Tuesday 3 February 2009

ALMOST A MONTH AGO

Severly late in posting haha my bad. About a month ago, I went out with SHERRY LOVE! We went to Marine Square. Remember how EITHER of us will DEFINITELY be late and VERY RARELY both of us are on time?

I was late.

SO. We had late lunch (at about, what, 3? haha) at Pasta de Waraku! They had this set lunch thingy which I thought was quite worthy. But if you're a big appetite-r, you can forget about it. The set lunch was one pasta and one side for I think S$9.90. So we picked things we liked. Or rather, I liked. Heh.
Potato salad on toast. Not baaaaad but something I can do at home haha!

Spicy cod roe pizza! I LOVED THIS LIKE OMGOSH! The roe (sorry I just love roe) was nice and creamy, crust was nice and crisp, gah and the sauce was just awesome. If I ever go back there again, this is a MUST HAVE!

Sherry had the ham and peas pasta. Not bad but er, ya, I can also do that myself > <.

Spicy cod roe pasta! I told you I love roe. Tobiko roe, cod roe, crab roe EXCEPT salmon roe. Too big, i found it disgusting. Back to the pasta. The pasta was cooked al dente! Yumz. Very fragrantly cooked. Two thumbs up =). But because it was a set with that side, all the portions were smaller. =(

MOVIE! We watched AUSTRALIA! Thankfully I have a friend who appreciates good movies. Everytime I asked some people to watch Australia with me, "HUUUUUUUUUH DONT WANT LAAAAAAAH VERY LONG LEEEEEH!" Boo you.

I thought the movie was AWESOME. True, it was long, but not a single bit in the movie felt draggy. It was like a history lesson about Australia, except less exaggerated. Rare, huh. Movies are always exaggerated but somehow this movie seemed to be hiding some stuff. Like The Hidden Generation were actually abused (some, no, most) when FORCED into white families instead of being just sent to Mission Island like what the movie showed. But gah. The movie was totally great. All those who didn't watch it? You missed out. Too bad.

During lunch, Sherry passed me my birthday present while I passed her the miserable stuff I got her from Shanghai. I suck lah. I promise something better on your birthday okies, love. =)

So I got home and very excitedly opened the card before I even went to my room.
HOME MADE CARD! LIKE ZOMGOSH! You just got the artsy blood in you, something I don't have =(. Best card I've ever got. Not to say I don't appreciate the other cards I've received because they are ALL bursting with love but I never would have thought anyone would spend so much time on a gift for me. You make me feel so loved, Sherry. *wipes tears dramatically* Things I don't get in misery land. Oh wells.

AND THE PRESENT!
TADAH! Is this omgosh or wtheck! CHEESECAKE! PLUS COOKBOOK! TOGETHER THEY ARE THE BEST! Man, Sherry, I really don't know how much thought you put into getting the gift for me. I even blogged about this so late. Aiya I just suck.

Sigh. This 19th birthday is really the best ever. Surprises, presents, presence(s), blessing, loved ones, friends. Gah. CAN I PLEASE JUST NOT GO BACK TO PERTH COS IM EVEN GETTING TIRED OF WHINING EVERY FEW OTHER DAYS. *pouts*

About a week later (16/01/2009), after I got well from my terrible sickness, I went out with The Good Friend (TGF) for lunch at a Japanese ramen place near Raffles Place mrt station. I can't quite remember the place. Heh. I was still 10% sick okies don't blame me.

This was my bowl of ramen.
And I couldn't finish.

Check HIS out.
And he even finished up what I couldn't finish. Heh.

I was still recovering from sickness so my appetite was till not there yet. But I can say the soup was superbly tasty. The char siew was tender. Noodles were normal. But everything added together to become a damn good bowl of ramen. Will wanna go back again. Bring my parents there or something. Maybe the father. Yeap.

Oh but it's a tad expensive though. I remember TGF's bowl was about S$15.

A few days later (20/01/2009), I met up with Nancy again! We went to Bugis for CRYSTAL JADE LA MIAN XIAO LONG BAOOOOOO! Finally. Have been wanting to try it since I can't even remember when.
Very weird looking appetiser. The peanuts even had the taste of the vegetable. It's weird tasting but so weird you just keep wanting more. Even weirder.

Cong you mian! Or you cong mian. Was nice but a tad dry. Had to add some soup. But the taste was good.

Nancy's kou shui (saliva) chicken. I refuse to know how they cook it but trust me, that thing was hell spicy. Reminds me of the bowl of chilli oil drowned dan dan mian we tried in a sichuan restaurant in Shanghai. Hah!

XIAO LONG BAO!!!!! Ok la. Skin was just right, soup was not bad. But. The meat. I don't know how or why but it tastes and feels different from Din Tai Fung and not just that, it's just not as good. Hmmm. And boo. They don't have yam paste xiao long bao.

Guo tie! Not bad.

JIAN BAO! OMGOSH loveloves! Awesomeness! Fluffy buns, nice inside. Yums. Closest I can get to Shanghai. *daydreams*

I also ordered red bean pancake.

The skin. Is. So. Totally. WRONG. But the red bean paste was not too sweet which was ok.

Overall, I'd rather Crystal Jade to Din Tai Fung. It has a wider, MUCH wider, variety as compared to Din Tai Fung. And at least it has red bean pancake even though it sucked. But if I were to be craving really badly for xiao long bao, I'll go Din Tai Fung. I'll only go Crystal Jade for the noodles and other dimsums.

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: