Wednesday 20 June 2007

FREE!

WOOHOO! It feels so good to be FREE FROM EXAMS and GOING HOME SOON! Been going out and eating like MAD with Mummy for the past two days. ANYWAYS! I've got pictures! Yeah! =D



Mummy and I each have a pot of plant. During normal school days, I would water both plants before I leave for school. Ever since the start of the second study break, Mummy has been the one watering the plants. Hehehe.

Mummy's plant:Not only just looks healthy but...


It has two new baby buds absorbing the beautiful sunlight now!

Whereas MY pot of carnations...


Is withering. =_=. I choose to believe it's not flowering because it's winter now. =)



Last Friday, Faith came over to stay over at Eunice's place. Also to help Eunice settle some housemate problems at the same time. Mummy helped out too.

On Saturday, Faith baked a little something for the people having exams. Uh...except for Mummy. Haha.


Mummy got this white gingerbread man with pink and red hearts! The one I got was blue...and...I can't remember heh. But it was nice! Thanks, Faith! =)



Exams...are over. All three were a bit better than I expected BUT I can't guarantee a pass. No joke here. Continue praying for me k?



Immediately after my CITS1211 Foundations of Computer Science exam, Mummy and I took a walk along Hampden Road. Mainly because Mummy wanted to withdraw money and we wanted to see if the Japanese takeaway restaurant was open. Sadly, it wasn't.

So we walked all the way back to Broadway and Mummy tried Broadway's kebab rolls for the first time! Mummy had the chicken kebab with egg, BBQ sauce and no onions. I had steak kebab with cheese and sweet chilli sauce. YUM! We made a bit of a mess haha but it was a fun mess =).



Post-exam days without shopping just won't be called post-exam days. BUT we didn't immediately start with shopping. We took a trip down to City West. Yep, you Perth people would've guessed it. I went to take my driving license learners test (theory test in other words).

I PASSED! WOO!

But I didn't get out of the place feeling especially elated or what. It felt...normal. Like nothing much happened. Heh.

SO! We next went to the city. On the way to the Singapore Airlines office, we were trying to decide on what to have for lunch. Jaws? Taka? Gloria Jeans? We just coldn't make up our mind! And so we ended up at Miss Maud.

I forgot to bring my camera then so...no pictures =(. But I had a chicken caesar baguette while Mummy had a chicken avocado baguette. We both loved our baguettes! Coffee was good too.

I've hence concluded one thing. Coffee places brewing their own coffee beans normally have better coffees. Like Gloria Jeans for example. It's still my favourite coffee place in Perth.

Then we walked down to the Singapore Airlines office to get our air tickets changed. We're officially flying back on the 24th of June, 1.30am, touching down at around 6.30am on the very same day. (ASK ME OUT ASK ME OUT!!!!!)

Mummy asked a whole load of questions on what could or could not be brought on to the plane in our handcarries. And when Mummy was finally satisfied, we left the place for city centre!

We shopped A LOT. Went to Myer, David Jones, Woolworths and city chemist (to get some glucosamine gel for Grandma). Mainly to buy things back to Singapore for the loved ones. Also bought a frying pan. Some marinating sauces. CHAMPAGNE GLASSES! And I cannot remember what else haha.

Sat down for coffee at Gloria Jeans again. I had my usual flat white with a shot of hazelnut syrup and an apple muffin. Mummy had mocha. And we were too early for our bus (24).

Walked around a bit more and finally made our way to the bus stop and we were still about 15 minutes early lol.

When we got home, we rested for a while. At around 7pm, we finally (and slowly) made our way out to Hampden Road. Where to? TERRAZZA! This time I remembered my camera =).


Mummy had spaghetti marinara. Classic. And she loved it.


I HAD STEAK! In mushroom sauce! I loved their new potatoes as well. YUMMM!



I kept telling Mummy this was the best steak I've ever had because I've never had a medium rare steak before. BECAUSE my parents loved theirs well done and always ordered well done for mine too.

That day was super well spent! =)



Today...I DID remember to bring my camera but...I forgot my memory card =_=. We had breakfast at the Greek cafe again. They didn't have pancakes so Mummy had their french toast while I had raisin toast. As usual, we loved their breakfast.

Took a bus down to Wellington and then a bus down to Ikea. We tried to make the trip to Ikea as short as possible so that we could take another free ride back to the city centre. BUT Ikea didn't have the whiteboard I want =(. I guess I'll have to get Eunice to help out a little here.

Managed to take the free ride back to the city centre (because it's within two hours). Went to Myer 'cos Mummy wanted to check out some bowls. Out of stock. Mummy also checked the price of the slow cookers and bought another set of pyjamas.

Had lunch at Seoul Korean BBQ on top of Woolworths. I had bibimbab, Mummy had beef bulgogi. IT WAS YUM! WOO!!! I love bibimbab!!! =D

We also went to Woolworths and David Jones. Bought more stuff. Mainly the stuffs Aunty Siew Khim wants.

I had another cup of coffee at London Court Cafe (FINALLY!), accompanied by a slice of apple strudel. Mummy didn't have coffee 'cos she wanted to have a good sleep at night hah! I thought their coffe was o-k only. Maybe it's just the atmosphere that makes it special. But their apple strudel was not bad.

Took bus 24 home and GUESS WHAT! I'm officially housemate-less! ARGH been waiting for this day for SO LONG! Mummy did a thorough clean of the toilet and the ex-housemate's room. She took so long I offered to cook dinner for her.

Nothing special la. Instant noodles with fresh prawns, lettuce and eggs. =) She loved it though! =D



Planning to go down to Fremantle for some fish and chips after the locksmith comes down to change the lock of our door. I PROMISE MORE PICTURES! =)



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: