Friday 2 January 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!

Heh sorry I'm a day late 'cos I was out the whole day yesterday! Well my first day of 2009 started at Ikea. Hah! Needed to get a laptop side table and so Daddy, Mummy and I headed down to the Ikea at Tampinese and even had lunch there!Daddy's baked chicken leg (more like thigh, no?).

Mummy and I shared 15 meatballs!

You think that's it?

I think NOT!!!
6 chicken wings!

SUPER DUPER THE OILY LIKE OH MY GOODNESS ME. But they tasted good haha even though each wing sent one whole napkin translucent with the oil.

Daddy and I even shared an apple pie omgosh. But the apple pie was good stuff. There were walnuts in it.

So. Laptop side table. OUT OF STOCK. Got this thing where i can use my laptop on my lap/bed/anywhere soft. It's a small kidney-shaped table to pon a kidney-shaped cushion. So it's nice and comfy to use too =).

Later on in the evening, Daddy decided to bring Mummy and I to a not to high class restaurant in Joo Chia area.
Peanuts that were drowning in salt. Kinda. And chilli.

HOME MADE TOFU!

Crisp on the inside and super soft and smooth on the inside! You probably can never pick them up with your chopsticks. They were so soft they broke into two. TWO THUMBS UP!

STEAMED beehoon how cool is that. The garlic smell was damn strong making it damn fragrant and it's healthy! Loved it!

Fish maw soup with crab roe.

SLURPS! Good thing Daddy doesn't take crab roe so I had more crab roe to indulge in. There's just something with me and crab/fish/prawn roe. Baby killer I am.

BLACK PEPPER CRAB! DAMN PEPPERY! FWAAAH! YUMZ!

THIS, I dare say was half the star dish of the night. Why half? It was ying yang pork ribs. Yeap, you've heard me right, ying yang. Nope, it's not half coffee half tea. It's half coffee half beer. The coffee side (the darker brown one) was SHIOOOK I tell you! The thickness of the coffee taste was heavenly. The beer side (the ones with loads of sesame seeds sprinkled on top) was only average till moments later when the taste was pretty much more infused. By then the crispy skin was already soft even though the taste was really good.

*drumroll* TIME FOR DESSERT!
A big plate of yam paste and ginko nuts. I think I took half of it. Mummy took about one-third. Daddy took about one-sixth. IT WAS SO FREAKING SMOOTH AND FRAGRANT. Best I've tried. EVER. Daddy agreed. So did Mummy even though she isn't a fan of yam at all. TWO BIG THUMBS UP! YAY!

Ok are you already wondering where this place is?
Canton Wok! 382 Joo Chiate Road. It's a pretty old building. You might have walked pass that place a few times before without giving it much attention because it doesn't look that WOW haha.

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: