Monday 24 November 2008

HOME =)

It sure feels good to be home, hey. But when I got home, it felt like I came back to a refugee camp or something. 8 packets of instant noodles (of which one's opened), 6 packets of instant oatmeal, 6 bottles of jam, 2 bottles of kaya and (don't tell Daddy I told you this) 2 bottles of Brand's bird nest. OH and two tubs of ice cream. Now let me think. There are...1...2...THREE PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE!

It's very obvious they're stocking up. To think I was thinking of buying a different brand of instant noodles while I'm here. I'm quite sick of Myojo's mee poh dry and NTUC home brand chicken flavoured noodles. They're nice la. But. WE'VE BEEN EATING THE MEE POH DRY SINCE I WAS YOUNG and the NTUC home brand one since they first came out with that.

Oh wells. Yesterday (Sunday 23/11), when I woke up, Mummy said she bought tau suan (from Eunos hawker centre) for me. It's some yellow bean dessert thingy in sticky soup.Honestly? It SUCKED. It didn't *gloop* down the throat well. In other words, it wasn't as smooth as it should be. It was VERY starchy (Mummy said 'cos it turned cold 'cos I only ate it after I got home from church service). And GUESS WHAT those you tiao (fried dough) on top, were FREAKING OILY. I didn't even have to press into it. Just by touching it, my fingertips were coated with oil. Yuck.

Anyways, after everyone was ready, we went to Bedok for lunch because I've been craving for rojak since I DON'T KNOW WHEN! Bedok as in....the one near TJC but not exactly opposite it. You know there's one Bedok market+hawker centre opposite TJC? NOT THAT ONE. The one I went was NEAR that one. Ah go figure it out yourself. Heh.

Back to the point, I didn't manage to eat rojak T_T. The rojak place I always go to is CLOSED. I don't know if it's just temporarily closed or it's no longer there 'cos apparently that market was closed pretty long for renovation and many hawker stall owners didn't like the wait and no longer came back. Doesn't that just SUCK BIG TIME.

There was a masar malam going on outside the hawker centre and so...I GOT A TAIWANESE FRAGRANT SAUSAGE!!! Oooh it tasted so good. It's been SO LONG since I ate it! Is it SHIOK or SHIOK?! SHIOK SHIOK! Ok I'm being idiotic. This is probably one thing that can never go wrong. I mean, all the person's got to do is buy some taiwanese fragrant sausage from some supermarket, BBQ them on some traditional asian BBQ pit, and wa la! AWESOMENESS!

So back in the hawker centre. Since the rojak stall wasn't open, I nearly wanted to buy fish noodle. But I found something better and didn't get it. Mummy on the other hand,got fish porridge. Haha. It's milky. We like the milky fish noodles/porridge.

While Daddy and I were still waiting for our food, Daddy got really hungry and so he bought some mian jian gao (directly translation: noodle fried cake, heh sorry I really don't know what it's called in English).IT WAS REALLY GOOD! It's crispy on the outside and really nice, fluffly and soft on the inside. the peanut paste was flavourful.

After a close to half an hour wait, OUR BAK CHOR MEE (minced pork noodle) WAS HERE!!!!!Yuuuuum! It was really REALLY good! The soup was so full of flavour, it exploded in our mouths and both Daddy and I got choked on it! No exaggeration. It's all true. It's really really good. No wonder the wait ahaha worth it!

Got kinda thirsty. Hehe. It was DAMN FREAKING SWEET. Madness.

OH I've got my triangle plates already! Drove a bit, from the outside of Lor M back to my house. Wasn't.....any....biggie. But Daddy's impreza was resally heavy but yet powerful. Steering was responsive but heavy. I like the sound the engine makes when I change gear xD box engine it is.

Later in the evening, parents, cousins and I went over to Grandma's place together. Had dinner and everything. Really really really love seeing everyone again =). My uncle even purposely made some oreo's chesecake for me.
TADAH! He was disappointed with the fact that the cheesecake wasn't fully set. But aiya. It tasted good! He kinda. Left the last (and biggest) piece for me. I seriously can't wait to cook/bake with him again. My Godma wants to bake with my cousins and me someday. Muffins. But....being me, I don't like having too many people baking together at one time. Much less just muffins. The last time I baked muffins was.....Wei Xian's birthday in 2007? Lol!

Ok that's all for now. More to come another time!


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: