Friday 16 April 2010

PRIOR/ITY/ITIZE

During ballet exam this arvo, something hit me real bad. Something about priorities in life.

Ok so. I can work my arse off to be the best at what I wanna do (with relations to my future career life) and hopefully succeed and earn big bucks/enjoy what I'm doing at my fullest BUT I lose all my friends and loves ones along the way after spending 99.9% on my work and 0.1% on people.

Also, I can put in all my efforts spreading as much love as I can all around me, making friends with everyone, always being there for every single friend with loads of love and support and earn loads of reputation and respect for the love I give BUT I have barely anything to live on because I did not train in any form of profession to earn proper money.

Lastly, I can choose to give as much love as I can to a close group of friends and at the same time use the remaining energy (which is probably half left) to train in a preferred profession and end up being mediocre in everything. In other words, jack of all trades, master of none.

So we've got a scale here. With spreading love to all at extreme left, and gaining ultimate success in whichever profession at extreme right and mediocre right smack in the middle. I know Jesus would be extreme left, beyond the scale even because He doesn't need the money/profession 'cos God provides. Satan would be extreme right, also beyond the scale, because he hates love.

Where would you wanna be?

I wish I could be at anywhere on the point of the scale, anywhere but middle. I wanna be able to be the best at the profession I choose to work on and at the same time give as much love as I can to everyone, even more to those closed ones. BUT HOW?!

I must find balance. Somehow. God, please lead me in this life that was never mine but always Yours.

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: