Wednesday 27 August 2008

WELCOME TO KOREA~

Well, no, I didn't go to Korea again (although I'd love to) but I've been eating so much Korean food my not-so-little tummy down there is satisfied. It started last Saturday after service. Every cell went on their own ways so my cell decided to go Young Joe's BUT it wasn't open (I suspect it's closed down, someone please update me) so we went over to Da Chang Jin which was near Famosa. Just 2-3 blocks down I think.

It didn't start off too well with waiters accidentally splashing soup onto me but good thing it was very minimal and they were very apologetic about it. Other than that, everything else went well!You see the small dish second from the white? The brown coloured pieces of things? THEY TASTED LIKE OUR HAWKER FOOD CARROT CAKE (commonly known as cai tao kueh)! We had like three servings of that man.

Don't think you can see but it's actually CHARCOAL beneath this metal plate.

Our sweet soy pork on the BBQ yo!

Our rice before and after rice was added. This was 4 people's portion but it was shared amongst Jasper, Adam and I. We ate like ultimate pigs. SUPER SHIOK! This place has better small dishes as compared to Took Be Gi (YES! I FINALLY REMEMBERED THAT KOREAN RESTAURANT'S NAME!) but variety wise Took Be Gi wins. I'm so going to go back to Da Chang Jin again.

Later that night, a few of them went back earlier to watch the Liverpool match. I went back later so when I got back, I popped by Eufei's place to see if Daniel and Adam needed a lift because Adam sadly pulled his ligement (every dancer's nightmare, same for anything else that rely heavily on leg movements). When we got back...My place converted into a LAN shop! It was counter strike (CS), btw, and guess what! I played too =P. I enjoyed, actually!

Later that night we watched Wall-E. 20 minutes into the movie Daniel went to sleep. Adam dozed off within 45 minutes. I stayed up the whole way through because someone needed to switch the tv off. Sigh what a night =D.


Monday. Was supposed to go Nao Ramen with The Good Friend but it was CLOSED with the boss still inside. We reached on the dot to see them close. Lol. So we went over to Took Be Gi (finally!).Double serving of the brown beans was shiok! We shared seafood pancake, The Good Friend had spicy tofu stew and I had spicy pork. Kimchi added rice is just so good. Although Da Chang Jin has better kimchi but oh wells =D.

Had discipleship group that night, finally after so long. I'm currently in Lynn's discipleship group. The only UWA girl there but hey, I loved it. All dancers, people who appreciate and understand me. Touched on the topic of confidence. Man, nobody robs confidence away from us. We cast our own confidence away from ourselves. Paul de jong is just too good. And hilarious!


Gah. I'm fasting at the moment. You'll know why in a while. In the mean time, be blessed with the ability to eat proper food!


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: