Monday 7 January 2008

EQUALITY.

So...I've started work today. 10am - 8pm. How does it feel? The jeans were torturing (you gotta realise I normally only wear jeans during winter in Australia) and so were the long hours of standing. I don't have much to complain about the latter because that's what waiters and waitresses are made to do.

What I love about this place is that they treat me just like others. Unlike at J K Don, these people make me run up and down and got really comfortable with me within hours. What about J K Don? I refused to let the people know at first that I was the boss' niece. And when they found out, they only made me do the basics and pampered me like as though I'm some pig.

Not that I'm closely related to the boss at Terra Cafe (Jeremy Low's Aunt) but still. You get what I mean. I dislike getting special treatment just because I'm so-and-so's who's who. I'm still human and I'm still out to work. And being out there to work means pain is inevitable. What's the point of working for experience if you're gonna get special treatment anyways.

I've so far learnt how to open the place, memorised the table numbers (in only a few minutes!), clear the tables, bring the menus, bring out the dishes blah blah blah. Really funny how Edwin was super tempted to knock my head when I did something wrong hahaha. He actually did knock my head lightly a few times. Sie How will be somewhere laughing away.

Staff meal was DAMN SHIOK LA. Anything besides the expensive stuff like sirloin steak, rib eye steak, lamb rack and something I forgot. My lunch today was chicken baked rice. WOOOAAAH SHIOK! Jeremy was so damn right! Competable with the one at Taka's basement food court.

After lunch Sie How constantly asked if I wanted anything to drink. And me being me, with the habit of not drinking much liquid outside (I do not like rushing to the toilet halfway), refused. By 6pm Sie How asked me to pick a drink on the drinks menu and he'll make it for me. I chose green tea shake (why is that not a surprise!) and Sie How just couldn't understand why so many people love green tea shake. Lol!

GUESS WHAT! The green tea milkshake was a definite BOMB. It's made with green tea powder and vanilla ice cream. Probably because the vanilla ice cream was used instead of milk, there was a twist in the taste. Woah I super love love love it! Also competable with Gloria Jean's green tea chiller with skimmed milk!

When Sie How saw how I gulped down that glass of green tea shake within seconds (minus the times I stood outside to check out the customers) he just went, "Ooooh. Now I know. Cold drinks are the trick." In chinese, of course. Haha. Crap he found out.

Oh and did I mention how Sie How and Edwin ran towards two customers at the same time from different directions? IT WAS SUPER HILARIOUS! And and how one of the chefs asked me into the kitchen to bring the dishes out (for the first time today) and went, "Come, come, don't paiseh!" And when Sue went in he air-kicked her and added, "You go out! Go away!" HAHAHA!

I left at 8pm. Tried Jollibean's soya milk with pearls. Mr. Bean's pearls were still better. Tomorrow I'm gonna go try the korean kim chi rice sticks when I knock off at 8pm. WOOO SHIOK! Oh and I eyed on some things I want while walking around Bugis during my lunch break (which I immediately regretted doing so 'cos now my feet hurt like CRAP). They will be included in my wishlist. Look forward to it! ^^



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: