Tuesday 5 August 2008

SERIES OF HEALING

Luke 17:11-17 says:
11Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13and called out in a loud voice, "Jesus, Master, have pity on us!"


14When he saw them, he said, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were cleansed.


15One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.


17Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?" 19Then he said to him, "Rise and go; your faith has made you well."

"It's not about doing things, it's about the church.
People will be blessed just by having you there. Don't expect too much gratitude."
- Robert Barriger


Healer - Mike Guglielmucci

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease


I trust in you
I trust in you


I believe
You're my healer
I believe
You are all i need
I believe
You're my portion
I believe
You're more than enough for me
Jesus, you're all i need


Nothing is impossible for you
Nothing is impossible
Nothing is impossible for you
You hold my world in your hands


2 Corinthians 6:2-4 says:
2For he says,
"In the time of my favor I heard you,
and in the day of salvation I helped you."
I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.


Paul's Hardships



3We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. 4Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way..

"What a price Paul paid to be faithful in his ministry! And yet how little the Corinthians really appreciated all he did for them. They brought sorrow to his heart, yet he was 'always rejoicing' in Jesus Christ (2 Cor 6:10). He became poor that they might become rich (1 Cor 1:5, 2 Cor 8:9). The Greek word translated 'poor' means 'the complete destitution of a beggar.'

Was Paul wrong in appealing for their appreciation? I don't think so.
Too many churches are prone to take for granted the sacrificial ministry of pastors, missionaries, and faithful church officers. Paul was not begging for praise, but he was reminding his friend in Corinth that his ministry to them had cost him dearly.

Of course, in all of this personal testimony, Paul was refuting the malicious accusations of the Judaizers. How much had they suffered for the people of Corinth? What price had they paid for their ministry? Like most cultists today, these false teachers stole someone else's converts; they did not seek to win the lost hemselves.

It has well been said,
'If you want to find gratitude, look in the dictionary.' Are we showing gratitude to those who have ministered to us?" - Warren W. Wiersbe


To the ungrateful: It doesn't hurt to say a "thank you", give a pat on the back or hug. If you think guys hugging guys is gay, how can you then embrace the Grace God gave?
To the unappreciated: Focus on God for He appreciates what you do most. May not be easy, may take a while to get over it, but it's rewarding. Set your heart in the right place with the right purpose.


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: