Monday 24 December 2007

FOUR DAYS TO BLOG ABOUT!

I attended a BBQ at Alicia's place at Tanah Merah area on Thursday. That was when I got sent home in a Merc. Thanks, Max! Now everyone knows you drive a Merc haha!

Anyways. The food was great. I had a taste of really really really spicy curry and woh was it good! There were steaks as well (I see some Australian BBQ here!), satays (How can you not have 'em?!), sotong balls, noodles, butter prawns, otah, sashimi (???) and more I believe. OHOH not forgetting the banana with marshmallows and chocolate. BBQ-ed! OOOh the melted marshmallows were wicked.

We had a round of games. I can't remember the name of the game. Tsk. But it's very similar to connect four, except with cards. And after that round of game, we had a round of "carolling" with Alicia's dad haha. We sang oldies. Ok, I didn't sing, 'cos I didn't know 90% of the songs. =P

We actually drove down to Bedok Blk 85 for supper. I had tang yuans and so did Mari. My phone got passed around for a while and poor Isaiah got dialled accidentally for I don't know how many times. We spent quite a while there before we dispersed and Max drove me home. =)



Frday night I was out with Mummy 'cos we had a ballet performance to watch at Esplanade. Swan Lake! But before that we stopped by New York New York for dinner.Mine's spaghetti with creamy mushroom sauce and pork chop (which I changed the spaghetti to tagliatte) while Mummy had penne with creamy mushroom sauce and half a roasted chicken. I finished mine quite fast so I helped Mummy disect her roasted chicken. Sounds, familiar, Sherry? =D

Swan Lake was totally splendid. I preferred the prince's friend, though. Performed by Bryan Chan. Woooh he was AWESOM! His expression, his dance, his enthusiasm and everything! I especially loved it when all the male dancers danced together in a group. THEY WERE SO HANDSOME! ESPECIALLY THEIR MUSCULARITY! Male dancers leaping great heights really fascinate me. We female dancers can never jump to THAT height.

My ticket was complimentary while Mummy's had a discount. We were seated sooooo front and all the way to the left. After the second interval, Mummy and I moved one row back and shifted right into the next group of seats. Not exactly a very comfortable view but still better.

Oooh man. My previous favourite dancer (Fu Liang) is no longer in the Singapore Dance Theatre (SDT) team and Bryan Chan so very quickly took Fu Liang's place!

Mummy and I reached home only about 12am plus.



Saturday was Dong Zhi. In english, I call it Tang Yuan festival haha. Tang Yuans are glutinous rice balls with different fillings. You eat them with either sweet ginger soup or peanut soup.I personally prefer the ginger one. And Mummy normally cooks the ginger one. But this year the ginger taste wasn't strong enough =(. And just a few minutes ago (TODAY) I ate Grandma's tang yuans. So much better! Only because Grandma's were homemade. Mummy's were BOUGHT. And Grandma's soup had a stronger ginger taste. Yummy-yum-yum!

On the same day (SATURDAY), Mummy and I also brought Grandma to Mummy's friend's clinic. Mummy's friend, Auntie Liying, is a chinese sinseh. And I was supposed to bring Grandma to the clinic (via lift) while Mummy parked the car.

At the clinic, there was another old lady with her two grandsons. One of them was a teenager and he was someone who...took his grandmother for granted. He didn't even stay long enough to accompany his grandmother back. He just left early and even asked his grandmother for money. He's...a rebellious kid? Probably. The other's a young one who's quite...ok.

Mummy finally came up and she brought Grandma into one of Auntie Liying's rooms. They took quite a while and when they came out and stoof at the counter to collect Grandma's medicine, Auntie Liying looked at me and asked Mummy, "Who's she? Your sister ar?" Grandma even joined in the fun and went, "Ya! She's my youngest daughter!" Auntie Liying was totally lost until Mummy finally told her I'm her daughter.

Tsk! I got look so old meh! I was still rejoicing at the fact that the guy who sold me my naval stud (which I now use as an ear stud) thought I was 16!!!!!

At night, I went for CMC youth's Christmas dinner at Terence's place. His house was so uber HUGE! Yihui drove Wei Jun, Simon, Melissa and I there. The food was great (especially the pork and the oreo cheesecake). Also took a few pictures but not with my camera.

We had Christmas carollling. A more proper one haha. Was really funny when they constantly sabo-ed people up. Soh sisters, the Ongs, Ang cousins, Tays and more. Lol I had a great time laughing myself silly. Was sent home by Yihui, along with Wei Jun, Kezia and Jeremy. Thanks, Yi Hui! =)



Sunday. Yesterday. Church service. Nelson was late! It was also the last youth service for the year. And Rev Juliette was also going to go away (I think next year) for further studies. I don't know her all that well but I believe the people in Christ Methodist Church (CMC) will really miss her a lot.

Simon passed me my birthday present and Yi Hui, Nelson, another guy and I went Siglap for lunch. Nelson, I know you're reading this! What's that guy's name ar? Heh. We lunched at the Hong Kong Cafe beside Thai Express. Was really funny when Nelson and the other guy kept bouncing in their chairs.

I had baked rice with black pepper beef, Nelson had baked rice with pork chop (Copy cat you!), Yi Hui had wan ton noodles (She didn't like it =() and the other guy had...some...I don't know what rice. Lol. Yihui couldn't finish her noodles and the other guy helped her too. You should have seen how he happily gobbled everything up! Is NS really that.... torturing???

Yi Hui left early 'cos her dad was waiting for her somewhere nearby and Nelson couldn't finish his baked rice. Lousy! =P We sat around a little more before we paid the bill and left. I walked home. Expected. Haha.

I reached home at 2pm. Parents and I only left for Grandma's place at 2.30pm. Daddy dropped us off at Grandma's place before he went over for his karaoke. I helped to cook!

The first thing I helped with was mash potatoes. It was really tough 'cos Uncle Kheng Joo (KJ) didn't boil his potatoes soft enough for it to be easy. I'm quite sure it took me about 30-45 minutes to mash them up. When I was done, I was raining sweat all over my forehead.

I helped prepare the shepherd's pies. Placed the beef mixture and then the mashed potato. Uncle KJ did a criss-cross pattern on the first shepherd's pie I prepared while I did the normal ripple pattern ony the second.

Then the chicken stuffing. Uncle KJ showed me how to stuff the chicken with the smaller one. Then he suddenly went, "ok your turn" and I was stunned. TOTALLY. Lol. But I had a great time poking toothpicks into the chicken. He liked how I secured the holes so well. Haha. It was fun! Not to mention how slippery it was and Grandma asked me to massage the chickens so that they'll taste better HAHA!

Then the tempura. Uncle KJ coated the broccolis and asparaguses. He made me coat the cauliflowers. When I look at him everytime I add a certain spice, he would go, "I don't know? Up to you!" Super scary k! I also helped when he started to fry them. Helped to flip and get them out of the pool of oil.

I was also the timekeeper for the roasted chicken 'cos he had to take them out every 15 minutes to re-coat the chicken. By 6pm plus plus everything was ready and out!Tempura prawns, broccolis, cauliflowers and asparaguses!

The sour cream for the pumpkin soup!

Coleslaw! Uncle KJ made this himself on Saturday when I couldn't help him.

Wine glasses! Ok, I admit. I drank. Two cups.

Pumpkin soup! It was really sweeeeet! No sugar added!

Shepherd's pie with Uncle KJ's pattern!

The chicken which Uncle KJ stuffed. Mine came later.

WHAT A SPREAD! Ok la. Not much varieties haha but they all tasted really really really good and they were all very very very filling.

We rested for about 30-45 minutes before they decided to take the Christmas cheesecake out. Uncle KJ dd that on Saturday as well. Which meant I didn't help with that heh.

Suddeny someone mentioned about celebrating my birthday. You should have seen how embarrassed I was. I seriously didn't expect it. 'Cos it was a CHRISTMAS cheesecake..I liked how Uncle KJ used a square tin. Looks very...very...I don't know. Traditional Christmas feeling. Haha.

Someone managed to find a candle without its stand but we just stuck it in anyways. Pretty pretty! They sang the birthday song and I did the usuals.

Made a wish, blew the candle (there was only one so I managed to blow it at one go of course haha) and made a cut.

Daddy and Mummy happily squashed me at my shoulders, making my head look so inproportionate. LOL! But I thought I looked like my Daddy here. Probably because MUMMY normally doesn't smile very widely!

Aunt Siew Luan (San Yi Yi) and her hubby. She's the one who's behind all the Garfield presents and other pretty pretty presents during Christmas and my birthday. Thanks! I'm quite sure you took a lot of effort finding them. Really, thanks a lot!!!

My very handsome Uncle KJ! I liked how he just totally ignored me taking pictures. THAT's how I like to take photos, unless otherwise stated by me! Only that way can I take "everyday-life" photos.

I took the very first slice. A HUGE mistake I tell you. I had a hard time finishing it towards the end but the cake was reeeaaally good. It wasn't too sweet and neither was it too heavy. And the bits at the bottom were soaked in rum! The topping with icing with walnuts. Uncle KJ said that's the best way to cover up any cracks LOL.

Auntie Siew Khim, Mummy and I each had a cup of promegranate and plum tea to go along with the slice of cheesecake. OOOH man it was a really great cup of infusion. Flown in all the way from the UK! Kudos to Aunt Siew Hong.

Gift exchanging session started. And I was really glad Mummy decided to buy presents this year. 'Cos...Look at the joy in Grandma's face! That green package is something from Mummy hahaha. Grandma actually doesn't like me taking pictures of her in her pyjamas but ANYWAYS you can't tell she's in pyjamas right? Right? Cannot right? Right? Right. ^^

I was sitting at the dining table all the time, trying my very best to finish my slice of cheesecake haha but when I was done, we all left. Aunt Siew Khim and hubby, Aunt Siew Luan and hubby, Daddy, Mummy and I. Aunt Siew Keow and Samantha left even earlier.

When I got home, I happily started to open all my pressies!These are all from my Aunts! Everyone knows which is my favourite if you see properly.

I can tell the card was only prepared by Aunt Siew Luan but anyways. I know what she means. Better to assume everyone has a part in it ^^.

The tall one's Aunt Siew Luan's Christmas present for me while the brown box is from Mummy. Although I already knew what Mummy got me but it surely felt special still.

You should have seen me scream when I saw the Garfield umbrella. It was wrapped by the apron. Haha I laughed when I saw the apron. I'm so gonna bring it to Australia. I really really love the Garfield umbrella!!!!!

All these are also from Aunt Siew Luan. My birthday present! Oooooh I really really fell in love with that Garfield! He and his love! Awwww! The card holder is really really cute too! Not to forget the necklaceS and ear rings in that small little cute heart-shaped box. Ballerina! Cross! Aaaaah! I'm getting so much love!

Mummy's present for me! Pretty right! I'll try my very best to be as delightful as ever from now on!

Aunt Siew Khim's presents are always very practical and thoughtful. I'm very sure I can use this water bottle in Australia! Much prettier than the other red one I'm currently using there. Oh and the passionfruit shower gel! Pwetty!

Aunt Siew Hwa got this for me very last minute haha. When she saw me in the kitchen helping Uncle KJ, she quickly scooted off to I-don't-know-where and got me this lol! Thanks, Aunt Siew Hwa =).

Aunt Siew Hwa also bought gingerbread cookies for everyone. Why, does that gingerbread man look very very familiar! I had one in a very similar state a while ago!

My island of presents haha.

The green box was from Aunt Siew Khim to Daddy and Mummy. The box under it was from Aunt Siew Luan to Mummy. Aunt Siew Khim's was a box of TEA! Aunt Siew Luan's was KOREAN HAZELNUT instant coffee!

Of course, not forgetting the presents I got from other people!


First one's from Yiqing. She's the very first person to give me my birthday present! I have to say hers was the best Christian present I've ever received for my birthday!

The ballerina handphone pouch and ballerina notebook were both from Mishi. Thanks! You're one of the very few most supportive people with regards to my dreams. =) I really really love them! Especially the notebook!!! Thankew!!!!! *bighug*

The book's from Simon. I'm sure the book's gonna be a really great read! Thanks so much, Simon! =)



I've got another dinner tonight at Kezia's. Morning service tomorrow at CMC. Quiet dinner with parents on my birthday then meet up with the people from Perth. Still wondering if I should go for the Zion gathering tomorrow night. =\



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: