Tuesday 11 December 2007

MONDAY & TUESDAY.

Went out with Jeremy Low last night. Met him at Vivocity at about 8.30pm. Got tickets for the Japanese movie Hero playing at 9.50pm and then had dinner. We had a hard time deciding where to have dinner at (after realising Sushi Tei was terribly crowded) but still ended up at Fig & Olives. I had creme chicken mushroom pasta while Jeremy had maritime salmon sandwhich. Was not bad la but could've been better =P. But the roasted chicken was awesome.

The movie was like an extended version of the TV series. I don't know what the name of the TV series is but it played on channel 8 at least two years ago. Whether or not it's still playing now I'm not sure but it's worth checking out. I remember laughing like a fool while watching the TV series. It's about a court case, by the way. Probably that's why I enjoyed it. The crew of lawyers were really funny too. Especially that giant guy hahaha. I also loved the part the korean actor Lee Bing Xian (sorry don't know his Korean name's spelling) was involved. HAHA that was especially hilarious.

The movie only ended 5 minutes pass midnight. We left the cinema yawning and all lol. Even laughed at the smallest laughable stuffs. OH and not forgetting the part where i exclaimed at a nutcracker in a jewellery store and Jeremy kept laughing at me. We then saw more and more and laughed harder and harder until we saw the last and largest one and I really couldn't help it lol.

Took a cab home due to the lateness. Better to pay a higher price for the safety. The taxi uncle was really nice too. I could tell he was really tired (I really pitty those who work night shifts, especially on roads) and so I tried keeping him awake by consistently chatting with him. For both his and my safety. It was a good chat, though. Reminded myself how blessed I really am by God. =) As you can tell, I got home safely.



Went out with Sherry love today. Remember how I used to say when Sherry and I plan to meet, either of us will be late. I was early! Sherry wasn't =D. Planned to meet at noon for lunch. I managed to reached by noon so I went up and got tickets for our movie first. We were gonna watch The Golden Compass. I then proceeded back down to Billy Bombers to meet Sherry!

We ate AND drank the usual:My root beer float in the foreground and Sherry's ice lemon tea in the back. I'm so gonna drink their liquor shakes after I turn 18. Which is SOON!

And cheese fries! And that was enough. Not 'cos we have small appetites! But 'cos the drinks were HUGE (no joke man) and cheese can be really feeling.

I of course didn't leave it just like that. I managed to clean it with my fork as clean as possible. =P Can't help being a cheese lover.

We finished our lunch, walked around a little and went up for our movie. I have to say the effects were awesome. Truth to be told, the storyline is against Christ. I've received emails from friends regarding boycotting the movie. But I guess it should be ok as long as I stand strong in my believes. But overall it was a good movie. I love the humongous polar bear! Fiersome but cute. Oh have I told you? My favourite dog breed is a St. Bernard! Huge, clumsy, cute. Similar to the humongous polar bears int he movie.

After the movie, Sherry and I walked around The Cathay for a while before heading down to Plaza Singapura. Halfway there it suddenly poured madly! Even with an umbrella, Sherry and I were still very drenched at certain parts. We managed to dry off a bit while we were at Gelare enjoying our waffles.

We ordered two (hehe).One with hazelnut ice cream.

The other with cookie dough. Both with chocolate syrup and whipped cream.


This was Sherry's unfinished portion. Lol. We also walked around Plaza Singapura quite a bit. I got a book (Marly & Me! Finally!) and a watch. The sales person asked who was I getting the watch for and I told him it was for myself and his reply was, "oh haha no wonder", pointing at my wallet. LOL! Ya, the watch's strap is very similar to my wallet. Yep, red. =D

Didn't manage to get any dress (for the formal Christmas party) but it's ok. I think I'll drag Mummy down town one day for shopping. And ask for her opinions at the same time!

We left Plaza Singapura after walking around for more than quite a bit haha. Parted and took our respective mrts home. After alighting, on the way back, guess who I bumped into! Esther from CMC! We had a little chat. Ok, not a little. For at least 10-15 minutes. Maybe more. A really good catch up although the last time I saw her was only on Sunday lol.

Honestly speaking, I've been really looking forward to church services every sundy. Although I may still strike as someone who's somewhat quiet and shy, I guess I still need time to infuse myself into this new environment. It's not totally new at the same time (I joined CMC end of last year) but I'm barely always there. Flying back and forth, to and from Perth. But they're a great company. A place where I feel appreciated and acknowledged.



Most probably meeting up with Min Ru and Winston tomorrow (if the plan doesn't fail). I'm fully booked this whole week! Thursday will be with Yi Qing. Friday with Nancy (again!). Saturday's my cousin's 21st birthday party. Sunday church and dinner at Grandma's as usual.

I'm even quite packed next week. Alicia's BBQ on Thursday. Ballet performance to watch on Friday. Help uncle bake cheesecake and CMC Christmas party on Saturday. Church service and Christmas dinner at Grandma's on Sunday.

Oh my.



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: