Tuesday 18 December 2007

BUSYBUSYBUSY!

I didn't know holiday season really means busy. Or at least, I never knew it could be THIS busy. Let me tell you why. I've been fully booked for two weeks in advance and a week has gone by. I'll be spending the night with Min Ru and Winston tonight (Can't help being a lightbulb but I'm good friends to both!). Tomorrow will be with Sherry love again! Thursday will be Alicia's BBQ. Friday will be watching ballet performance with Mummy. Saturday will be a Christmas party with my church friends in Singapore. Sunday will be Christmas dinner with family. Next Thursday I may be going to the zoo with Yiqing!



Ok before I get carried away, let's talk about what's happened. I went for church service as usual on Sunday morning. After service, I passed Nelson and tootface their cookies. Also gave tootface his Christmas present in advance. Couldn't help it. I saw something that reminded me of tootface so I just had to buy it for him on impulse lol.

After service, a big group of us went down to Parkway for lunch. Felt like how we people in ZPH in Perth always go out for dinner together as one humongous group after service on Saturdays. But at least...Nvm.

We ended up splitting 'cos we were too big a group. Some of them went Burger King (Nelson and I refused to follow) while the rest went to the foodcourt (where Nelson and I happily followed haha). We further split ourselves into two groups again 'cos there wasn't a full table of available seats. Most of us had ban mian/you mian. Some had chicken rice and kueh chap.

I left after lunch 'cos I needed to rush over to my Grandma's place (actually 'cos Mummy wanted Daddy to fetch us there on the way to his karaoke). Nelson followed me 'cos he needed to go home for...? Can't remember heh. We walked all the way back to church before he went to take a bus while I continued walking home for another 5 minutes. Nelson insisted on walking with me! Not my fault! I hope I didn't tire him out, really.

By the way you should've seen how Nelson happily swung his bag of cookies around. I gave him a proper gingerbread man but he broke its head off by swinging the bag. HAHA!

So Daddy, Mummy and I went down Bishan area together. Daddy went for his karaoke, Mummy took the car and both of us went down to Junction 8. Mummy had to buy some medicine for Grandma. We also walked around a little 'cos Mummy wanted to do Christmas shopping (Surprise surprise! She hasn't done that in years!).

I kinda did a major lecturing on her, trying to make her realise buying presents for people does not mean buying something she thinks is useful. It means buying something the opposite party needs/wants or buying something that reminds her of that person. Took her half an hour to realise my point. She bought the right presents (Including mine! But no fun la I already know what it is. But it's ok!) and we went for coffee at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.

I didn't want a large cup of gingerbread ice blended (I don't understand why they only serve it in large size. KL serves it in regular too!) so I got a regular cinnamon ice blended. Mummy had a small latte. She was hungry so she made me share a slice of tiramisu with her. She ate about 65% of the cake 'cos, ya, she's hungry lol. (I thought I could make a better one with the recipe I have in Australia) Hehe ^^.

When we were at Grandma's place, Mummy and I went to take a look at Aunt Siew Hwa and Uncle Kheng Joo's new car (they sharing). At that very moment I was super temped to take the car out for a drive. Obviously. It didn't happen.

Dinner at Grandma's place was cooked by Uncle Kheng Joo. He cooked fried rice (the chilli he made himself was HEAVENLY I tell you!) and the usuals. But Aunt Siew Luan and I ate porridge, though, 'cos both of us were sick. Porridge was cooked by Uncle Kheng Joo too! Haha.

I also managed to give out my cookies before everyone siam-ed super early this week. Why? Star Awards. LOL. I still love Fann Wong and Christopher Lee. Ya la ya la I'm turning into a wet market auntie la.



Yesterday I went out with Mummy. We went down to Orchard area. Had lunch at Wisma Atria's food court (I was very unhappy 'cos it was very crowded and I wanted to just eat peacefully in any cafe). I walked around for very long 'cos I couldn't exactly find something of my liking then. In the end I ended up with this.
Chicken tikka wrap. By the time I got back to the table, Mummy's already finished her food. Lol. My wrap was not bad la. Spicy. But I still like the kebabs near my place in Perth.

We shopped around Wisma's Isetan for a while 'cos Mummy wanted to see if she could find the pair of Birkenstocks she saw (and loved) in KL but then...to no avail. We moved over to Tangs 'cos I was searching for a dress for the Christmas party (And for other parties to come!). In the end I didn't get the dress I was eyeing on from Daniel Yam. 'Cos Mummy and I saw a better and more appropriate one from another section.

Mummy and I continued shopping 'cos time was still early. She kept stopping by every shoe and handbag section in every departmental store, dreaming of her dream pair of Birkenstocks. Haha. I'm very tempted to take a trip down to KL and get that pair for her. But. No time + no money. =(

We also bought a cookie dough press (Is that what you call it?). We're baking for CNY together! Baking == happy. Baking with Mummy == LOVE!

I walked Mummy back to Meritus Mandarin where she was gonna meet her friends (on the way she also dropped by a lot of jewellery shops in search for a nice and simple ruby pendant with not too much diamonds) and I took a bus 36 back home. It was pouring all the way and when I got ready to step out of the bus stop, a lady came up to me, offering to share her umbrella.

*****Imagine a drama scene. My feet's about to take a big wet step out of the bus stop, and a lady goes, "excuse me, you want to share my umbrella?"*****

HAHA anyways, that really made me realise kind hearted Singaporeans aren't really that hard to find. I'm determined to find more similar ones. Or even change more Singaporeans into kind hearted Singaporeans. =)



Ok. Tonight. Dinner. With Min Ru and Winston. At...Ang Mo Kio??? Winston's driving! And we're gonna have mussels! That reminds me. Maybe I should ask Uncle Kheng Joo to use his home-made chilli to make chilli mussels. Sounds good!



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: