Saturday 31 January 2009

BACK!

Aaah finally. I kinda just got home from visiting my Godma/Aunt Siew Khim. To think about it, she and Uncle Allan/Godpa were a huge blessing dropped from heaven. I remember asking God how come I can't be like normal Christians and have a Christian Godparent(s). I've had a pair of Godparents since young but they're my parents' damn good friends and tour buddies and they're not Christians. I even ranted to some of my close friends about not having Christian Godparents. And so I praid to God like a small spoilt child, asking what's wrong and tahdah. Approximately a week or two later, Mummy called to tell me Aunt Siew Khim and Uncle Allan wanted to be my Godparents.

I was elated.

I didn't think twice and said "OK!" God loves us. =) There was a reason behind them being my Godparents (I'm gonna have another cousin soon yay!) but I couldn't help but tell them about this miracle. They felt comforted. They agreed. God answers.

ANYWAYS I took a few photos during this spring season. =D

CHERRY BLOSSOMS! I super love them. Outside my house in Perth, just a short walk towards uni, along the way, I will always see a tall beautiful tree of cherry blossoms. Every September (ahem Australia's spring is in September, just like how our summer is in June ahem) the flowers will blossom and I never ever get a good picture of the whole tree. Too big? Too tall? Too wide? I don't know. It just never look as pretty in photos. Only upclose shots of the flowers will look good.

I begged Daddy to get me this from the start (when we enter the flower garden) to the end (when Mummy was going to pay for the other 4 pots she chose). He gave in. YES! I love this pot. Nice and small. EASY TO TAKE A NICE PICTURE OF! But the focus is a bit. Hmmm.

Close up! These flowers obviously don't blossom as well as those in Perth. Weather lar.

The other 4 pots Mummy bought. Which means there are 2 other same pots that I didn't take.

Er. Chinese new year flower/tree. It's called ying liu in chinese but uuuh I don't know what's it called in english heh.

SNACKS! Yumyumyum the big bottle with flower shaped yellow coloured cookies are home made. Somewhere in the background, amongst the taller bottles, the extreme left one, without the red cap, is also home made. Not that you can see but haha I'm proud of it =P.

CNY cards! Some with love, some...er. From companies haha.

So it was CNY eve and one of Daddy's sister came over for reunion dinner.
Taugua? I think. Haha and lap cheong (chinese sausage) and suan (some chinese vegetable).

Oyster and facai (some chinese vege I think haha) with mushrooms. (not very well taken, sorry)

CHICKEN COOKED WITH CHINESE WINE! YUMS!

ABACUS BEEEAAADSSSSSSSS! Nah, Nelson, now you knwo what it is. (picture not well taken again, sorry)

Ever wondered how this dish is made? Well, I'll give you a hint.
.
.
.
.
.
.
TADAH!
You shall figure on your own how that(above) becomes that(below).
^^. Secret recipe, sorry.

Sea cucumber. I hate how outside restaurants cook them till they're jelly soft, like as if they're fats. Mummy cooks it just right. QQ!

And chicken soup! Yums yums yums! Once a year. Makes them best.

And that aunt asked if I learnt the arts of mahjong while I was in Perth. I nearly jumped (no exaggeration no joke) and said no. My parents have had a bad history of mahjong thanks to that aunt and a few other sisters of Dad's and hence I've refused to learn it in Perth but Nelson said he's gonna teach me tomorrow during steamboat at Audrey's place so I might just give it a try.

First day of CNY, Daddy, Mummy and I went over to Grandma's place. I ATE GRANDMA'S MEESUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been THINKING about it since I was in Perth and since CNY eve. Gah. Finally.

Also went over to Granduncle's (Grandma's younger bro) house for lunch. Found out his son (who's obviously my uncle and is only 5 years older than me, which makes him the same age as a cousin of mine from Daddy's side) works in National Australian Bank (NAB)!

After that, home. Sleep.

2nd day of CNY! Daddy's sisters came at about 12-ish. Sit sit chat chat, majority left after a while. Sherman and his family stayed on a bit longer.

In the afternoon, Mummy and I went over to Mishi's house. NICE PLACE! Josh's friends were just leaving and one of his friends worked in a pet shop and had to bring back a puppy because of the public holidays. Super cute little shitzu. =D

We sat and chat for a bit, had a drink and a bowl of really good cheng tng.

Us! Some people say Mishi and I look alike. You think so? =D

Later that evening, Daddy's siblings and Mummy and I gathered again at Daddy's older sister's house for dinner. Honestly, dinner wasn't THAT great like what everyone said. Only the oysters (and facai), mushroom chicken (something which is damn easy to make) and dessert (something similar to cheng tng which even Mummy can make) were great. Lobster over cooked. Vege (which were damn hard, my teeth nearly broke) with oyster sauce was a bit tasteless (I couldn't even taste the oyster sauce). Sea cucumber had sand (WA LAO?!). Shark's fin soup was terrible (I had to pour my rice in to dilute the terrible-ness). How did everyone come to say it was great? Mummy came home agreeing to every single thing I said.

Ok, no more mood spoilers. Family photo! That white dress made me look FAT. Adam saw the pictures on facebook and said I seemed to look chubbier when I'm actually 2-3 kilograms LIGHTER than the last time he saw me. Stupid dress.

Sigh I found so much joy in this CNY. I remember sitting down in one of the houses (can't quite remember which but I think it was Granduncle's) quietly. Solemnly.

"Stop dreaming, De Xin. All these are gonna end. Poof. Gone. In a month's time you'll be back to the land of misery. Don't be too happy."

Sucks.

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: