Thursday 20 November 2008

OVER? HUH?

As I was treating myself to a nice cone of ice cream, the phrase "exams are over" is starting to make some kind of sense. I mean, c'mon. It's been, what, 3 weeks of constant studying? Almost. Almost 3 weeks and almost constant studying. And at least those butt+back-aching and gastric-pained nights of studying early into the morning (5.30am!!!), watching the sun rise with that piercing pain in my tummy, have come to an END.

Ask me about my papers ask me about my papers! Just when I thought 55 MCQs were bad enough yesterday, I got another 79 (how much odd-er can that number be?) MCQs thrown at my face today, of which only FIFTEEN were expected. Freaking lecturer not only didn't give a single formula, he didn't even explain the first 64 questions were MCQ questions!!!!!

Well anyways, in response to that, I'm actually quite happy. I really don't know how blessed I am. Last night I was really scared about today's exam, calling out for extra prayers and me myself prayed instensely. I suppose I can count this as one of God's many blessings?


BIG NEWS. My car has just been recalled. R-E-C-A-L-L-E-D. Why? 'Cos "the front door glass run channel (left and/or right) may have been incorrectly installed and as a result, there is the potential that when the front door glass is operated, it may disengage from theguide rail sash. If this occurs, there is a possibility of contact with the door unlocking rod and this may result in the door opening."

THIS MAY RESULT IN THE DOOR OPENING?! AND YOU ONLY TELL ME NOW? AFTER THOSE MILLION TIMES OF WINDING DOWN AND UP MY CAR WINDOW AT CPP?! And what do you mean left AND/OR right? Means not only was I in danger, my FRIENDS AND MUMMY who sat in my car were also in danger!

What the heck. Honestly, I've never liked this car, even before I bought it. Some (or most) should know I've always ALWAYS wanted a Suzuki Swift. Daddy actually left the decision entirely up to me (as long as I do not exceed the budget) but Mummy happily came in and said "but the boot small". Yaya. And you wanted me to get a Colt. With lousy horsepower, high centre of gravity and now this problem.

I know I sound like some spoilt brat just wanting "a better car". I'm not gonna deny that. I really love cars. I love driving manual, I love reading up horsepower and gear shifts of cars. I watch Top Gear NOT because it's funny but because I really love to know that much more about cars. Mummy? All she looks at are the dimensions, height from the ground and fuel capacity.

Hence I ended up with this shit car.


I'm gonna go take a much deserved sleep now. Note: sleep, not nap. I had a 2 hour nap before my exam this morning. Amazing how I didn't fall asleep or feel sleepy at all. So now, I'll go to bed for real. And wake up for dinner. YES!


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: