Friday 12 December 2008

SHANGHAI - DAY 4

Nek-si stop is Chang Shu Road. Please gedduh ready to light from duh lef-tuh side.
AHAHAHA please don't mind me but that's my daily entertainment, on the way out and back. I still remember the first day I heard that I was trying to hold back my laughter. Until Nancy smiled/laughed at me then I burst into laughter.

Anyways! Yeah, we were going to Chang Shu Road. Nancy brought me to..WHISK! First attas (high class) place she broguht me to!

The inside was really cool! Wanna know what was written on the glass panels?

There you go! I like the bottom one. I think it says, "A BUDGET TELLS US WHAT WE CANNOT AFFORD, BUT IT DOESN'T STOP US FROM BUYING."

What the bar looks like from my angle!

Waiting for our food =).

I thought the utensils were presented nicely =D.

Dark chocolate granita! OH by the way, Whisk feels like a Shanghai version of Max Brenner to me. Only thing is Whisk serves proper food alongside with chocolaty drinks/desserts while Max Brenner is full blast chocolate. Although this dark chocolate granita was almost like heaven on earth (note: ALMOST), it still loses out to Max Brenner's peanut butter iced chockie.

Nancy's carbonara! Not bad!

My walnut and bacon gnocchi. Ehhhm. The sauce was really good but the gnocchis were...too soft. Hah!

Nancy's upside-down something lol. It was HELL GOOD. The chocolate taste was strong but it wasn't too dense/heavy. The vanilla ice cream was @_@ super fragrant!!! Awesome! Brings back memories of Max Brenner's chocolate cheesecake. Oooooh kill me now!

We then took a train down to Ren Min Guang Chang (People's Square) for MORE SHOPPING!

Check out those bu dao wongs. Hah! Damn cute. The aunty who sold them shook the table and said they were dancing xD.

SUPER NICE RIGHT THIS PLACE! Feels so antique. And I realised on the left there's a Tang Men dessert shop. If you've watched Campus Shrewed a.k.a. Miss No Good, you'll know why I'm pointing that out!

Suddenly, out of no where, stands an antique car. Lol. Okok, enough of this old era. We went over to the proper underground shopping place.

AND ALL OF A SUDDEN there was this HUGE tank full of parrot fishes. I think Mummy will faint when she sees this lol!

Nancy saw a balls store. Balls as in, uh, fish balls, beef balls and so on ^^.It was really good! The soup was tasty and the BEEF BALL! Nice bouncy chewy tasty YUM!

After doing some damage, we went up to ground level.On our way to Shanghai's Raffles City..

One of the fountains in that building. We only went there for toilet hahaha and we were off to walk some streets..

Nancy said this street is known to be some rainbow street or something 'cos of thier lights. Really cool.

Into a not-so-small alley, bought a Taiwan fragrant sausage. Erm. Singapore's nicer. Haha.

On with the walking!Is it cool or hot? Super huge thermometor!

Nancy wanted to bring me to this restaurant to eat some really good bibimbap but it was closed so we walked a bit more to this Shanghai fast food restaurant. Wei Zi Dou. Forgot its English name =P.

Waiting for our food! Check out my Garfield sweater! Garfield looks a bit squashed though. Maybe I'm too fat hah!

Century egg tofu. Gonna try cooking it one day =D.

You cong/cong you mian. SHIOK!

Some peanuts with chicken dish. It was sooooo good! Added some to my noodles and FWAH SHIOK!

After dinner, we walked towards the river...Saw this on our way. Cool lights!

.TADAH! REACHED! There were quite a lot of people haha I had to run to an empty spot along the railings to manage to get these photos.

After we were satisfied with those sightseeings, we took a cab to another shopping centre. Don't remember the name but we went over to a stretch of high-class restaurants opposite the shopping centre first.Beeeaaauuuuuutiful!

Nancy said this place has really good pastries! =D

And the shopping centre itself! We were thinking if we should watch a movie BUT the movies we knew (like, only one or two of them?) were super outdated and the rest were.....super cheena.

So we went in, in search of a place with proper desserts. Searched high and low, was about to give up, and we found...CHAMATE! That's the English name!

Tea served upon sitting down!

I ordered some smashed red beans with pearls.

Bagus!

Nancy ordered some deep fried chicken.

Really good too! Although deep fried, they weren't oily!

I couldn't resist temptation and bought a cup of taro milk tea with pearls.


Check out their pearls!

After that we (or rather, I) were satisfied and found our way to the train station and went home! ZZZ tired.


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: