Tuesday 9 December 2008

SHANGHAI - DAY 2

FWAH!!! I've shopped so much it's SCARY! I've been eating A LOT also!

On the second day we only woke up at about 11 or 12 I think. Breakfast? What breakfast? IT'S TIME FOR LUNCH! We ate at a 24 hour restaurant near our place. Didn't notice the name hehe.

My noodles! It was really simple and nice. The egg was REALLY tasty. Even to the yolk! Most lu dans (duck eggs) in Singapore are only tasty on the outside and tasteless on the inside. The yellow noodles were also not bad. They didn't have the very strong yellow noodle smell like those in Singapore. Pork bits were not bad!

Nancy's Japanese style chicken with rice. THE CHICKEN WAS REALLY GOOD!!!!!

I ordered xiao long baos (meat+soup dumplings OR small dragon buns) too! 10 of them. Ok la not bad. Still Din Tai Fung's better. They still have the best skin. These ones were a little overcooked and the skin was a bit thick.

After lunch we took a train down to Ke Ji Guan (Shanghai Technology Park) for SHOPPING! Bought SO MUCH stuff. Shirts, jackets, hoodies, keychains and pants. Nancy bought MUCH MORE. Nearly too much to carry xD.

Next, we went over to Wu Jiang Road for dessert!Tian zhong tian mi zhong mi OR tian mi mi!

Nancy's mango pudding with sago!

Was it THAT good?!

SHE DIDN'T EVEN FINISH LOR! But aiya it was actually very good =). The mango pudding was pretty smooth. The taste was explosive but pleasant enough. Sago was huge and chewy but not too big like pearls. UNLIKE SINGAPORE'S SAGO! SO SMALL!

My watermelon slush with sago.

SHIOK!!!!!

Nancy was searching for a toilet after that. Went into a building. The toilet was SUPER SMELLY but I saw a really beautiful Christmas tree!I love these kinda Christmas trees. Not too fanciful but yet so lovely. =)

Shopped a bit more at another building! I bought a polo tee, a pair of shoes, cushion covers for Mummy and a few undies. Nancy bought more I believe. Haha! Bargain like mad. And after that second round of shopping, time for DINNER!CHECK OUT THEIR DESSERT MENU SIA! Colourful to the max!

Waiting for our food! I look like I chopped my hair off lol.

My combination roasted meat noodles. Roasted duck and roasted pork. The roasted pork was @_@ AWESOME! Nice and crispy. The roasted duck was not bad too. Skin was juicy and crisp at the same time (if you're wondering how they didn't turn soggy in the soup, I saved them our of the soup before I dug into the noodles haha). The vegetable was really SWEET! Shiokness!

Nancy's rice!

We enjoyed our food!

On our way back, Nancy told me to try the corn cob.IT WAS CHEWY!!! I think 'cos it was young corn. The person asked if I wanted young or old corn. Of course I say young right. Haha. BUT IT'S SUPER CHEWY AND SUPER HUGE I couldn't finish it =_=.


OUR PURCHASES! you see my pair of converse shoes? ONLY RMB$70!!! The wu (dance) and starbucks t-shirts were $45 each I think, the baby milo shirt and grey pants in the corner were RMB$100 each, the black (abercrombie) hoodie at the left hand corner below the pink polo tee was only RMB$60! The underwears were only RMB$10 each and, eh, I can't remember how much was the pink polo tee haha BUT ALSO DAMN CHEAP!

Killed those retailers like mad. SHIOK! Happy happy!


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: