Sunday 13 May 2007

MOTHERS' DAY.

Planned to wake up at 10am this morning hah but I forgot my handphone alarm was set to "except Sundays". So I happily slept till 10.50am. Woke up in a shock and quickly went to shower.

Asked Mummy why she didn't wake me up and she said she thought I was really stressed and tired so she didn't want to wake me up. Man, I really love her. Gah she's just so sweet!!

Anyways! We left the house at 11.50am and took bus 24 down to the city. We still couldn't decide where to have brunch so when we got off the bus...
I suggested Pancakes At Carillon! Mummy was more than happy!

There was a queue and we waited quite a bit. Probably close to half an hour. That shows Mummy's eagerness to try out their pancakes haha!


Our drinks came first. Mummy ordered a cup of flat white while I had lemon, lime and bitters. Two thirds of it was gone by the time our food came =_=.


Mummy had pancakes with brandied apricot while I had cream-cheese-filled-crepes with vanilla ice cream and raspberry...sauce? Heh.


LOOK AT THE CREAM CHEESE!!!!!

It totalled up to $35. Totally awesome. Mummy and I left filled and satisfied. Yum!

We then walked around the city. Went to places like Target, Myer, David Jones (just for the toilet =_=), Borders and so on. Checked out the irons, cds (Mummy's looking for line-dance songs so if you guys got any lobangs help me k? Heh thanks!) and cook books. Mummy bought a pair of boots from Myer.

"My most expensive but happiest purchase in Perth," she claimed. Haha!

Also went to a bookshop near Woolies. Had an unpleasant encounter with an old man. Shan't emphasise.

We walked for about three and a half hours and got tired. Java Joe was closed. So we popped by a cafe. Looked at the menu and then at the time. Looked at the menu again and then at the time again. Decided to try going to Tiamo early although the reservation was for 6.30pm.

We got off a couple of stops early on purpose and walked down to Tiamo. Was still early. For a total of half an hour. But they still let us in. Great service!


I ordered a vegetarian ramazzotti. Mushrooms, semi-dried tomatoes, seeded mustard, spinach and white wine cream sauce. With fettucine. Mummy had scallopine alla panna. Scallopines pan-fried with mushroom in a white wine cream sauce, accompanied by roasted gourmet potatoes.

We thought scallopines were scallops. But when I tried them, they tasted like pork to me. Mummy thought they tasted like chicken. =_=.


Mummy in deep concentration! =D


We finished our food (we shared) and decided to take a look at the dessert menu. Mummy didn't find anything she liked so...
I just ordered this cheesecake! I forgot the name. Some...really...complicated name haha. But it tasted really really really good. Just maybe a tad too sweet.


"The cream looks lonely," said Mishi the other time when I also had a cheesecake at Tiamo. =D

Mummy and I walked home together. As we left Tiamo, I asked Mummy if she's happy today. She smiled from ear to ear and said she was very very very happy and enjoyed herself today. I said "I love you, Mummy", we hugged, and continued walking back together, holding hands. It's been so so long since we did that.

When we got home, I placed Mummy's card, letter, and ear studs on her bed.

When she saw them, she teared, hugged me, kissed me and rushed to the toilet =_=. But when she came out, she read the letter. If you guys noticed, the start of the letter was actually a story told by Ps Joyce.


There you go! My ever so pretty Mummy =). I love you, Mummy!!



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: