Thursday 14 August 2008

WEEE!!!!!!!!!!

I just have to blog about today. Started off with a swim at UWA's pool. Been wanting to swim since AGES but never got my ass down there. Finally got to do so on Tuesday and then again today. As usual, my stamina sucked, but am improving it. Or at least trying to. Interesting thing was this old grandpa came up to me in the pool correcting my freestyle.

If you don't know, my freestyle sucks like nobody's business haha. The last time I swam freestyle in a competition a lifeguard had to come save me 'cos I was catching my breath. Ever since then I refrained from swimming freestyle but I suddenly had the urge to sharpen my freestyle. Was really glad someone dared to correct me.

After the swim and shower (back home), went to pick Adam and Daniel up from school and we went down to the city. Parked at Harbourtown and walked down to city area 'cos the Yellow Cat was taking ages to come. Managed to reach the immigration centre before its closing time but I realised I didn't have the document I needed. Like. SICK! To think UWA was supposed to post it to me.

Mission failed. Totally killed my eagerness to go Ikea so in the end we decided not to. Bought a cup of cappuccino chiller from Icey Ice then walked over to Pier Street for KOREAN FOOD! All three of us hadn't had lunch (and I didn't even have breakfast, only a banana after the swim) so we just had dinner at 4pm lol. We went back to the same Korean restaurant I always go but guess what. I forgot the name again. Gah. I should take a picture of the restaurant name one day.

Anyways, pictures of food!Appetizers. Oooooh those brown coloured beans!

Seafood and vegetable pancake. It's like omelette in a very nice texture. Wonder how they did it.

Daniel's spicy pork bibimbab.

Adam's spicy pork with rice. Nope, different from bibimbab.

My soy rice cake with soy beef! I reckon the rice cakes were cooked too long =(.

Yuuummm!

After dinner we walked back to Harbourtown, bought some (24 bottles!) beer and I got 6 bottles of Strongbow original. Why didn't that old man check my ID! Drove to Adam's place. Picked some mandarin oranges and lemon (hohoho), Adam got the cupcakes he bought, and back to my place!

Adam and I watched Olympics and So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD), switching channels here and there. Daniel went over to his friend's place to do tutorial but he said he ended up watching tv as well lol.

CUPCAKES! RARRRRR!Clockwise from heart: Heart (butter cupcake with super buttery icing and milk chocolate on top which is the heart), maltesers, lolipop (???), cocopops.

I took the heart one 'cos I didn't want anything with chocolate icing knowing it'd be SUPER sweet. I loved my cupcake! I liked how it's SUPER buttery. Shiiioook!

Adam took the cocopops one. I didn't like it heh. The cocopops top had dessicated coconut in it (I HATE dessicated coconut unless in cheesecakes) and the chocolate icing was super sweet to the top, as expected. I believe the chocolate cake base was good.

*chompchompchomp* I wasn't eating the paper. Was eating what's left on the paper. Heh. YES I KNOW I'M A PIG.

So good!

I snacked quite abit (Adam will say A LOT and actually I can't deny 'cos it includes sunflower seeds and Korean popcorn), drank a bottle of my Strongbow Original, watched more TV, waited for the American vs Greece basketball match to be on and...yep, I fell asleep. Heh. I guess that's what swimming does to you.

I can't wait for tomorrow, minus the tutorial and lecture. =P


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: