Friday 6 February 2009

ANCIENT TIMES

Long long ago, in a far away island called Singapore, there lived a girl named De Xin who was sad and single. HAHA just kidding. I really don't know why I just always manage to find random photos of things that happened almost a month (or more) ago. I really haven't been maintaining this blog as well as before.

And no, I'm not sad and single. Actually wait. I AM sad and single. I really am single and I'm sad that I'm losing a best friend to a foreign land in a few days and I'm flying back to the land of misery a few days later. Really sad. Sucks.

So. Even before CNY, on the 10th of January, I went shopping with Mummy. Because I only have these 3 photos, I only remember roughly what happened.

Lunch was at Takashimaya basement foodcourt. This beef noodles (from a stall all the way in the corner by this China couple) was actually damn good. They even have kung pao chicken noodles. The next time I go back I'm eaitng from there again.

So we...shopped. I can't remember what we bought but after Takashimaya we went ovevr to Bugis area because Mummy needed to get CNY groceries from...Albert St I think? But I was REALLY tired 'cos I was sick at that time (remember?) and I was on medication so while Mummy went over to get her stuff, I walked over to TCC at Bugis to have a good cuppa.

Moments later, Mummy called and came over and ordered a tall cup of iced coffee.
Attempt at taking a nice picture of the milk diffusing into the coffee. Fail.

Second attempt when drinker mentioned not enough milk. Fail. Oh wells.

A few days before CNY (21/01/2009), Daddy, Mummy and I had dinner at, uh, some hotel. The one near Raffles City. I think it's Carlton. I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE RESTAURANT!!!!! >=(

Very grand interior design.

Mummy looking at the menu and got fedup and asked me to decide on what to eat and stop taking photos.

Chilli and some appetizer. The appetizer was toufu skin in char siew sauce. Superb!

The father ordered yu sheng.
YAY!

OKOKOK TIME TO LOU!

Tahdah!

Since young I've always loved to lou yu sheng. But only with my family. I find doing it with friends a bit. Weird. Who knows maybe a few years down the road I might have gatherings with friends and lou yu sheng but everytime I lou yu sheng I feel my family (be it my parents, grandma, aunts, uncles an so on) is very very close to me. I've always been very thankful for a family that's been so close and loving to me and each time I lou yu sheng, it makes me even happier.

Dinner goes on! We had ala carte.
Deep fried tou fu. I was kinda expecting cubed ones so I was shocked to see this but (ignoring the crazy amount of oil) this was really good. Toufu was fresh (AND HOME MADE), skin was crisp (and oily =_=) and the flavour was awesome.

BEEF! I think. I can't even remember the name tsk. I can only remember the crisp of the meat, and the sweetness that was not to overpowering. Two thumbs up. Totally awesome, again.

I thought the spoon was pretty hehe.

In Perth, this was called YUMMY DUCK in Uncle Billy's (shudder). This is VERY OBVIOUSLY the BETTER version.

Duck meat was cooked till just nice but the yam was a bit salty but the sauce was totally totally awesome, yet again!

TIME FOR DESSERT!!!!!
Mummy ordered gui ling gao (herbal jelly). Smooth!

I ordered pomelo sago with mango. Woaaah it was soooooooooooo good! Cream was not too heavy, sago was of generous amount (same with pomelo pulps) and the mango was SHIOK! It was so good Daddy ordered another bowl for himself too!

And then, on the 5th day of CNY (30/01/2009), I met up with my Godparents (aka Aunt Siew Khim and Uncle Allan) for dinner. Mummy came along! We had dinner at the Killiney Kopitiam at the airport.

My mee siam! Totally no regrets getting mee siam. Soup had the nutty fragrance and IT WAS SOUR! Not spoilt sour but lime sour. The best thing was, it was just nice. Not too blend, and not too sour. The serving's a liiiiiiiiittle bit smaller than your normal serving but another serving would be too much so. Hmmm.

Mummy's laksa. I didn't try but she said it was not bad. Oh and apparently their chicken rice is not bad too!

Gloria Jeans after dinner. This would be just nice instead of another serving. The tiramisu cake was yums!

After all that, we went over to my Godparents' place to bai nian (pay respect). Mummy didn't have to lah, she just tagged along haha! What a lovely way to end a Friday night by just lazing on your Godparents' sofa in their living room watching tv till it's about time to go home!

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: