service. But before that we drove to Mel's place so that she could change her shoes. We were a bit late for the service hehehe. But all's well! You can call me weird but I really love Holy Communion. It's like as if I'm feasting with my heavenly Daddy. And I really really enjoy it =).

It was greetings time and photos galore once the countdown and service was over.
I don't know who took that picture of my shoes haha but thanks! LOL. A huge lot of us went over to Uncle Neal's place afterwards. Kudos to the person who made the cheesecake and the lemonish thingy. They were awesome to the max. Especially the lemony thing.

I left early (also not very early since it was already 2am plus by then). Maeyan's sister gave me a ride back. Thankew! I didn't join them for games 'cos I don't play Wii and I didn't want to play Pictionary.



New years day itself! Went out for lunch with my parents. Daddy initially wanted to bring us to Thai Village for shark's fin. But I've made my strong decision on not touching shark's fin ever again. So when we reached Kallang's leisure park, Daddy saw another restaurant. So. IN WE WENT!

The towering parents. *peep*

Complimentary drink! I suspect it's just mango+orange juice but it's nice lar.

Wintermelon soaked in orange sauce. It has a very...weird, unique yet nice taste.

I found their chopsticks really cool.

PEKING DUCK! WOAH! I'VE BEEN CRAVING FOR THIS SINCE I WAS SEC 1 OK! TSK!

Sweet and sour pork.

Some soup. I could taste chicken stock in it. And mushroom. Obviously! Lol!

Remaining peking duck that didn't go into the pancake thingy.

Crispy chicken!

If you were wondering what happened to the duck meat from the peking duck, this is where it went. Yum!

Obviously they didn't serve just one stalk of vegetable. Haha the other two were taken by Mummy and me.

I found the way they displayed their tables really cool. Especially the round thing they tie their napkins with.

What I always do when waiting for food with my parents. Haha the second pic would've been perfect if not for Daddy's spastic mouth. LOL!

Noodles!

Mummy thinks shooting her from the bottom makes her look fat. I thought not. It made her look grand.

To make her happy haha.

My best picture of Daddy and Mummy.

Red bean tart with pistachio ice cream.

Souffle! It was called shu-bu-li in chinese. I was like. WHAT?!


Was very fascinated about the thing they "drew". Haha. That ended my afternoon. OH no wait. I also bought pearly soya milk from Mr. Bean. Truth to be told, their pearls were awesome. At first I was bewildered by the fact that they charge an extra 80 cents for double pearls but after trying them I found it worth it. Especially when their double pearls were almost like half the cup. Their pearls are compatible with EasyWay's.



Did some cleaning up of cabinets today. Clears two whole bags of clothes. Not forgetting the size 27-28 jeans I used to wear. Haha memories. I can barely fit in them anymore. Too big! And while cleaning up, I got a free LV bag. ORIGINAL AND SYMMETRICAL! I also got real pearl necklaces.

Apparently the LV bag was given to Mummy by one of her friends/relatives but she's never used it for at least 18 years 'cos I've enver seen her use it. In fact she also has another one she wanted to give me but I didn't like the other one.

Oh wells! Tomorrow dinner with Perthians again. Saturday's Winston's birthday party. Anymore? SHERRY LOVE I WANNA MEET UP WITH YOU! AND NANCY YOU TOO! Anyone else? OH AND LYNDON! And Yiqing! Really sorry I got quite busy. We'll go zoo one day confirm ok! =)



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: