Saturday 9 August 2008

LOOOOONG OVERDUE

Hey people! Yeah I know I went missing for a few days yadah yadah yadah. I wasn't exactly very busy to the point of exhaustion and neither was I free enough to make an update. But since I'm taking a breather here (can't bring myself to think of what I got to do later on), I might as well make an update!

Two Sundays ago, Mummy had her flight back to Singapore. I dragged her to Sunday service because I thought the service was pretty impactful on Saturday. And after service, we decided to have our lunch at Han's at Reading Cinema but guess what! They're closed. So we moved over to the restaurant next door, Griff's Restaurant. To our horror, it was the worst dining experience we've ever had in Perth.

1) They were under-staffed. For such a huge place, they only had 3 waiters, 1 boss and I don't know about the chefs. Of the 3 waiters, one was slaving away and 2 (females) were slacking 90% of the time at the cashier. Even the boss was more hardworking.
2) As a result of their lack of staff, tables are cleared only when new customers come in. Mummy and I not exluded. We were also not given drinks menus and it was REALLY difficult to get the attention of even those two dumb bums slacking at the cashier.
3)My iced coffee:took 25 minutes to come. So we asked for our food because we were obviously rushing for time because Mummy had a flight to catch and we told them that and they said they were going to check it out for us in the kitchen. True enough, they went in, and came out with no news. We asked the second time and the same thing happened the second time! By the 35th minute I was so pissed I just walked out with Mummy fearfully tagging behind me. Oh, I didn't touch the iced coffee, by the way.

Don't call yourself a restaurant if you're gonna have this kinda service, Griff's Restaurant. Pull up your socks before you lose your sales.

So where did we have our lunch? At the airport.Mummy had red rooster while I ordered pasta and coffee at Breakfast Lunch Dinner (BLD). The pasta was really bland. The beef stew thingy was pretty good so I mixed them together and it turned out nice! Coffee was. Oh-kay.

Sent Mummy off at the gate. Could tell Mummy was holding back her tears. I was more off happy, reliefed, in joy. Not because I don't have anyone at home nagging/controlling me. In fact, she never really nagged (if she did, the nags probably bounced off me) and never controlled where I went. We call that trust =).

I was more happy to forsee the good times my parents are going to have together back in Singapore. They may get quite impatient with each other but I believe them spending more time together will help with their patience and make them more loving. I really love the idea of going home into the arms of a pair of very loving parents. I feel the love already =D.


Past two weeks I've been spending most of my time with my new housemate, Daniel, and other freshies and not forgetting the dance practices =). There was one Tuesday night I skipped dance practice for cell core meeting and then watched movie with a few of the church members. IHeart! By Joel Houston!

It wasn't exactly a movie kinda movie. More of like a documentary of them going around countries to record the IHeart album. I'm looking forward to IHeart 2. A more proper movie. ^^

Went over to Fast Eddy's after the movie for some supper.Shared some pancakes with Adam and I downed two cups of drinks. First was iced tea, second was vanila milkshake. Was really thirsty but I only managed to finish about 80% of my milkshake haha.

Let Adam drive my car 'cos I was really tired and hey! I've found one extra person I can trust my car with. And the funniest thing was we got stopped at a road block and Adam found out he had to actually convert his license. Man. Police, go drink your beer.


Also brought Daniel to Subiaco Fruits Market for the first time with Eufei tagging along. Had lunch there as well. Eufei had the turkish gozleme. Daniel and I ate from the Vietnamese stall. Daniel had some beef ball noodles soup.I had what Mummy always had. Pork and spring rolls rice vermicilli. Ever since Mummy left, I took over quite a bit of her habits. When I was young I always thought Mummy and I wer linked via telepathy. Like I knew where ever she was and what ever she was doing. I think it was 'cos of the lack of time spent with her back then when she was constantly working that I was desperately in need of more time spent with her that made me fake how much I knew Mummy. I'm glad it's all different now =).


We went out for movies with the freshies again just this Tuesday that passed. Before that, each cell had their own dinners. My cell, together with one or two others, had ours at Ipoh Garden along Canning Highway.Ipoh hor fun soup.

Ipoh hor fun dry.

Beef watan hor.

I had the beef watan hor. Basically it just means fried hor fun served with beef in egg sauce. Totally awesome. Sauce and hor fun and everything. Beef could be a bit more tender, though.

At the cinema, a few watched Wanted, a few watched Dark Knight, a few watched some other movies, I (dragging Jim along) watched MAMA MIA! It was a stupid kind of funny. Not the type of movie I'd watch if not on offer. 50% of the time I laughed was 'cos of Jim's reactions lol totally hilarious. Had a great time.


Looking forward to learning more in my new cell. Not comparing cells and I love this cell as much as I loved my previous cell but I really hope I'll get more out of my current one. =)


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: