Sunday 17 August 2008

UNCLE B'S?

Nah. Why go Uncle Billy's when there are better places to go to? What's worse than going to Uncle Billy's two weeks in a row for the first two weeks of service. Sucks. ANYWAYS. Adam, JeremyL, Liagono, Yiquan, Alicia and I went Pancakes & Grill on James!

For those who don't actually know, Pancakes on The Rocks in Sydney is the SAME as Pancakes at Carillon and Pancakes & Grill on James in Perth. I didn't understand why everyone was going all ga-ga over Pancakes on The Rocks. I just kinda enjoyed the company haha.

My waffles and Adam's BLT burger. Adam, I wonder how you stuffed that down your tummy lol. I loved the waffle. Better than Gelare's anytime. Super duper fragrant! Kinda thin, though. The company meant a lot as well. Yep, things happened all over again. Kinda sucks but oh wells.


Saw something on Sherry Love's blog. Gonna rip it off you, babe! =)

1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you've eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
5) Sherry's addition: add an asterisk to anything that you've not only eaten but prepared/cooked.

1. Venison
2. Nestle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue (I WANT!!!!!!!!!!)
8. Carp
9. Borscht
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari
12. Pho
13. *PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi (I'd love to!)
15. Hot dog from a street cart (Always wanted to but always get distracted by something nicer nearby =P)
16. Epoisses
17. Black truffle (I'd love to.)
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. *Steamed pork buns (Proud to say I made it with Mummy)
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras (I WANT!!!!!)
24. *Rice and beans (To both!)
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche (Looks good. Would love to try.)
28. Oysters (Not a big fan, though.)
29. Baklava (I WANT!!!!!)
30. Bagna cauda (I don't mind!)
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut (I don't mind.)
35. *Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar (I don't mind, without the fat cigar.)
37. Clotted cream tea (I WANT!!!!!)
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
39. Gumbo (I WANT!!!!!)
40. Oxtail
41. Curried goat (Hmmm. I don't mind.)
42. Whole insects (I think.)
43. Phaal (Ooo. I'd love to.)
44. Goat's milk (I think.)
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more (I WANT!!!!!)
46. Fugu (I don't mind.)
47. Chicken tikka masala (I WANT!!!!!)
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut (Made me one step closer to diabetes. But the dough was really good. I gotta admit.)
50. Sea urchin (I don't mind.)
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi (IN CHOYA! Loved it.)
53. Abalone (Best in Mummy's chicken soup.)
54. Paneer (Don't mind.)
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal (Sorry. The only thing I'll ever eat from Mac's is their twister fries.)
56. Spaetzle (I'd love to.)
57. Dirty gin martini (I'd really love to.)
58. Beer 8% and ABV (I think.)
59. Poutine (I WANT!!!!!)
60. Carob chips (I don't mind.)
61. S’mores (I don't mind.)
62. Sweetbreads
63. Kaolin (???)
64. Currywurst (I WANT!!!!)
65. Durian (AND LOVE IT!)
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake (I think.)
68. Haggis
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini (Sherry you've tried caviar. Remember the salmon roe we ate at the sushi place at Cineleisure?)
73. Louche absinthe (I don't mind.)
74. Gjetost, or brunost (I'd love to!)
75. Roadkill
76. Baijiu (I think.)
77. Hostess Fruit Pie (I don't mind!)
78. Snail (Hmm. I don't mind.)
79. Lapsang souchong (I think.)
80. Bellini (I'D LOVE TO!)
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict (Sorry, I only take fully boiled eggs.)
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant (I'D LOVE TO! ANYTIME!!!!!)
85. Kobe beef (I WANT I WANT I WANT!)
86. Hare
87. *Goulash
88. Flowers
89. Horse (I won't eat my favourite animal.)
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa (I don't mind.)
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano (I don't mind.)
96. *Bagel and lox (SUPER GOOD!)
97. Lobster Thermidor (I WANT!!!!!)
98. Polenta (I'd love to.)
99. *Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee (SHIOK!)
100. Snake

Phew. That was a bit.


Many thanks to those who've been there for me, physically and verbally. =)


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: