Wednesday 3 December 2008

LESS EMO

Last Wednesday (26/11) I went out with Nancy again! We went to Suntec for movie 'cos we wanted to meet Ah Neo at Shaw Tower (the one near Suntec) at first. Yours truly was late =_= for 15 minutes. We missed the starting of the Chihuahua movie. REALLY SORRY!!!!!

The movie......WAS HILARIOUS! Definitely worth that $7.50 (or was is $7?). At first I thought it was going to be a rubbish show and told myself not to waste my money on that show but since I'm back in Singapore to spend time with friends and movie tickets here are DAMN CHEAP why not?

AND I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE! Go watch it! MUST MUST MUST! I even urged my parents to go watch together =D.

After the movie we had lunch at Ichiban Boshi beside the fountain =).This sushi was dry to the max. Omelette wrapping was dry, fried salmon on the inside was dry.

This hand roll's not bad la. Basic. Salmon and avocado roll.

Nancy's udon!

My soba. It had some WEIRD name. =_= It's not hand made so oh wells. Average.

Shishamo! It's one of my favourite dishes for Japanese cuisine. Sad to say this one also had too much bread crumbs, just like the ones in J K Don. I prefer it withou bread crumbs, actually. Just deep fried that way.

Other sushi dishes like flying fish (tobiko) roe sushi, some cheese, corn, mayo and tobiko roe sushi and so on were not bad. =) After lunch, down to J K Don Cafe to meet Ah Niu!

We went there to have a mini catch up with him. After all I haven't seen him for a year. It's about time =D. Nancy and I eached mixed a cup of our own drinks. Nancy mixed her sprite with a little vodka. I mixed mixed my coke with a little (too much) bacardi. Heng nothing happened to me. 50% bacardi! Ok la to some it might not be a lot but I rarely drink that much. Normally 1/4 or at most 2/3.

So we chatted for a while, say about 45 minutes? Can't remember. Nancy had to go so we left. I waited with her for her bus before walking home.


Thursday (27/11) I went to Parkway to have a look out for any winter clothings. WOAH LAH! Winter Time on sale! Walked up and down and in the end decided to bring Mummy there herself to let her have a look.

Had Pastamania for lunch. I'd say...they've improved. Although my pasta was supposed to be served creamy-green in colour but was served just cream colour, the pasta was al dente! Bravo! Compared to the last time I went there (a year ago), it really is an improvement. Sauce tasted not bad as well.

BUT

Their "tiger prawns" were CUT INTO PIECES?!?!?!?!?! That way nobody (except the pro ones, which isn't me) would know whether or not the prawns were truly tiger prawns! They looked kinda small and skinny so I kinda doubt the "tiger prawns".

Bought a cup of bubble tea from Each A Cup and walked home. I'll say, Each A Cup is no longer on the top second of my ranking. I haven't re-tried Mr. Bean's pearls so Mr. Beans still remains the top. Second will be the new Koi. It's been around for about a year or so. Third will be a tie between Each A Cup and Sweet Talk. Sweet Talk's pearls are quite good but they give too little even for double pearls. Each A Cup's pearls lose to Sweet Talk's but they give sufficient amount for double. Koi gives the right amount for double. =)


Friday (28/11) I met up with Nancy again! FINALLY I had a chance to try the dry version of Ban Mian; BAN MIAN GAN! At Hollywood Food Centre!Teh peng. For a super hot day, it was SHIOK!

Ban mian gan! In my opinion it tasted like mee poh but ban mian version. BUT I loved the ban mian. SUPER GOOD TEXTURE LAR. Nancy said the vinegar-less version of the ban mian gan is nicer. I might go back again to give it a try. The soup was also very tasty. Very very tasty. *two thumbs up*

After that we went over to a bakery store because Nancy's mum needed ingredients to bake apple cheesecake (!!!!!). I also got some stuff. A cake tin, a muffin tray and a mini cupcake tray. *rubs hands* I'm looking forward to baking again!

I also bought a cake tin for Mummy but in the end Mummy said I got the wrong one =_= so we had to go back the next day.

After that I went over to Nancy's place for a while to get shoes from her. Disturbed her hamster a bit also hah! Damn cute. Talked a bit of cock with her in her room till 3.45pm and went home to get ready to go shopping with Mummy at night.

Got home, showered, changed, and out I went to meet Mummy at Orchard MRT station. We couldn't really decide on where to eat but when we finally decided to go back to the baked rice I loved at Takashimaya's basement, we found out that place, Ambush barra della pasta, NO LONGER SELLS BAKED RICE?!?!?! WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!

Ambush used to sell the best baked rice I've EVER eaten. Argh. Now they only have paella (I HATE tomato based rice/pasta with only a few exceptions) and pasta. Oh wells. Sucks big time. We moved over to Central Hong Kong Cafe.

I had ying yang (milk coffee+tea) and beef cheese baked rice.

The ying yang was FREAKING STRONG. It's not the normal ying yang I always drink. The baked rice? Turn off #1, it was tomato based =_=. Turn off #2, it wasn't as good as Ambush's baked rice back then but that one can't be helped la huh. GOOD THING was their beef was tender.


Mummy's beef mince fried rice. It was actually not bad!

Mummy and I tried shopping around for clothes but. Failed. Oh wells. Went home empty handed and Daddy was upset/shocked/disappointed/surprised because he thought we'd buy winter clothes for my trip to Shanghai. Hah!


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: