Saturday 17 April 2010

MUM+SISTER+BESTFRIEND

This morning as I was rushing about to get ready to leave home for singing lessons in LASALLE, I conveniently took the waffle that had peanut butter spread and Mummy drove me off to school.

The story about me and your neighbourhood waffles is that when I was younger, I went to Yamaha for ballet lessons (for my first few years of ballet from the age of 3 to 7). Below Yamaha was this bakery that had your normal breads and pastries and such and also a corner where they placed their waffle machines. Alongside would be buckets of different spreads; blueberry jam, peanut butter, kaya, chocolate, strawberry, etc.

My favourites have always been blueberry jam and peanut butter. If I could I'd ask for a mix.

So on the way to school, Mummy asked, "your favourite is blueberry right? The lady said blueberry jam not ready so I said nevermind and just chose peanut butter."

I don't know how to describe this feeling. This....love? Understanding? Connection? I have NEVER told her my two favourite spreads. She just knew. Like how she knows what kind of food/snacks I like at different periods.

I love this lady in my life. My mum, my sister, my best friend.

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: