Sunday 26 August 2007

BREAK FAST! NOT BREAKFAST!


A few of us (Mishi, Charles, Wei Jun, Joshua Lau, Marianne and I) broke fast around lunch time today and so Mishi (I think) decided to have lunch at Jojo's. Not a bad choice at all! The good friend only breaks fast at midnight so he only came along for fun haha. Poor him.

We took our time to decide what to have for lunch because we were waiting for Joshua Lim (who didn't turn up in the end) and Marianne.

While waiting for our food to come...
We had a fun time camera-ing haha!

And when the food came...
Everyone was taking photos of each others' food! We probably looked like a bunch of tourists lol or maybe student exchange group haha!


1. Wei Jun's calamaris.
2. Charles'. There were prawns, anchovies (ikan bilis) and calamaris if my memory serves me right.
3. My tagliatelle (very fat pasta) with smoked salmon, sultanas and pine nuts tossed in olive oil.
4. Mishi's veal steaks.
5. Joshua Lau's quail and fish wings. (To think that I used to have a quail chick as a pet!)
6. Marianne's salmon, I think.


My pasta had fish roe in it too! The sultanas and pine nuts just went so well together. But I thought there was a tad too much oil. Got quite bloated towards the end.


Haha! I bet everyone enjoyed their food. Anything tastes good when you're dead hungry, trust me. Lol!

But we didn't have enough! We ordered DESSERTS!


I had sticky date pudding for the first time in my life and it was just simply HEAVENLY!


Mishi's tiramisu. Look at the pretty chocolate flower!


Both Wei Jun and Joshua Lau had a brownie with ice cream each.


Marianne had the white and milk chocolate mousse.



Gaaaah. I lurrrved my sticky date pudding! *drools*


We left the place more than satisfied, I have to say. Was quite an expensive meal but it was hell worth it. Sharing everyone's meal and dessert and breaking fast with such a delicacy. Who cares about the price! =D



Had another driving lesson this morning. This time I drove along Mounts Bay road. It was actually very...easy! Lol. Drove through Northbridge and city area and then into the suburbs for a little while.

Stalled twice. Can't remember why for the first time but the second time was because I parked my car (at City West's licensing centre) and forgot to step down on the clutch when I brake-d.

Reason why we went into the suburbs for only a while was because Alex (the instructor) tested me on finding his "friends'" houses. THAT was when I did reversing for the very very first time! No sweat! =D

Alex gave me a box of liquor chocolates, by the way! Haha 'cos he thought I drove very well as a first-timer on Thursday. HAH right. I stalled twice, Alex! Ohoh Alex is from Croatia haha. He feels like a very nice and old uncle to me. =)

I have to say my great progress in my driving lessons is greatly due to God's grace. I actually expected myself to freak out like mad, jerk the car like nobody's business. But God brought me through it. And I'm glad I have a God like Him. *big hug to God*



Will be cooking veal steaks tomorrow night! Hope it turns out well =D.



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: