Monday 8 December 2008

SHANGHAI - DAY 1

On the 6th of December, at 7.35am, Nancy and I were on board SINGAPORE AIRLINES, on our way to SHANGHAI!BYE SINGAPORE!

Over neighbouring countries...

Over...clouds?

Over the land of China!

This was our meal on board. LOOK AT THE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ON THE TOP LEFT HAND CORNER! QANTAS WHERE GOT SO NICE ONE. The potatoes were bagus! Fritata was a bit. Jer-lat. But no complains, honestly. It's so much better than Qantas'!

After 5 hours in the air (of which 3-4 hours was spent sleeping for me)...WE'RE IN THE LAND OF SHANGHAI~~~

The landing wasn't the best of SQ's but at least the brakes wasn't as bad as Qantas'. Qantas' brakes make u feel like...a dummie bouncing around =_=.

Nancy and I took the Maglev. IT TRAVELLED AT 431KM/H!!!!! I was staring at the speed the WHOLE TIME. It took a few minutes to get to that speed, stayed at that speed for a few seconds, and another few minutes to slow down. SHIOK! SPEED!

We continued our journey via their land mental (di tie aka train). Dragging our baggages here and there. My right hand nearly lost energy! Damn tiring.

After a few stops, we took a short cab journey to our condominium!Aiks. Puffer fish. The one in white+red specs.

After reaching our apartment, and the landlady's cousin gave us our keys, we unpacked our baggages for a while before we went out for some grocery shopping and dinner. We took the train to Xu Jia Hui stop, walked abit around Gang Hui Something, before going over to another building where I spotted a dessert place that also sells normal savoury food. BUT before that we shopped a bit first. I bought a jacket! Didn't take a picture of it though. Another time la huh. =P

Nancy also bought a jacket I think. Haha after that we had our dinner at the place I spotted!Nancy's milk tea.

Sugarless.

Unhappy. Dig sugar.

Satisfied. HAHA!

Nancy's beef in tomato and egg sauce with rice.

My beef ball noodle. IT ONLY COST ME WHAT? 8 BUCKS I THINK. Even the desserts wer more expensive. But ok la the noodle was alright haha nothing fanciful.

We went back to Gang Hui Something to do our groceries. Tissues, toilet papers, and snacks. I bought some "ice cream cones" by Glico and some GREEN TEA MARSHMALLOWS!!! That supermarket DOES WONDERS!

Back home after that. ZZZ. It was -1 degree celcius! MADNESS!!!


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: