Friday 24 August 2007

MANUAL!

Tried manual driving yesterday. Yesterday's lesson was really last minute because Mummy and I were supposed to go down Garden City together on Thursday but she went with Wei Xian's mum on Monday so I had nothing to do on thursday so I gave my instructor a call one Wednesday night and that's it! I had a manual lesson yesterday afternoon.

I have to say...manual was ok-tough. Not as scary as I thought it'd be. Got the hang of changing gears within a few minutes (kudos to Aunty Jo and my instructor for teaching me before hand). Was brought to the same park 'n' ride (don't ask me where 'cos I do not have the slightest idea which park 'n' ride it is) and this time I was trained to change gear smoothly, hear/feel the vibration and change gear while turning.

Stalled twice, though. First time at a traffic light uphill. Instructor insisted on me pulling the handbrake and I didn't know what to do when the lights turned green and that's it. Stall. I'm surprisingly better without the handbrake on slopes lol.

Second time was in the city at a normal traffic light. I guess it was because I was a bit panicy about the fact that I'm driving in the city. But other than that, I drove myself home safe-and-sound-ly. No mounting of curbs! Smooth! Yeah! =D



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: