Thursday 6 December 2007

PICTURES!

Ok, here you go!

BUT before you start, take note. This post might make you really hungry!

Ok! Let's STAAAAART!

Parents and I reached a hotel (Copthorn or something) at around 7.30-8. Daddy went to park the car somewhere while Mummy and I went to redeem our tickets. When Daddy got back to the hotel, we went to the hotel's lounge and had coffee and cake!

Boarded the bus and left at around 9am. There was lunch on board as well.[1] The pond outside the lounge.
[2&3] Our coffee and cakes.
[4,6] Tuna bun and some mini danish from Delifrance, served on board.
[5] Wet tissue!

We reached KL at around 2.30-3pm and I was greeted by this magnificent looking building.

Don't know what that building's called or what purpose it serves but anyways. Here are the pictures.

Daddy's friend (Uncle Neo), his wife (Auntie Annie) and two daughters (Yan Qing and Jia Xin) picked us up and immediately we scooted off to KLCC! Missing Ah Bao only. Uncle Neo's second daughter.

We had our second lunch at KLCC's food court (I was uber disappointed with the food hence no picture taken) before we headed down to the Batik Fair at their show ground.[1] View of KLCC from the showground.
[2&4] The gauge where wax flows through. That man was making gauges within seconds. Woo! And who's gonna buy them within seconds?
[3] Other equipments used for making batik. You can't actually see them here heh sorry.
[5] Two ladies working on their "modern" batik.
[Un-numbered picutre] The golden-copper coloured things in the middle are what make the "modern" prints on the batik clothes. The results are definitely far from the original wax prints.

After walking around for a while (I bought a pair of Birkenstock for RM299, Daddy bought a belt, both from Isetan.), we drove down to the biggest Jusco shopping centre (or so they say). Had some herbal jelly upon arrival.Those 18 bottles of herbs you see on the walls are part of the ingredients used to make the herbal jelly I ate. It was uber bitter! But shiok as well =).

Shopped around the shops outside Jusco for another few hours and had dinner at The Black Canyon (is there also another The Black Canyon in Singapore?)[1] Daddy on the left and Uncle Neo! Sorry ar. Pic a bit small 'cos I shrunk it.
[2] Some mango salad. A little spicy to my liking =).
[3] Spring rolls! Woaaaaah their chilli sauce was bagus!
[4] Some fried...thing. Haha. It uses the same chilli sauce.
[5] Uncle Neo and Auntie Annie. Sorry again for the size of the picture.
[6] My green tea ice blended! Tell you a secret. It's actually not THAT nice. Gloria Jean's and Icey Ice's green tea chillers are both a hundred times (or more) better.
[7] Mummy's...I don't know what rice. Haha I only took that picture 'cos of the shape of the rice.
[8] My fried kuey teow in thick sauce. The sauce was soury. Added green chilli and woooo heaven!
[9] We also shared a big bowl of tom yum.
[10] The chilli I added in my kuey teow. Small and fiersome!

We then shopped around Jusco. It's just like another Giant lar. Not much of a big deal, really. Managed to get some snacks that are not seen in Singapore. Like kit kat balls and chocolate coated coffee beans. AND ANDchewing gums! Special flavours! Yum! Haha we shopped till Jusco was closing. Lol shiok!

Next morning, we had bak kut teh.[1,3,4] You had to make your own tea! It's really traditional. I like!
[2] The soya sauce on the small chilli was thick soya sauce. Special eh!
[5] Presenting to you, bak kut teh!
[6] I love my you tiao really soaked through and soggy =).
[7] Yam rice. By far the best rice I've eaten. I finished that whole plate on my own! Surprise surprise!
[8] Shark's meat. Only ate one piece, found out it's shark's meat, and never touched that dish ever again.
[9] One whole tub of fried shallots!

We then headed down to three shopping centres. Ikea, Ikano and One Utama. Shopped quite a bit. Especially at Ikea. I was so damn tempted to get the dancing metal figurine. Too expensive. =(

Had lunch at a restaurant called Long De Chuan Ren. We had...XIAO LONG BAO!!!!![1] My lemon barley drink.
[2] Xiao Long Bao!
[3] Some chives bun.
[4&5] Some meat bun. The name's quite funny. Can;t quite remember, though =\.
[6] Carrot cake!
[7] My lemon barley in foreground, Daddy in background. I really love this picture. =)
[8] The bing ma yong in the restaurant. There were two!
[9&10] Fried man tou! Yum!
[11] Mummy's sugar cane and water chestnut drink.
[12&13] Red bean pancake! I love I love!
[14&15] Fried tofu. Woah you should try this man! It's like eating KFC except it's not chicken but tofu!
[16&17] Yam paste xiao long bao! I love I love I love I love I love!!!!!

By the time we left the restaurant, I was EXPLODING! We also went over to some stalls. It looked like pasa malam but it's so not pasa malam! They had proper stalls and their things were extremely expensive for their quality.

This was what I saw on the way to the stalls. They said this cinema is uber high-class one. Highest class in Malaysia, in fact.

Went over to my Godgrandma's house that night. Uncle Neo, Auntie Annie, Yan Qing, Jia Xin, my parents, my Godgrandma and I had dinner together at some coffee shop. I didn't eat, though. Was too full. Hence, no pictures ^^.

When we went back to my Godgrandma's house, Godgrandma passed me a small box.Pretty right pretty right! =D She got two from Hai Nan Island. One for her own grand daughter, another for me =D. Her grand daughter and I are both of same age. Godgrandma also gave me two mooncakes and a packet of belachan!

The next morning we had bao for breakfast. Their normal bao is the size of our da bao in Singapore. And their DA bao is twice the size of our da bao in Singapore! Godgrandma fed the bao's skin to the pigeons at the back of the house.Godgrandma kept insisting on me taking those pictures =D.

Another po po came to Godgrandma's house at around 10.30am. Let's just call her po po =D. We went down to The Pavillion and shop. THAT PLACE IS LIKE HIGH CLASS SHOPPING MAN! Heaven for taitais. It's humongous also man!

We lunched at Mdm Kwan's.[1] Nasi Lemak. Mummy and Godgrandma each ordered a plate.
[2] Po po's chicken rice. WOOO it was yum. The chicken was really tender and smooth!
[3] My salted fish fried rice! Don't worry. I didn't finish the whole plate. I only ate half. I dare say that plate of fried rice is equivalent to two bowls of rice!
[4] Mummy's and Godgrandma's chicken rice each came with a small dish of achar. It's so much better than the ones we get in Singapore!
[5] Daddy insisted on me taking a picture of his kuey teow soup lol.
[6] The desserts we ordered. L2R: Cendol, sago in coconut milk and burbor chacha.
[7] Sago in coconut milk!
[8] Coconut sugar syrup!

I dare say all the food we ate at Mdm Kwan's are much better than any hawker centres' or coffee shops' in Singapore!

Po po brought us to have ice cream haha. Daddy had some macadamia thingy. Mummy had fruits of the forest. Po po had rum and raisin. Godgrandma had green tea. Po po's maid had cookies and cream. I had kiwi and cream. It was sour and creamy and shiok! Oh by the way, the food court at The Pavillion s much more high class than those in Singapore!

I took this picture and Daddy asked me to take a picture ofTHIS! Po po's maid took this picture. Hehe. Po po's really weak now. Due to athritis. =\ That's Godgrandma on the extreme right. =)

We went over to another shopping centre (We were driven by po po's driver!) for coffee at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf!I had gingerbread ice blended. Slurp!

Dinner was at Bangsar Village II near Godgrandma's house. Restaurant name: Reunion.[1,3&7] The cutlery set! I felt super high class man!
[2] The menu. Embroided! Really really pretty.
[4] Appetiser. Peanuts. I love these kinda peanuts the best. But the main focus is the basket.
[5&11] Beef cooked with spring onion and ginger. The beef...hur ok la. Not as tender as I expected. But still ok la! Have tried better =P.
[6] Fried tofu. The one I had with the xiao long baos were much better =P. But they're cooked in different ways la. And this tofu was really soft and smooth.
[8&9] Hokkien mee! It's dfferent form Singapore's hokkien mee 'cos it's black. Sorry ar. I still prefer Singapore's hokkien mee =P. But that hokkien mee was nice la, honestly.
[10] Honey spare ribs! I tried using fork and knife but po po asked me to just use hands haha. Tasted much better in my hands!
[12&13] Some water chestnut dessert. Nice nice!
[14&15] Mango pudding. More like mango puree. Special! Nice nice!
[16] What I got in my fortune cookie. "Your love life will be happy and harmonious." Really?
[17]Spinach soup. Slurp! Loved the spinach.

That ends the day. Slept really well that night with all that food in my tummy =D.

Next morning, more food! Ate at Bangsar Village.[1] Iced milk tea with cincau. It's like bubble tea! Except without pearls but with cincau =D.
[2] Godgrandma, Daddy and Mummy all had Hong Kong coffee. Not bad not bad!
[3] Daddy's french toast. The one we had in Perth was much better. I'm gonna try making it one day.
[4,6&7] My condensed milk and peanut butter on thick toast. REALLY thick toast. The peanut butter covered the condensed milk's taste. So it tasted more like sweet peanut butter toast. Couldn't taste much condensed milk. Gah should've ordered condensed milk and butter. BUT I love peanut butter ^^.
[8] Godgrandma's Macau burger. Haha she asked why cannot see the other side of her burger.

That morning just ended like that and Godgrandma drove us down to where we had to board our bus (the same place where we got off the bus when we arrived in KL). But Godgrandma's car broke down on the way there so my parents and I had to take a cab down there.

Like how we were served coffee and cakes at the hotel in Singapore, we were served coffee and fried green bean paste. I had tea, though. Their beverages were terribly bland la but the green bean fritter was yum. Only had one 'cos we were really bloated after all those food.


Had food on the bus again. This time the bun had no tuna. Only mayo and lettuce. And it wasn't heated up either. I didnt fnish the pastry beside the bun. Left out the middle portion where there was some jam thingy. Mummy ate my chocolate wafer.

Reached both customs at around 6pm. Reached the hotel at around 7pm. Reached home at around 8pm. Wooo! It was a good trip. A break from the norm. I know what's on your mind now. I thought I DID la but I didn't. I didn't gain weight! Woah thank goodness. =P

And just in case you're wondering, Po Po has a maid and a driver 'cos she actually belong to the second wealthiest household in Malaysia. Just one step below the Sultans and whatnots.



Sent in a job application. Don't even know if I actually wanna work. But then again, if it helps stop my parents' never-ending naggings, might as well go work.



signing off~DE XIN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg... This is just my first time reading ur blog and Im greeted by all these pictures of delicious food!!! Luckily Im eating while reading, at least its not so bad as reading on an empty stomach! Nice pics btw!

alphadelt said...

I want every yam thing you ate. :/

De Xin said...

sherry - HAHA I'm quite sure you've tried yam paste with ginko nuts. That's my favourite of all favourite dessert. Yam paste xiao long pao is my favourite xiao long pao =P.

wan ming - WHAT?! ONLY FIRST TIME?! Haha ok la ok la. If you're still not aware, I live to eat and not eat to live lol. I take pictures of food almost everywhere I go. Heh.