Friday 25 January 2008

AND AGAIN!

Now to continue from last Saturday haha. Actually my weekend wasn't anything special. Just the usual. Had CG at 6.30pm at Simon's place. DANDY WAS SO SMAAAAALL! When I stood at Simon's door step Dandy stood riiiiight in front of me and barked non-stop. I looked at Dandy thinking, "are you gonna let me in?"

Eventually I went in la of course lol and Dandy seemed to enjoy me scratching his tummy. It's like when I first started scratching his chest, he just flopped onto his back and I scratched his tummy. So cute!

Anyways. There was a huge lot of stuff to read for CG that day (and I only found out when CG started) and I only skimped through the passages to roughly know what the people were talking about. All of us even snacked through CG. Funny how Dandy tried joining us for the snacks.

CG ended around...what? 9 I think? I so cannot remember. But all of us, minus Celeste, went down to the Lagoon for dinner/supper. Some had bak chor mee, some had char siew noodles and MORE. I myself had wanton kuay teow. Not bad! I dare say that place is much better than Food Republic.

When everyone left, Jonathan, Simon, Nelson and I walked back to Simon's place whiel Nelson and I continued walking to the bus stop. Nelson sent me all the way home. Not to the door step but till I was safe. Heh thanks Nelson!



Sunday was church and family day. Went to church as usual. Had Holy Communion (I shan't repeat how I always enjoy Holy Communion). After church, Melissa, Kezia, Stacey, Simon, Nelson and I went to this coffee shop right beside Siglap Centre (if you minus the small little canal) for lunch. I had fan choy, kong ba bao and yam paste with ginko nuts. Yummm! Kezia had yong tao fu, the rest had some noodles thingy I cannot remember.

After lunch I went over to Siglap Centre to ask the photo developer how long they take to develop a roll of film. "Four days." CAN YOU BELIEVE?! F-O-U-R DAYS?! RIDICULOUS TO THE MAX! I ended up joining Stacey, Simon and Nelson at the bus stop opposite 7-11. We all took bus 14. Stacey went home, Nelson and I went Parkway, Simon to the Museum.

So I went to the photo developer at Parkway's basement (the blue one, not the green one) and asked how long they take. 1.5 hours. HOURS! NOT DAYS! Omgosh. So I left my roll of film there for them to develop.

Nelson and I walked up and down Parkway in search for the DVDs he's looking for. Japanese dramas. We found a few but couldn't find the remaining one he wanted. We even walked over to Popular where I ended up getting stuck in Mavis Tutorial Centre. Heh.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Mavis Tutorial Centre situated just opposite Marine Parade's NTUC. It's so convenient now! After telling Nelson to roam around Popular himself first, I went in and tried waiting for teachers. In the end I only managed to catch up with Mr Fadhil. WHERE ARE YOU MR KALAI?! And Mr Ng only came at 4pm so I decided not to wait. Felt damn bad making Nelson wait with me =\.

Nelson went off first, though. He went back to Border's at Parkway. At 3.30pm I went back to collect my photos and find Nelson. YAYYYYY MY PHOTOS! They didn't develop my photos well enough, though. I believe they were approaching the last few stages of processing with their chemicals before they change a new batch of chemicals. It's just like coffee. After a few cups your drinks get more diluted. Don't know if you get my point but nevermind.

I went to take bus 13 down to Grandma's place while Nelson took another bus from another bus stop home. Bus ride was damn long 'cos of them jam but I managed to reach Grandma's place safe and guess what! Grandma made kung ba bao too! She reads my mind!

Dinner was damn shiok. Terriyaki beef patti with the kung ba bao's bun was damn shiok as well. After dinner and after a few chatting around, Daddy and Mummy drove me to Ang Mo Kio MRT station so that I could take an MRT down to Bugis to meet my colleagues from Terra. AGAIN! =D In the end I met them at City Hall lol.

We bought tickets for Le Grand Chef! Yay! I had to hold the tickets for them =_=. Now I have all three stubs! Wahaha!

The guys had dinner before the movie. I didn't eat with them 'cos obviously I already had my dinner at Grandma's place. And the moment I took out my camera, their instant reaction wasLol! Quite expected.

Movie was AWESOME! OOOOOH MY DID YOU SEE HOW THE GUY CHOPPED HIS STUFF?! SO FAST!!!!! HIS FOOD ALL LOOK SO DELICIOUS! NOT TO MENTION HE'S SO CUTE ESPECIALLY WHEN HE HAD SUCH LOW CONFIDENCE! Good thing he won the title. Kinda expected but HEY. I love watching food shows. ^^

After the movie I was forced into a game of bowling. I didn't want to play at first 'cos I didn't want to buy another pair of socks just for bowling. They offered to buy for me but I don't want to waste their money! But tsk. They still made me play.

I was the lousiest as usual, no surprises haha but after the game we walked around and ended up near the Merlion.

I've always wanted to take a picture of the millions and millions of cranes at the Integrated Resort construction site but never had the chance to and that night I did! But I didn't bring my Olympus out =_=. Smart. But my Canon Ixus 50 did a great job as well!Beautiful night shots hey! We hung around for quite some time before I took a cab back. Sie How and Hong Yong accompanied me. Afterwhich they went to play LAN together till like. 8am.



Monday I went out with Jason, Sie How and Hong Yong. It was an again for Sie How and Hong Yong. Lol. But I met up with Jason first because the other two lazy bums couldn't wake up! Not surprising.

Jason and I went to Suki Sushi at Cineleisure for lunch. I tell you. That place. SUCKS. Limited sushi varieties, the belt we sat at was EVEN MORE LIMITED. Their sushis were only o-k. Their ramen was C-R-A-P. I felt so bad bringing Jason there for lunch la ok! Should've brought him to Sakae Sushi over at Heerens. Not saying Sakae's very good (Sushi Tei's better) but it's still MUCH better than Suki Sushi. Wtheck.

We lunched for about an hour and it was already 4pm plus by the time we left and meet up with Sie How and Hong Yong. Those two have not eaten so we ended up at Balcony. Just because I jokingly said I felt like drinking. Hur.

I was quite upset how Balcony insisted everyone had to order something. Sie How ordered pizza (and shared with Hong Yong), Hong Yong ordered white chocolate martini (Sie How ended up drinking it), I ordered lychee martini and Jason ordered peach tea.

I don't know how the pizza went but I thought the white chocolate martini was kinda sweet. And Sie How and Hong Yong found TWO ants in that cap. My lychee martini was ok. Found some fabric in my cup.

To make things short, I'm not going back to Balcony ever again. Did I mention they nearly charged us one cup extra? And when we told them so they only returned us the cost price of that extra cup without the GST and sur charges and what nots. We had to remind them about the extra charges. Lousy.

The four of us walked all the way down to Plaza Singapura and took a bus down to Chinatown. But before that we stopped by a dessert stall for dessert. Hong Yong had peanut paste, Sie How had glutinous rice balls in ginger soup (Mummy's ginger soup looks more appetizing), Jason had some sugar cane thingy and I had some white fungus and papaya soup. Not bad!

After our desserts we walked over to Chinatown itself. THE SHOPS ARE OPEN! YAY! The boys kept pulling me to the front/middle lol. Bodyguards! Four! Hehe.

Ka Fei managed to knock off at 8.30pm and come down to meet us so we went back to City Hall to meet him. We walked over to City Link for dinner 'cos Ka Fei had not eaten. Where did we go? The Asian Kitchen for xiao long bao!

We ordered 6 xiao long baos, I had suan la mian, Sie How had dan dan mian, Jason had zha jiang mian (and kept exchanging with Sie How back and forth 'cos he found his too spicy lol), Hong Yong had beef brisket noodles, Ka Fei had pork chop fried rice and we ordered another 5 red bean paste steam dumplings. SHIOK!

After dinner, guess what. THEY WENT TO PLAY BOWLING AGAAAIIIN! I didn't play. I totally refused to waste any more money on socks. Not mine. Not theirs. So the boys played and I watched. Haha. When they were done, Jason, Hong Yong and I took a bus back to Bugis. From there I took a cab back. I should have just taken a cab back from Marina Square. Tsk.



TUESDAY! Out with Grandma, Aunt Siew Luan, Aunt Siew Khim and Mummy! We were supposed to meet at Din Tai Fun at Raffles City at 11.15am but Mummy and I were super duper early so we walked around the still very closed City Link Mall. I guess I have this super weird affinity with City Link Mall huh.

Time was almost up and I've showed Mummy the dress I've been eyeing on for months so both of us walked back to Raffles City and bumped into Aunt Siew Luan and Grandma first. So four of us went into Din Tai Fung first, waiting for Aunt Siew Khim to reach.

When all were present, we ordered. 6 xiao long baos (again!), Aunt Siew Luan had zha jiang mian, Aunt Siew Khim had beef brisket noodles, Grandma had noodles with chicken soup separate, Mummy had mushroom and pork noodles, I had noodles with plain sauce (I added so much chilli it felt like heaven!) and also another 5 yam paste xiao long bao. SSSHHHIIIOOOKKK!!!!!!!!!

After lunch we went over to the Birkenstock shop. Motive? To try shoe sizes, see what designs we like and buy them online! Smart right? What for pay extra S$30++ just because they're displayed in a nice little shop. Buy online, cheaper and free shipping if bought in bulk.

Everyone got a pair they liked in mind so we left the store without purchasing any. Haha felt quite bad 'cos the sales girls helped us quite a bit. But anyways! We stopped over at Gloria Jean'sfor COFFAYE!

Aunt Siew Luan had a small hot chocolate, Grandma and Mummy each had small cappucinos, Aunt Siew Khim had regular cappucino and me? What else? Green tea chiller!The joy in Grandma's eyes is just priceless. She rarely smiles like this. Not 'cos she's not happy or whatsoever but 'cos she really enjoys being out with us.

We separated at around 3pm. Aunt Siew Luan left with Grandma, Aunt Siew Khim left for work, Mummy and I went back to City Link to check out the dress. The salesgirl kept pushing other clothes into my hands but I just wanted THAT dress. Mummy thought it looked good too (ideal for winter) so she got it for me. Hehehe.

Mummy and I then took bus 14 back home (We saw the aftermath of a car-motorcycle accident. Tsktsktsk.), got changed, and out we went again for dinner with Daddy and his friends at Chinatown area. I brought Daddy's olympus along too!

Dinner was awesome. Lou yu sang, shark's fin soup (didn't touch), roasted salty chicken, vegetables with mushrooms, fish, chestnut paste and a few more I cannot remember! I only remember myself taking the whole fish head (my first time and I never thought it'd be that great!) and two bowls of chestnut paste (my uncle, Daddy's cousin, didn't want his). Mummy had two bowls of chestnut paste as well 'cos Daddy himself didn't want his either. Overall? Two thumbs up!

After dinner, I made Daddy help me load a new film into his olympus 'cos we were gonna go Chinatown. Took a few good shots. Mummy looking at ying lius, Daddy posing with some CNY stuff. Daddy's picture was nice 'cos there was a whole row of lanterns at the background. It was situated at a place whereby if you miss it you'll just miss it totally.

Also took some shots of some stalls. We roamed around so long all the stalls started closing already. I reluctantly left for home with my parents.



Wednesday night was spent with Jeremy Low. Met him at Plaza Singapura for movie. We decided to watch 3:10 to Yuma 'cos that movie had one of my favourite actors, Russell Crowe! We went to buy tickets and then had dinner at Yoshinoya.

I had beef bowl (I always order that when I'm there!) while Jeremy had beef and terriyaki chicken rice. I super wanted to try their noodles (new on menu) but they only serve the noodles from 2.30-5.30pm! TSK!

After dinner, we walked around a little before going up for our movie. Jeremy bought a packet of peanut butter biscuit sandwich and smuggled it into the movies. Ha! I got popcorns. I should've just taken salted. Argh.

Movie was AWESOME! It left me in suspense throughout la! Russell Crowe was so hawt! It was a movie with a simple goal but with many interesting twists. Oh and William (was it William?) was damn cute too. Heh. Okok the movie was good, other than the looks of some actors.

After the movie I managed to catch the last bus 14 (thanks, Jeremy, for waiting with me) home. But I chickened out when I got off the bus and my parents came out to walk me in. Hehe. You don't have to tell me. I know I have really great parents who can sacrifice almost anything just for me. I know, I'm counting my blessings and thanking God for that.



Thursday? Whole day at home. Except at night where I went NTUC with Mummy to buy baking stuff for CNY. AND ICE CREAM! YEAH YEAH YEAH! It runs in the genes. Grandma, my Aunts and Mummy all love ice cream. So do I.



FRIDAY! TODAY! Reached Orchard at around 11pm for lunch. Went to Taka basement's food hall for baked rice. Since I was already at Orchard, I'm gonna go back there for good stuff again. Name of the stall? Ambush. Interesting hey! It's all the way inside (if you count the stage area at the exit as outside), beside the german sausages stall.

Small little stall with red seats. I sat at the seats facing the small little kitchen. My future house's kitchen's gotta be BIGGER! At least 3 times. Serious.

My baked rice came!I have the habit of mixing everything up haha. I don't care whether or not that's the right way to eat baked rice but I enjoy mine that way. =)

After lunch I walked around Taka a little and was quite giddy at certain point of times (I was having my headache for the third day already but it was slowly subsiding) so I sat down a few times before Daddy and Mummy finally came to Taka. We walked around the CNY fair at the stage area and tried a few cookie samples. *puts on kiddish tone* Mummy make one nicer!

Haha okok. We shopped around Taka for a while because my parents were in search of CNY clothes. I still have nothing in mind, actually. Gonna keep walking around till something strikes my attention.

Parents and I saw nothing we liked so we walked over to Lucky Plaza to ask for camera prices. All their services sucked and their prices were damn ridiculous. So after asking around 10 shops we went over to Paragon's Metro to look at clothes again.

Mummy tried on two tops and a pants which she already knew she was gonna get. She ended up with the one she looked better in, duh, haha. Not revealing yet. I love CNY periods! What we're gonna wear is always gonna be a mystery to others till the very day itself! All because we're scared of copycats.

Daddy bought himself a belt and two buckles. Mummy and I spent like 10-15 minutes choosing the nicer buckles for him lol. While they paid for their stuff I went out and took some photos of Paragon's CNY decorations with the olympus camera.

When we were done, we walked all the way down to the building just before Orchard Emarald (before Centre Point), right behind the bus stop to check out the shop that priced the Canon 400D at S$930. But when we asked for the price again, they said it was S$1020!!!!!!!!!! My heart just shattered right at that moment. But the salesman still dragged the three of us into the shop.

After almost an hour of explaining and choosing and recommending and bargaining,

THE CAMERA IS MINE! OMGOSH OMGOSH OMGOSH! LtoR: basic 18-55mm lens that came with the kit, adaptor ring for the wide angle lens, the 400D itself attached to the SIGMA 28-300mm f3.5-6.3 DG MACRO lens and the wide angle lens.

Mummy and I were both super shocked when Daddy decided to let me get all that stuff! We only paid for the body, basic lens, SIGMA lens and wide angle lens. The adaptor ring, UV protectors for the three lenses, memory card, monopod, case and screen protector all came FREE! Not telling how much they all cost in total but I can guarantee it was a damn good price.

I'm gonna take better shots now man. Salesman said long investment for a professional. HAHA no. This is another thing that ran in Daddy's genes, passed down to me. Interest in photography. Love love!

We left Orchard at around 4pm and reached home at around 5pm. Charged my 400D's battery (still charging), washed up a little, and left for dinner with my Godfather (non-Christian) and two others at Geylang area.

Dinner was not bad. We ordered hokkien mee (it was black!), kang kong, ma po tou fu (not so good), pork ribs, kung ba bao (Grandma's one MUCH nicer) and fried shrimp rolls. We later ordered another bowl of mian sian. Their mian sian was not bad as well but I've got to say the same thing with the same level of honesty. Grandma's one MUCH nicer.

But overall ok la. Better than 5 Star Chicken Rice. Not comparing the chicken but the other dishes they serve. And the restaurant's name's Quan Xin I think. Quan is the mineral water Quan. Xin is my name Xin.

After dinner, we all headed home. And here I am blogging this. Camera battery's still charging! Will be done in 30 minutes' time. So critics for now!



Restaurant: Coffeeshop beside Siglap Centre
Location:
Beverages:
Normal drinks coffeeshops serve.
Appetizers: Dim sum at drinks stall.
Entree: Yong tau fu, roasted meat, noodles.
Dessert:
Other:
Atmosphere:
Coffeeshop atmosphere.
Service: Coffeeshope service.
Notes: Heard the yong tau fu is not bad. Their dim sum is the average types you get at all coffeeshops. But the service at the dim sum/drink stall was good.
Overall Rating: 6/10. No harm trying.


Restaurant: Suki Sushi
Location: Cineleisure box office level. Probably more throughout Singapore.
Beverages: Limited. Soft drinks and green tea (iced/hot).
Appetizers: Sushis and sashimis and such. Not very fresh. Not very appetizing.
Entree: Ramen was CRAP.
Dessert: Was there dessert?
Other:
Atmosphere:
Average Japanese restaurant atmosphere but one level lower.
Service: Not very good.
Notes: Sit at the belt attached to the wall. The one in the middle was bloody limited.
Overall Rating: 4/10. DON'T EVER STEP IN THERE.


Restaurant: Balcony
Location:
Outside of Heerens.
Beverages: Mainly alcoholics. Mocktails and teas and coffees and soft drinks served as well.
Appetizers: Probably the usual like chips and calamaris and those sort.
Entree: Pizza, pasta and so on.
Dessert:
Other:

Atmosphere: Not bad. Quite cooling despite being semi-outdoors. There were swings used as chairs.
Service: LOUSY.
Notes: Be prepared to be forced to order. Everyone has to at least order something. Rubbish policy. Cups not clean.
Overall Rating: 5/10. I'm not going there again but it's worth trying only once for the feel.


Restaurant: The Asian Kitchen
Location:
City Link Mall. Probably more throughout Singapore.
Beverages: Quite a variety.
Appetizers: Xiao long baos and other dim sum dishes.
Entree: Noodles, fried rice and so on.
Dessert: Red bean xiao long bao, mango pudding and a few more.
Other:
Atmosphere: Not bad. Comfortable, lights dimed appropriately.
Service: Not bad.
Notes: Their dan dan mian was a bit weird. Xiao long bao's skin was a little too thick. Can't beat Din Tai Fung that's for sure.
Overall Rating: 7/10. Not bad!


Restaurant: Din Tai Fung
Location: Raffles City, Bishan Junction 8 and a few other shopping centres.
Beverages: Never checked.
Appetizers: Xiao long baos, other dim sum dishes, pork chops, pork pancake, and many more! Wide variety!
Entree: Noodles and fried rice.
Dessert: Yam/red bean paste xiao long bao, mango pudding and something else. Pretty limited.
Other:
Atmosphere: Not bad. Typical chinese restaurant. Not too high class, but of certain standard.
Service: Not bad.
Notes:
Overall Rating: 8.5/10. MUST TRY!


Restaurant: Gloria Jean's
Location: Outiside Cineleisure. Marina Square. Raffles City. Takashimaya. Vivocity. Probably a few more.
Beverages: Mainly coffee, hot or iced or ice blended. They serve smoothies as well.
Appetizers: Cookies.
Entree: Savoury pies.
Dessert: WIDE variety of cakes, scones, and whatnots!
Other:
Atmosphere: Typical Starbucks/Coffeebean atmosphere.
Service: Depends.
Notes: Try their green tea chiller! MUST! And if ordering hot drinks, request for your drinks to be extra hot. They don't always serve the drinks hot enough. And I heard some of their cakes are flown in specially from Australia!
Overall Rating: 8/10. MUST TRY FOR COFFEE LOVERS!


Restaurant: Yong Chun Yuan
Location: Chinatown area, probably more throughout Singapore.
Beverages:
Appetizers:
Entree:
Dessert:
Other:

Atmosphere: High class dining. Comfortable. You get to choose which kinda rooms you want (IF you want rooms).
Service: Not bad. Quite friendly.
Notes: I only had the set meal hence all the blanks but they were really good.
Overall Rating: 8/10. Worth trying for CNY get together.


Restaurant: Yoshinoya
Location: Most shopping centres.
Beverages: Soft drinks, juices. Limited.
Appetizers: Mostly deep fried stuff. Boo. There's salad too.
Entree: Mainly rice. Beef bowl highly recommended.
Dessert: Some jelly thingy. Super limited.
Other:
Atmosphere: Average fastfood chain atmosphere.
Service: Depends. Most of the time quite terrible.
Notes:
Overall Rating:
6/10. Beef bowl!


Restaurant: Ambush barra della pasta
Location: Takashimaya S.C. #B204-2-1
Beverages: Didn't check.
Appetizers: Soup and a few others.
Entree: Pasta, baked rice/risotto and paella.
Dessert: Didn't check.
Other:
Atmosphere: Clean, bright, tight but still comfortable.
Service: Good!
Notes: I purposely went back there for their baked rice/risotto so you get what I mean. It's even better than NYDC's and Terra Cafe's. Probably better than Pastamania's and Swensen's!
Overall Rating: 9/10. DIE DIE MUST TRY!


Restaurant: Quan Xin
Location: Geylang area.
Beverages: Tea, probably soft drinks. limited.
Appetizers:
Entree:
Normal chinese dishes.
Dessert: Didn't check.
Other:
Atmosphere:
Quite run down but passable.
Service: Not very good.
Notes: Try their mee sua.
Overall Rating: 6.5/10. Ok la. Can try.



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: