Saturday 27 December 2008

ALOHA~

Firstly,

HELLO DADDY!!!!!!

Yeah Daddy reads my blog hahaha but not very often I think, given he only switches the computer on once or twice a week to check the stock market =D.

Sososososo! Today's my birthday! We'll talk about lunch another time. LET'S TALK ABOUT DINNER! Daddy and I met Mummy at CHIJMES for dinner. Reason? I've NEVER eaten at CHIJMES before. I booked a place at Capella. We took 15 minutes to find that restaurant. Had to ask security guard and he said, "go straight then turn left but don't walk into the pillar ar! See pillar must siam!" LOL!

So we FOUND that place and went in.
BEST shot I could get of Mummy.
Bread! Served with olive oil and vinegar. The bread was spongey! NGOM NGOM NGOM!
My Singapore Sling! There was this...cherry taste....hmmm.
Mummy's duck breast with mashed potato! Despite it being the breast portion it was really tender! And the mash potatoes were HOME MADE. Instead of the normal creamy and buttery taste, it was fragrant with mixed spices taste!Daddy's beef tenderloin! Well done and tender and it has this FRAGRANCE to it! The taste of beef, plus the grilled taste and the marinade! Daddy said it's better than The Ship's steaks! Yayyy!!!My gnocchi quartro formaggi!!! I've been searching high and low for this dish in Perth but to no avail and they have it here! It was creamy and cheesy but not too heavy to make you sick and the gnocchis were smooth! Definitely not for the faint hearted!

Dessert? Is there space? OF COURSE!Coffee panna cotta! OHOHOHOHOOOHMYGOSH it was SMOOTH and bouncy and it tickles me to see the panna cotta jigglewiggle when I shake the plate! The coffee taste was DAMN STRONG but not too strong to knock you out HAHA. Those small round bits are like chocolate coated coffee wafers? I think haha!
TIRAMISU!!! This one was ok only though. Mascapone cheese wasn't smooth and not enough. Sponge layer was soaked just right with alcohol+coffee. =D

After dinner (which totalled up to $181++ but I suppose once in a while is good!), we walked around Raffle's City's Robinsons for a bit. It was like war inside. Madness. We were out in no time and on our way home in our nice comfy Subaru Impreza. =)

When we got home, we took out MY BIRTHDAY CAKE!
Coffee peanut flavour! For parents who love coffee and me who loves peanut butter.
Yay! Simple!Daddy: "Am I cool or what?"
Me: "OOOOOOOO"
Mummy and her baby (me la)!
Mmmphhhhh! CUT!!!!
Yay!!! Goodnight!

signing off~DE XIN

2 comments:

jtkl89 said...

u blessed lil' girl... oh oh! u were STILL wearing d same PJs that night! Hehehe...

quadro fratro muchomino....

De Xin said...

where got people one night change multiple pjs one?! lol your italian phail.