Tuesday 30 December 2008

ONCE UPON A TIME...

Nah I'm not telling a fairy tale here. It just goes to show how long I've not blogged properly =P. HOKAYE let's not waste time! Hahaha. Two Wednesdays ago (17/12), Mummy and I went Parkway for dinner and Christmas shopping. Dinner was at Parkway's Treats Foodcourt.

I had curry chicken set with bread!The curry was not bad but hmmm. A little too much water? I also personally prefer my curry with more coconut milk.

We did quite a bit of shopping. That's also when I got my Chaucer stuffed teddy bear from Mummy =D.

Next, FRIDAY(19/12)! Was watching The Nutcracker by Singapore Dance Theatre with Mummy that night. Before that we had Din Tai Fung for dinner at Raffle's City.
YUUUM. Century eggs are HELL EXPENSIVE in Perth. I used to hate them when I was younger. Somehow I grew to like them as I grew older.

Prawn pancake I think. Mummy seems to really love this dish haha I have to admit it was not bad. Crispy on the outside and spongey on the inside. At least they were not stingy on the amount of prawns. A bit too oily though > <.

DAN DAN MIAN!!!!! Aaah, no chilli oil. The dan dan mian I had in Shanghai was INFUSED with chilli oil. Nearly sent Nancy and I both burning in flames. This one had peanut sauce! Shiok! Oh but I miss those handmade noodles. Siiiigh.

WOOHOO!!!!! XIAO LONG BAO!!! If you're asking why am I not sick of them, it's because I've only eaten them twice in Shanghai and they were not as good as Din Tai Fung's! Really! I don't know how they did it but THE SKIN IS SO PERFECTLY THIN!

YAM PASTE XIAO LONG BAO! OMGOSH OMGOSH OMGOSH I MISSED THIS SO MUCH EVEN THOUGH I WAS ONLY AWAY FOR LIKE 9 DAYS AS COMPARED TO 9 CRAZY MONTS!!! The yam paste filling was sooo fragrant and the best thing is it wasn't to sweet!

I enjoyed the ballet performance to the max. The props were really stunning and the choreography! Although they have limited numbers of ballerinas, they still managed to present the ballet piece so grandly. AND THE KIDS! Oooooh I loved those rats =P.

Next was Terence's Christmas party. It was already 11 plus by the time I got there. At least I was there for the caroling =D.

I was damn super tired by the time I got home. Like, now. Hah. I'm still freaking busy. Need to catch up on sweet sleep!

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: