Monday 16 February 2009

DEAR NANCY

How's Melbourne treating you for the past few hours? Did you get help from the bus driver? Are you melting? Why are you not online? Is the place clean/decent? Is your area very dark at night? Are you crying?

So many questions. I didn't know where or how to start. They just came rolling out. It's not easy, dear, it surely isn't. There are still so many places I wanna go with you, so many things I wanna share with you but you're gone.

Looking at the photos we've taken together (most of the time not literaly), I can say although it was only 2 years we've known each other and I've been away most of the time, they were still 2 crazy years.

19/07/2007
Half year after we met, while I was back for my winter holidays, I tried Waraku for the first time with you. You had some weird curry thingy and you got high on some alcoholic drink (and I could barely even taste the alcohol???). That's me in the background with my cha soba.

22/02/2008
Another half a year later, I was back during summer holidays. We visited J K Don (our old work place where we first met) at East Coast Park. You and your crazy love for bibimbab. We even walked along East Coast Park until we couldn't walk any further.

I didn't come back during winter holidays 'cos I went Sydney. I was super busy with my schedule and nearly disregarded you. I'm so thankful you took so much effort in talking to me on msn all the time. I'm so glad I didn't lose you amidst my busy-ness.

24/11/2008
A year later when I was finally back, we went Parkway for lunch. I was supposed to suntan but both of us lost the mood. We were supposed to try Summer Frost but it wasn't open. You had duck rice for lunch at Parkway's basement foodcourt.

I was craving for local dessert, we had them at Bedok Interchange's hawker centre. We had our haircut together at the auntie's house you recommended.

And also by then we've already decided on going Shanghai together!

26/11/2008
I can't quite remember about this. Sushi Tei was it? This was what you ordered.

28/11/2008
You introduced me to ban mian gan (dry version of ban mian).

03/12/2008
We went Aston's and I was pissed with the service and couldn't understand why people loved Aston's so much. You ordered their chicken chop. They were value for money but not splendid.

06-14/12/2008
We were finally in Shanghai. The shopping and eating madness. My crazy craving for dessert that NEVER died. Don't ever forget the pretty lady selling bubble tea k. She was so generous. Lovely lady.

You better thank me for putting up that unglam picture of me in my glasses. Seriously, how do I even look anywhere near good in them?!

23/12/2008
You found a Wh!sk at Wisma Atria and we were both crazily high about it even though it was not the same as Shanghai's Wh!sk. You beat me to ordering the beef pasta!

06/01/2009
We went PS. Cafe at Paragon together. We both had the laksa pasta which was not as fabulous as we thought it'd be. I brought my mother there the very next day for coffee and cake.

20/01/2009
We tried Crystal Jade ramen xiao long bao. I went crazy ordering all the stuff we ate in Shanghai. Jian bao, xiao long bao, cong you mian and so on.

10/02/2009
You brought me to Temasek Polytechnic and we had a super value meal in the canteen haha and it was the first time I drove you in my father's Impreza and also the first time I saw you with your hair tied.

Later that day both of us saw bags we fell in love with at first sight and we went in and out of the shop THREE times before I decided to get mine and you still couldn't decide but still bought it in the end before you flew and even put it to good use.

Undated.
You went back to Indonesia for Chinese New Year and you were so unhappy about it but yet you still got me these delicious snacks. They're 3/4 gone. Only left the sticks.

Let's rewind back a little to 02/02/2009
I finally squeezed a suntan session at your place, afterwhich we had lunch at Ichiban Sushi at Parkway. You ordered some curry thingy.

15/02/2009
You've flown to Melbourne. Gone is a best friend. I sent you off at the airport, was planning to write you a letter together with the little froggie keychain I got you but on the way to the airport I couldn't bring myself to take the paper and pen out.

My mind was blank.

You asked how come there wasn't a card from me. Look at this post. How could I possibly squeeze everything, including pictures, into a card?

Before you went into the departure hall, you reminded me about this Thursday. After you cleared the custom, you called Lex and asked him to pass the phone around. When it came to me, you reminded me about this Thursday again. It's amazing you're so worried and encouraging at the same time.

Take good care of yourself there in Melbourne. Diversify your groups of friends. Don't be an idiot like me and rely on just one group of friend 'cos just in case any group backfires on you, you'll have many other groups there for you.

I hope I'll get to visit you in July when I'm over at Sydney. I'll try to make the effort to go over to Melbourne and visit you. I'll miss you so so so badly when I'm in Singapore without you. You're the first friend I've ever gone overseas for holidays with. You always try new food places with me. And we always shopped like as if we had all the money in the world and in the end I ALWAYS GOT BROKE?!

One last thing. Remember on the Tuesday or Wednesday that just passed, when I just started watching Bull Fighting? You told me not to cry. It was the first time we touched on that topic. I told you I wasn't crying. I was lying. I cried for a good 5 minutes. The thoughts of me being in Singapore without you to kns, watch movie, eat, shop, do stupid stuff with. Everytime I thought of that, I cried more.

Please really really really take good care of yourself. Make many many many friends from everywhere. NEVER go anywhere alone, day or night alike. Don't you dare get drunk. And. DON'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT FORGETTING ME. Talk on msn k. I don't mind your blurry "1.3mp webcam". Let's not lose ourselves to busy schedules.

I love you many many, dear. *inserts hug1 and hug2 emoticons HAHA*

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: