Wednesday 9 January 2008

DAY 2.

12noon - 8pm this time. Was late for about 20 minutes 'cos of the RAIN. But then again I shortened my lunch break from 60 minutes to 30 minutes. And I unknowingly knocked off late 'cos of the monstrous crowd.

Anyways, I think Sie How's gonna make the you-want-any-cold-drinks-off-the-menu trick a constant thing already. Today he asked again and was quite shocked when I asked for sesame shake. He thought people like me wouldn't like that kinda drinks. SAYS WHO! And he's also surprised at the fact that I could recognise most of the dishes (uh-huh, I love food).

I'm honest I'm not exaggerating but the sesame shake was a BLAST. The sesame taste was so strong it blew me away when I took my first sip. It's made with vanilla ice cream too. Woah I tell you it's daaamn good. Unlike most sesame flavoured ice creams out there. Their sesame taste is damn weak. I don't like.

I had lasagne for staff lunch today (At what? 4.20pm??). Again, I'm not sucking up or exaggerating but I really loved the lasagne too. If you've known me well enough I rarely get lasagne 'cos I'm more of a cream person. But what I liked about this lasagne was it's slightly stronger herb taste. It's not too strong and not too light. Just right.

I got scolded slightly by Aunty Jen (did I get her name right?) this evening because I wasn't focus enough (according to her). Reason being I didn't respond fast enough to customers and kitchen calling and cashier and drinks and blah blah blah. Ok let me tell you what I fear during work.
1) Scooping ice cream. It may sound easy but it is NOT. I got sore arms just 'cos of that and I scoop damn slowly. I don't exactly fear it but I dislike it. Not forgetting to mention how my left fingers gets all numb after scooping.
2) Using the tray. It can get quite heavy (for my size la huh) and I always fear the tray falling over.
3) Customers calling me for orders. I haven't mastered the art of ordering. So everytime customers call me for orders, I have to refer them to someone with the art of orderng.
4) Aunty Jen herself, and Mr See (or Sea? Or Si?). They are DAMN strict. No messy hair, no leaning on the bar counter, be more focus, faster, faster, FASTER! Scary ok! I'm someone who gets upset with herself when other people are not happy with her performance.

Anyways, it was so crowded and busy at around 8pm that I didn't even realise it was time for me to knock off until Sie How asked if I realised I'm already extending my time. I didn't knock off still because it was just too busy. But I was still a bit worried because I was supposed to meet Jeremy at 8pm. So Jeremy came to my rescue at around 8.20pm, asking his Aunt (Aunty Jen) if I could go already. He got Aunty Jen's permission for me and I escaped. Edwin even asked if Jeremy was my boyfriend. NO!

Did I mention Edwin asked if I had a boyfriend in Australia and when he found out I don't he said how is that possible when I'm so cute (ya right). He said, "you so cute, no one want you I woo you la!" I of course said NO! Lol. And Sue told Sie How to tell me I'm very cute yesterday. Omgosh someone please tell me I'm not cute!

Anyways, I managed to escape at 8.20 and I made Jeremy follow me to the basement 'cos I wanted to try kimchi rice sticks from a korean stall. It was damn good la! And the person told me I was really lucky 'cos it was the last of the last already haha. I've been dying to try that ever sicne in Perth! Yum yum yum!

Jeremy tried some....glutinous rice with chicken and chilli wrapped in pandan leaves at a cafe beside Delifrance in Bugis of course. He said it was nice haha. And we walked over to Funan with huge disappointment because the Christian bookstore didn't have the book we wanted.

Jeremy wanted dinner so we walked back to Raffles City. Ended up at....GLORIA JEANS! Wahaha. That's my iced coffee, by the way. And I just realised I forgot to use my Gloria Jeans card. What the crap. But ya. The white cup behind mine isn't Jeremy's drink. It's part of what's uncleared at the table we sat at. Jeremy didn't get any drink. He only gotMrs Mac's beef pieeeee.


It's funny seeing him eat his pie with a knife and spoon ('cos they ran out of forks??) I took a picture of it. He tried to spoil the picture with his knife haha nice try, Jeremy, but you failed.

We walked around MPH for a while and I was so tired I just sat down on the floor while Jeremy tried looking for the book we needed. Funny how we got distracted by other books and toys. We then took our train back.

AND GUESS WHO I SAW AT CITY HALL MRT STATION! VENASSA! I didn't spell her name wrongly. That's her name haha. It was a huge surprise for me man. Haven't seen her in 6 months! It was a good time catching up with her in the train haha. Oh man. I miss dancing with her. And she made the right choice; studying in Curtin's Singapore branch. Tsk! I wish I could do that to huh! I'll consider!



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: