Wednesday 20 August 2008

NICE CUPPA

Took a nice break from life this afternoon. Was in Subiaco having my haircut, afterwhich I thought I'd just sit down and have a nice cuppa (coffee). Didn't wanna go Boucla alone (can't wait for Daddy and Mummy to come back and I'll bring them there!) so the nearest option was Cafe Cafe since it was just 2-3 doors down the salon I went.

Their cakes were not home made but since the carrot cake was not in the chiller I thought maybe it was fresher haha. I think they got their cakes from The Cake Factory, where Terrazza gets their cakes as well. So anyways, I got a slice of carrot cake and a cup of long macchiatto with hazelnut syrup.

The cake was indeed fresh, dense but not too dense, just enough for it to be fluffy at the same time. Icing was really buttery. Don't know what's with me and buttery stuff lately but I seem to like them. The icing complimented the cake really well, unlike some places where I ate the cake seperately without the icing 'cos either one of them would taste better. I'm pretty sure the freshness played the biggest part.

Coffee? Let's just say, the syrup was too sweet. So far the ONLY place that doesn't put too much syrup and I can still taste the coffee is The Coffee Club (in Perth). Terrazza and Tiamo both failed me. I really love The Coffee Club's coffee.

Cafe Cafe! (Honestly speaking I wouldn't go back there unless I'm too desperately in need of a cup of coffee.)


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: