Friday 15 June 2007

PICTURES OVERLOAD!

Been feeling a little better. I guess I should give a short update on what's been happening in my life before and after the incident.



During the week of study break, Wei Xian, Mummy and I went to the Greek cafe in Broadway Fair for breakfast on Tuesday.


Wei Xian and I had flat white while Mummy had latte.


All three of us had french toast. Haha!


YUM!



The next day, Wednesday, Mummy and I headed for town together. We went quite early because we wanted to have breakfast in the city. So we went to Cino To Go (I've been dying to go there since very long ago!).


My banana bread =).


Mummy wanted avocado mash on toast but they ran out of avocado. So Mummy changed her order to hazelnut chocolate spread on sourdough toast because I wanted to order that before I changed my mind. BUT they also ran out of hazelnut chocolate spread. HAHA so Mummy ended up with coconut bread. Which left her really satisfied and full. =)


As usual, I had flat white, Mummy had latte.

We then went around city. Can't remember much but I know we went Woolworths because...


Hello headless chicken! Heh. We bought this back for lunch. We did quite a bit of grocery shopping for sure haha. Went back quite early so that I could study for my economics.




This muesli is really good. REALLY. Quite expensive but definitely worth the money. Available in Broadway Fresh. It's the Margaret River one.



Went to Broadway Fair for fun one day and when I was on the way back, guess what I saw!
I've seen two or three rainbows while I'm in Perth but this was the first full rainbow I saw. I've been seeing half rainbows all the while. Ok, I know you can't tell this rainbow is full but it IS. =)

JOAN! It's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet ok! =D

Got home and I was presented with a really lovely dinner.


Beef goulash. The only reason why Mummy was willing to buy the recipe base for this was because it was on sale HAHA. But the beef was cooked just nice. Mummy ate it with rice while I ate mine with bread. Yumness to the max! Thanks Mummy =) *hugs*.



Last Friday, Mummy went to Subiaco with Wei Xian's Mum and came back with a huge bag of huge croissants.


This is what I meant by huge.


Croissant: I'm gonna EAT YOU.
Green iPod: Nooo! I'm so skinny! I'm no yum!

Ok I should stop. Heh.



Then the weekend went by quite terribly. Had my economics paper. It was...I don't know. Don't wanna think too much about it anymore. You just need to know I didn't finish it and I might not be able to pass it.

That same day, Mummy went out with Wei Xian's Mum again for a movie. Then she went Harbourtown. Bought an oreo cheesecake for me from the Gloria Jeans there.

I think I'm repeating myself. But ya, Gloria Jeans' cheesecakes are the best I've tried so far in Perth. Didn't take any picture of it 'cos I think I was so shakened by the news about Greatgrandma my brain couldn't even function properly.



Sunday to Wednesday has been mugging day in day out. There were also regular calls from home about Greatgrandma's funeral. Survived 5 days of black-white-grey-blue clothes.

Oh ya. Greatgrandma was cremated on Wednesday. And after the cremation, everyone went back to Greatgrandma's house to continue praying. And when they were praying, Mummy's cousin's daughter (Aunty Ah Guan's daughter, Ting Ting) suddenly turned around and went, "Ah Zhor!"

Mummy's another cousin, Aunty Ah Chun, askd Ting Ting what she said and Ting Ting replied, "Ah Zhor come back!"

It literally got my hair standing. Couldn't go to sleep in peace last night because of that. Argh.

Ok back to where I was.



Yesterday Mummy and I went down town again. She wanted to make enquiries about her health insurance card at MediBank. When we were done, we walked over to Fast Eddy's because Mummy wanted to buy their apple pie take away (just because she wanted the container =_=).

Then we went over to Carillon City basement foodcourt for my breakfast and her lunch. I had The Kebab Co.'s chicken kebab while Mummy ate teriyaki beef. The kebab was AWESOME despite the fact that it's 97% fat free. THAT's not the reason why I ate that ok. That was the only kebab store at the food court. Mummy's teriyaki beef wasn't too bad either. I loved their onions. Heh.

We walked around a little. Checked out Target's and Sussan's sales. Also went to Woolworth's for some grocery shopping. Bought quite a bit of stuff heh. And when we were done, we sat down for coffee at the Gloria Jean's outside Woolworth's. I ordered hazelnut flat white and an anzac cookie while Mummy had latte.

We made our way to the bus stop when we finished our coffee and realised we were 30 minutes early for the bus. =_= So I pulled Mummy to this "underground city". Haha okok, it's not an underground city. It's something like a food court with a news agency. We're planning to eat down there the next time we go down town again.


This was how Mummy's apple pie turned out to be after we reached home lol. I think we swung our bags around a little too much =P.


Mummy also bought fresh fish fillets from Woolworths and we baked them. It was SUPERB. I super love just-cooked fish fillets. Don't like them flaky.



Went out again this morning haha. HEY that doesn't mean I haven't been studying ok. I'm just taking a small mini break because my brain's been really fried after two very demanding exams and what's happened at home really made me shatter.

So Mummy and I went to Subiaco (Subi) this morning. We first went to Coles to grab some things that were on discount. Then we went to the food court in the Pavilon market but the Japanese stall Mummy wanted to try wasn't open so we ended up with our original plan; eat in Subi market.


Mummy ate from the Vietnamese stall.


Look at that! Their spring roll and pork pieces were YUM.


I had chicken and mushroom crepe with cheese. Ok, you can't see the filling here.


Pardon the poor picture taken. Should have had more focus on the filling haha. But you can see the mushrooms and the cheese. Chicken was shredded so you can barely see them but they made a really good combination.

I bought some really huge strawberries while Mummy bought eggs. Went over to Subi's Woolworths. Bought a bit more stuff. Heh. Our green bag and cooler bag were both full. AND heavy.

Dinner was...marinated chicken kebab (honey soy) with rice. Not gonna tell you how Mummy and I cooked them! But I loved it. Totally =).



This:

Plus this:

Makes a really good cup of hot chocolate!

LOOK!

These few days my day has never ended without a cup of coffee. Sometimes with breakfast bars (up to three!). I know, those things are to be eaten at the start of the day to keep you energized for the rest of the day but I've been studying so much I needed all these to keep me awake.

Tried hot chocolate for a change today and it acts just as well! But then again, coffee doesn't actually work on me. So maybe it's been the breakfast bars that have been keeping me awake. *shrugs*



Lotsa thanks to those who've been showing lotsa care and concern towards me and Mummy during the really depressing weekend. We're still quite shaken by it but we're definitely handling our emotions quite well at the moment.

Grandma's been much better too. She's going on a holiday with Aunt Siew Keow, her hubby and Samantha tomorrow to Penang. I hope she takes this time to get some fresh air out there and come back all freshened up feeling less depressed.



I hope everyone's been coping well with their exams. If this makes you guys feel better, I've been praying for you guys every night. I'm serious. If you have any special request, do feel free to email me your prayer requests. I'll try to keep e-ve-ry-one in prayer. =)

Keep going! The holidays are near!



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: