Thursday 10 May 2007

LAST WEEKEND.

Last Saturday...went Northbridge with Mummy because Mummy had a craving for Hong Kong BBQ and she wanted to try finding for chinese Mothers' Day cards for Grandma. Walked to the stationary store we usually go to in Northbridge but they didn't sell any chinese Mothers' Day cards. So we left for lunch.

We walked up and down but we couldn't find Shun De. Ended up eating at De Xing haha. Sounds exactly like my name eh. The writing's different, though. De (the first character of Germany in chinese) is the same but Xing is different. Their Xing is happiness I think. My Xin is carnation. =)

Lunch was awesome. Roasted pork was (REALLY) crispy. Char siew was good too. Mummy loved the roasted chicken as well. I personally preferred Hung Kee's roasted duck, though. And I've yet to taste any satisfactory roasted chicken here.

After lunch, we went into the usual bakery and got more chinese pastries. On the way to town, we passed by a gift shop. Mummy stopped by in hope for a chinese Mothers' Day card but there wasn't any in that shop either. So she had no choice but to get an english Mothers' Day card. And I got something special. =)

We then went over to town. Mummy wanted to get her Shiseido products from Myer's but there wasn't any free gifts so she didn't want to buy =_=. Where got like that one?!

We saw a few things on offer so we went up to the electrical appliances level and guess what! Mummy bought a new hairdryer (and got a refund for Woolworths' lousy hairdryer) while I got a food-processor-and-blender-in-one! Mummy's was only...A$19.95? Mine was only A$79.95! Sweet!

Next we moved on to Border's. Mummy got a Sudoku book (With an offer thanks to my coupon!) and I got Mishi a gift card! Yay!

Sat down for coffee in the Gloria Jeans in Border's. I had my usual green tea chiller and a cheesecake (It was awesome!!!) while Mummy had iced mocha. Her usual iced coffee drink as well haha!

Took bus 24 back home. The food-processor-and-blender-in-one was super heavy AND bulky. My arms hurt a great deal after we got home. I washed up a bit and walked to church.

Service was awesome. It really moved me. Speaker was Ps Teresa Tay. I could relate to her pain when she nearly lost her father. For a moment I felt a strong and urgent need to thank God for Greatgrandma. So when Ps Teresa Tay asked people who needed prayers to go down, I went. Had a number of people praying for me, even after service. Thanks guys! =)

Didn't join the gang for dinner. Needed some time to myself. Cooked instant pasta and spent quality time with Mummy. In other words, I shared with her what happened during service.



Had another sumptious breakfast on Sunday morning haha. The one with the letter "M" on it is a yam paste bun. Don't ask me why it had a letter "M" instead of "Y" on it. Haha. Usual green tea bun (yum!) and lao po bing. AWESOME!

But they were so oily!!! Hence the kitchen towels. Heh.

Went IGA with Mummy after breakfast. She wanted to get canned pineapples from Kongs. Got back, Mummy steamed some buns, prepared the pork and LUNCH WAS READY!!!!! Fast huh. Haha!

Went jogging in the afternoon. Jogged 5km, as posted before. Haha. Felt so good.

Dinner was pineapple rice! We used the paste, of course. But we had to buy chicken and pineapples. I cooked! It was gooood. If there were sultanas it would've been much better. But MUMMY doesn't like sultanas. =_= Sian.

When I was about to start on my assignment after dinner, Wei Xian asked if Mishi called me. Just then, I realised I had a miscall but I didn't know who it was from because my callerID was off (thanks to the ever-so-efficient Optus staff from India). So I messaged Mishi to ask if she called me. She called back, said she didn't call but "now that I've called you, you wanna join us for coffee at Tiamo?" How could I say no! I wanted coffee and I wanted to spend time with the birthday girl! =DHad an orange macadamia cheesecake. Cheese wasn't fragrant enough. Mishi had beef. Marianne had lamb. Joshua had pasta. Eunice had bruschetta. Wei Jun had a banana split and a salad. Wei Xian took a bit off everyone haha! That pretty much explained all the people who were there!

Left the place when Tiamo was closed for the day. Weekend well spent!



De Xin does not like jogging in hot weather. 8 kilometres felt like 8 m-i-l-l-i-o-n kilometres. Bad.



Sneak preview: Went Ciao Italia with Mummy, Wei Xian, Wei Xian's brother, sister-in-law and Mother for dinner!



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: