Tuesday 6 January 2009

FOOOOOOOOOD~

Remember these cakes I baked for Christmas?


I managed to save one for myself! I was trully amazed by the cake. To think I used 80% fat free cream cheese and unsalted butter and the cake actually came out rich (but not too rich) and dense (but not too dense either), it goes to show the cake was meant to be ultra rich+dense, maybe even a little over the top. Kudos to Australian Women's Weekly. Loved how the cheesecake was not a least bit dry. I think. Hah!

Anyways, on the second day of 2009, Daddy brought me to Whompoa area for ROJAK!
The food centre was along Balestier Road I think heh sorry wasn't paying attention.


Unit 01-06! It's facing the road so it should be quite easy to spot, I reckon =).


Here comes the rojak! I thought it was a bit weird to have jellyfish in rojak hmmm. Too much parsley aaaand what's with those cabbage/lettuce (sorry couldn't remember) leaves?! BUT despite all these, they were really generous with the peanuts and sauce AND the sauce was damn thick. Yums.

Overall? Still can't beat the one I used to always have at Bedok (the hawker centre where I found that super duper ultra good bak chor mee soup). But I'll still go back 'cos the sauce was too damn good.

Daddy got a plate of char siew rice.
Can't remember which stall was it but it was actually pretty decent! The char siew was nice and soft and the sauce was not bad. Will want to go back and give it a try again.

So I got thirsty and I bought a mug of sugar cane juice.
SUCKED BIG TIME. Too damn diluted! To think I avoided the stall owned by china men. Didn't think even our locals were that cut cost. SINCE WHEN DO YOU EVEN ADD WATER INTO SUGAR CANE JUICE! Dammit. And I paid S$1.40. WTHECK.


Met up with Mishi and Faith the next day (03/01/2009)! We ate at a coffeeshop opposite Bugis Junction.
Duck! Yuuum! Sauce was good, duck meat was nice, PEANUTS WERE SOFT!


Pig intestines, three layer pork (heh) and tau pok! Oooooh the sauce was shiok!


KWAY CHAP! I'd say the thick noodle thingy was...a bit on the rough side. Room for improvement! But everything else (those mentioned above) were awesome. Maybe I can.....order kway chap without the kway chap?

After lunch we shopped in Bugis. Went almost every floor. Tried some clothes that I didn't like. And while Faith was visiting the m1 and Hello! store, I managed to get some ear rings, necklace and ring. They have this antique touch to them. Nice =).

We had coffee at The Coffee Connois-whatever. Hah!
Mishi and I each ordered a slice of matchazuki dream. Nice! It first has this citrus taste to it, then you'll realise the fluffiness of the sponge layers, then the buttery taste from the cream comes in. And when you've swallowed that bite down, the hint of green tea surfaces. =) Sweet.


I had this...coffee drink. It's milk (I chose the soy version and I think there was a slight hint of coffee), with coffee jelly and ice cream (I chose vanilla). I chose not to have whipped cream.


Faith had this super thick mint chocolate drink. Ice blended. It was so thick and bitter she thought it was coffee =_=.


Mishi's almond latte. Me no fan of almond heh.


Faith on Mishi's iPhone. A game to be exact.


Which test patience.


And perserverence. Hah!

After coffee we went back into Bugis Junction and shopped a bit more. I got a dress while Mishi bought a super expensive bag. Haha.

That's all for now! But before I go, I'll leave you with something.
Credits to ArcaMax.

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: