Wednesday 27 August 2008

40 HOUR FAMINE

If you don't already know, I'm doing the World Vision 40 Hour Famine again this year. In fact, I'm currently fasting cooked food for 40 hours, which means I am still eating fruits, yoghurt, milk and such for my basic nutrients. All this that I'm doing is to (hopefully) raise money to help give kids in India their basic human rights and free them from child labour, trafficking and slavery.

I mean, seriously. You know how blessed you are already, given the chance to be using the internet reading this. On the way home from school I was listing out things I can or cannot eat in my mind and it got to the point where I was self-debating whether or not I can take cereal (and Daniel just brought back one whole tub of cereal). For someone like me, I have to think whether or not I can eat such food. The kids in India? Would they even know such food existed? I doubt it.

So, getting back to the point. Just $40 will help 8 children for a whole month. My goal? AT LEAST $480, to help 8 children for at least a year. I hereby ask you of a favour by donating some money. If you can, simply visit the World Vision 40 Hour Famine website and click on Donate Now. Donations are tax deductible and the minimum amount is $2. You will receive a receipt as soon as you've made the donation. When the donation form asks you for the Famine Number, please enter 28197913-8. This makes sure that the donation is recorded against my name and that I'm sent a record of your donation.

WAIT! If you're lazy, just go directly to the donate screen by clicking here!

Your every dollar counts. I hope you can lend a helping hand here. Thanks a lot =).

Find out more about how Famine money will help change lives.


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: