Saturday 15 December 2007

HERE WE ARE!

We'll start from Wednesday. I woke up early (10am was early to me 'cos I normally wake up around noon) 'cos I had a facial appointment with the Shiseido counter at Parkway's Isetan. Mummy too but hers was one hour after mine but she still woke up early 'cos she had to scoot over to my Granduncle's (her uncle's) place to pray to Greatgrandma. She was doing that on behalf of Grandma 'cos Grandma's leg was in great pain.

So my brunch was...Chocolate and cheese muffin from Han's! Brownie points for Aunt Siew Khim. The Sunday we celebrated my parents' wedding anniversary, I left my muffins with her. So last Sunday she got me the muffins again =D. I ate the muffin cold. So the muffin felt a lil' dry and hard. I like! But not too dry or hard. Haha.

So I took a bus down to Parkway ('cos, tsk, it was raining) and had my facial. When Mummy did hers, I walked around Parkway, looking for dresses. But still. Nothing. Daniel Yam it shall be!

When Mummy was done, we coffee-ed.I had my gingerbread ice blended (IT WAS AN UBER HUGE CUP LAR!) and a slice of all berry meringue cheesecake. Mummy had cappucino. After drinking a few sips of coffee, she decided to get herself a muffin. LOL.

We also managed to get Ziyi (my cousin) her birthday present, and all the stuff I need for baking! Daddy fetched us home 'cos it was pouring. I only started baking at approximately 8pm.I spent 5 hours ok! All 'cos I've never really kneaded dough. Using the cutter isn't as easy as you think either! Especially the small amount of left-overs. But ya. They turned out well. Except for the few heads that dropped off, and ONE hand that got dislodged.



On Thursday, I met up with my dear Yiqing! We met at Cineleisure and got our tickets before moving over to Heerens for Sake Sushi!We altogether had 9 coloured plates and two red plates. A total of $32++. Woah shiok. I especially love the crepe looking one (as seen in the first picture). But when we finished, it was only...2.30? LOL. We walked around Heerens a bit but it was still only 2.50 when we went back Cineleisure. Our movie only started at 3.30!

You won't believe what we did. We shopped Cineleisure all the way to the top, and shopped all the way to the bottom, and shopped all the way to the top again where we finally managed to kill enough time to go into the cinema.

We watched The Warlords. It was a super brotherhood movie. All guys should watch it. The cinema was super jam-packed. The guy beside me was quite. Irritating. He ate his popcorns quite loudly and he was breathing quite hard (???). The popcorns sound ending quite fast (you should see his speed) but his breathing. And his leg shaking. Tsk.

ANYWAYS, we both enjoyed the movie. Both of us mentioned Takeshi Kaneshiro quite often haha. We went over to Gloria Jean's when we exited Cineleisure 'cos there was one Gloria Jean's just outside Cineleisure. Woo! You should see how happy I was. I'm starting to see more and more Gloria Jean's in Singapore!

I made Yiqing try a slice of carrot cake ('cos she wanted to share a slice of something but she didnt know what she wanted) and I promised her it will be nice. And I wasn't lying! She loved it. =D

We used my buy 1 get 1 free coupon and I got a cup of green tea chiller (what else?) while she got a cup of hazelnut caramel chiller. Hers tasted like nutty cappucino chiller haha. I still loved mine best =).

The moment I took out my camera to snap those two pictures above, Yiqing started to play with my camera.Yiqing said she loved this picture 'cos I look very happy lol.

The above few pictures was Yiqing trying to take a non-shaky picture and me trying to show her how HAHA.

I forced her to let me take a picture of her. And I took two. Nice right! I just need a professional camera la. Tsk.

She then took a picture of me too. My favourite picture! Thanks girl =).

See I told you I didn't lie! We finished the cake. And she was madly in love with the cream cheese frosting lol. Funny you.

The cam-whoring didn't end though.???

SHE SAID I LOOK LIKE A GOLDFISH HERE! WHAT IS THIS!

Second attempt. Which turned out to be my second favourite picture =).

I took a train back home and starting baking the moment I got home.

I got quite fascinated when I used...This. Haha. 'Cos it was my first time! And it was reallyCOOL! =P

Anyways. This time round, no cutter was involved.

I thought they looked like beef balls so I took those pictures hehe. But I flattened them la.

And they looked like scallops after flattening.

That wasn't the funniest.


'Cos they ended up looking like huge man-tou(s) when they came out of the oven! I also iced them. DAMN TIRING K! This time I spent 6 hours. Most time was spent on shaping them 'cos the dough cracked easily, as you can tell. So I really hope those who receive the cookies will really appreciate them even if they don't taste nice. Two nights! 5-6 hours each night! And now, I'm sick. =(



Yesterday I was out with Nancy darling. No pictures taken 'cos I was too...sick. We ate at Century Square's Food Cultre. Can you believe it? Century Square has TWO food courts. But anyways, I didn't really eat. I only had a bowl of burbor chacha. Yep, second time this half of the year I lost my appetite.

We bought some stuff at a gift shop. Nancy met her friends at Nokia to pass the "queue" to them haha. We then walked over to TM for our movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks! We bought popcorn combo 'cos she needed something to drink and I needed something to keep my mouth going during the movies.

THE MOVIE WAS SERIOUSLY GOOD! EVEN BETTER THAN ENCHANTED! OOOOOH I LOVE SIMON AND THEODORE! THEY WERE SO CUUUUUTE! Poor Alvin. Wonder if anyone would like him =P.

After the movie we bought some keychain at Urban Concepts and then took a train to Bugis. I kinda like followed Nancy around blindly 'cos of my sickness. But I still managed to buy some stuff. I bought suspenders, and a navel stud (without knowing how to open it).

I don't have any navel piercings, nope. I'm using it for my ear hole. My second ear hole on my right ear (I've got 3 ear holes remember) has been stuck with my rose ear stud for, say, 3 years? Time for the rose to take a short break during the holiday season =D. I had to ask Huan Yuet online how to open the stud lol. Smart me.

So yesterday night felt good 'cos I finally didn't have to spend 5-6 hours in the kitchen baking anymore. For those two nights it really felt like I was running some factory lol. But it was good. Especially when your friends eat your bakings and say they're nice. (Whether it's just to comfort me or it's really nice, either way, it's still feels very rewarding lol.)



Ok. Tonight's Ziyi's 21st birthday party. And I'm still sick. And I'm missing CG. Sigh.



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: