Tuesday 20 January 2009

WAAAY BACK!

Yeah I'm blogging about looong looong ago before people even countdown to 2009 haha! On my birthday (26/12/2008), Daddy brought me to Raffles Place area to have lunch. I can't remember the name of the place haha too bad =P.

I had fish ball noodles. The noodles were hand made, not sure about the balls. But I dare say the noodles and the balls were both super good. The noodles were (I can't really say al dente 'cos its a total different kind of texture) QQ? Haha and so were the balls. Good =).


Daddy had char siew noodles. The soup was good. Noodles normal lor. Char siew. Hmmm. Not bad but...I still remember Crystal Jade had really good char siew but that was years back (at least 5 years) so I'm not too sure. Haha. Mummy's char siew's still the best la huh =P.

After lunch we waled over to the basement of Raffles Place MRT station and had coffee at Coffee & Toast.
Daddy's kopi-o-kosong-gao (super strong black coffee).


Coffee stains =D.


Daddy!!!

I had kopi-peng. SUPER SHIOK! This place's coffee is not bad. You guys should give it a try =).

After coffee we went over to People's Park Centre (I think) for some dessert. 甜品小屋 if I remember correctly haha.
YAM PASTE WITH GINKO NUTS! My favourite dessert of all times. Not bad. =D But still loses out to the one at Joo Chiat.

So anyways, before I fell sick and all, I met up with Nancy on a Tuesday (06/01/2009) for some movie and food. We watched IP MAN! FWAH! Hahaha I SUPER LOVED THE MOVIE. Ip Man's kid was SO FREAKING CUUUTE!!!!! "妈妈说如果你再不出手的话家里的东西就会全被打烂了" HAHA damn cute right! Maaan it's still out! If you haven't watched it, WATCH IT! It's definitely worth it. You'll enjoy almost every bit of the movie =).

So after the movie, we went over to Paragon to have lunch atPS. Cafe =).


Menu!


Flowers! (And Nancy in the background hahaha)


Cup of white and brown sugar cubes. Reminds me greatly of Tiger Tiger in Perth. A great breakfast place =D.


Utensils holder.


Water! Nancy hates the lemon in the water. She thinks its like Mama Lemon =_=.


What PS Cafe. Even the chairs and tables look almost similar to those of Tiger Tiger. But less random. The cafe also has a bag and wallet shop.

My ginger tea (that came in the metal pot) with Nancy's honey iced lemon tea in the background.


Both of us ordered laksa pasta. Hmmm. The pasta was al dente I think but a bit tasteless. Most of the laksa taste went to the green beans (which were crunchy, I like!) and fish balls. Me doesn't fancy fish balls. Haha. Overall is not bad la. I'll go back for coffee/tea.

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: